bittah.com!~ Midair AUS release date: Friday May 4th - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Midair / General / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri May 04, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Midair AUS release date: Friday May 4th

got up to 800 or so concurrent I think
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Fun e how trent (kust0m) capping mach 1 speed vs nrwbies. Good on ya mate ;) show off more vs newbies
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 11:17 am

Really nice to see a full Australian server at 11 am in the morning on a Saturday. Hopefully it stays this way.

We had two full Australian servers last night. Looking forward to seeing you guys on again tonight.

IGN: Krakyn
Royalty
user

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am

had a few matches with you - def looking forward to more.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 6:41 pm

Holy hell this game makes me feel 10 again.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Hey fellas beating a dead horse here but thought I'd try, so after about 5pm GMT+8 au servers jump to 300 ping for me from about 180. There is absolutely nothing I can do on my end to stop my ISP from routing me through fucking hawaii once "peak" times start, right?

VPNs, WTFast, even trying through my 4g hotspot on my phone don't fix this.

Am I doomed to play with americans*?

*bastards who chain in rabbit???
Last edited by Monk on Sun May 06, 2018 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Will there be any substantial marketing, or are they relying on the 20 remaining diehard tribes fans to spread the word?
Hello buddies on bittah please read this plea from a desperate man

If any of you know any singaporeans or other assorted asian peoples such as those from japan korea or china or hong kong, who used to play tribes, push midair on them very aggressively please. For example old school G2 peeps. I think i've seen generator playing, can someone who knows him please tell him to open up the ol' ICQ and message everyone who used to be in G2 and located in the great continent of asia, but preferably the south-east regions.

I've tracked down xiaoninja through elite e-stalking, but xooey, send vandaldeca a message; i will as well.

Tribes is the only game that makes me smile, even when i get midaired while capping at 80kph and missing every shot i take, but you miss every shot you don't take, understand?

It would be real swell to have a full asian aka low ping server.

Thank you for reading, help a pal out!!
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 10:15 pm

Why is the server browser so bad?, refreshing 20 times to even see a single aus server.
DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 05, 2018 10:55 pm

Will there be any substantial marketing, or are they relying on the 20 remaining diehard tribes fans to spread the word?
Hello buddies on bittah please read this plea from a desperate man

If any of you know any singaporeans or other assorted asian peoples such as those from japan korea or china or hong kong, who used to play tribes, push midair on them very aggressively please. For example old school G2 peeps. I think i've seen generator playing, can someone who knows him please tell him to open up the ol' ICQ and message everyone who used to be in G2 and located in the great continent of asia, but preferably the south-east regions.

I've tracked down xiaoninja through elite e-stalking, but xooey, send vandaldeca a message; i will as well.

Tribes is the only game that makes me smile, even when i get midaired while capping at 80kph and missing every shot i take, but you miss every shot you don't take, understand?

It would be real swell to have a full asian aka low ping server.

Thank you for reading, help a pal out!!
Crazy man

Join bittah discord, gen is online there... you can chat to him.

I havent seen vandeldeca for 10 years plus sorry dude.

Xiaoninja wow!!
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sun May 06, 2018 8:29 am

Why is the server browser so bad?, refreshing 20 times to even see a single aus server.
Haven't had this issue personally but some others on the official discord said something similar. Hopefully a temporary issue.
Get your bum into bittah discord DOX.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 07, 2018 2:23 pm

I've played a few hours over the last few days. I'm enjoying this a lot more than the beta, mostly because you can simply jump into a server as we have the numbers. While I'm still terrible at some of the mechanics, the game plays really well and its certainly tribes. It has been fun shitting on all the newcomers to the series, but I suspect that'll drop off quickly.

My only concern is that while these initial numbers are nice (getting games at any time of day is a treat), if this is as good as it gets, it'll drop off quickly in the next few months and we'll probably just be left with the same old crew and empty servers.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 pm

Part of me feels bad for not developing a tribesesque game in development, the other part is glad i didnt. Tried it out and it's not bad, but meh it just feels lacking to me. The movement also feels odd - like not being able to even micro correct your skiing path - it's been a while but that was always a thing wasnt it? Also not a fan of having jump and jet on right mouse and not being able to jump with space as well as ski with it, just feels gumby. Meh anyway i hope it does well regardless but i honestly cant see it happening, it just doesnt feel like there's enough there.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 09, 2018 4:57 pm

Dude, you have more control over your skiing path in this game than any other tribes game? How many hours have you played it for?
dose
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 10:01 am

U have more air control but there is close to zero directional control on the ground

That’s why I always said it needs a better jump that actually works while going downhill

Picking up flags at the base of runs is all map knowledge , u can’t really turn mid ski
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 10, 2018 2:38 pm

ramps everywhere tho ;)

i have space for ski and lctrl for jump which is great for bunny hops off upward exits. i know what you mean about downward slopes tho. it tries to jump but you're going down too fast for anything to happen. tbh it doesn't really bother me, it's easier to finish your halfpipe, then steer towards the nearest bowl and discjump after the kent. once you get used to it you can be back on course quick enough.

ninja physics exhibit a
it's different but just as good as t2. you manage it subconsciously after a few games. then you're free to spam voice commands ;p
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]