bittah.com!~ That (other) video game circle jerk 2016 - Page 3

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am

Didn't I hear something about all xbox one titles working on windows 10?
It's hard to tell how they decide what games make the "Play Anywhere" cut. Surely the MS exclusives will make it but I see ARK on the list as well.
Current list - http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_Play_Anywhere
Interesting concept but we'll have to see how it pans out. If it was all games it would be a gamechanger but if it was MS exclusives I'd barely notice. It does fit nicely with the apparent resurgence of co-op but many titles are now talking cross-platform play which makes it a bit redundant.

Crim, don't expect much SoD in your 7DtD beyond the 'scavenge in a zombie apocalypse' premise. You can definitely tunnel too, underground is probably the safest place to be.

DJ - Totes, and that's just the first alarm bell of many. The phrase that first springs to mind is "unrealistically ambitious". I'll be watching it though, it will be pretty special on the off chance they make it work.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:11 am

Thing is, more and more games are exploring this planetary/galaxy thing revealing just how much player interest there is in it. Star Citizen, this, No Mans Sky etc. It's only a matter of time before something comes along and nails it. Space Engineers would be a hell of a lot better if it had a higher sense of speed like in the video for this Dual Universe thing. It's actually quite impressive what they've done to that particular game. I bought it in its early days as i liked the idea of it, and it's really awesome - the going from planet to sky is a seamless experience but it's slow as shit. IF you zoomed down, it'd be so much better but they've been going down a realism path.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Are you telling me that Space Engineers now has planets with seamless travel between them and space? I bought it early on too and dabbled in the ship building aspects but it has been quite a while since I've played it. I was very impressed by what I had seen early on so I imagine things have only gotten better. It was certainly one of the few exceptional early access games. They did everything right I must say.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Are you telling me that Space Engineers now has planets with seamless travel between them and space? I bought it early on too and dabbled in the ship building aspects but it has been quite a while since I've played it. I was very impressed by what I had seen early on so I imagine things have only gotten better. It was certainly one of the few exceptional early access games. They did everything right I must say.
Yup, you can fly from space down to a planet and it looks like you're on a planet. It's just as i said, a slow transition down. When you're on the planet, it uses different systems - propeller based engines etc, all with a degree of realism. But there's a full ground based side of the game now, and it's not half-assed either, you should see some of the things that people are making in the game now (and available via the workshop).
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:09 pm

want!
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Re:

Would love another Quake game similar to Quake 2/3 but the rumours are that this is a hero shooter. I'm loving Overwatch but I'm not sure I'd want a Quake based one though. No gameplay at all so the trailer is useless, etc.
This looks nothing like Quake. And it sucks. I thought that Q4 sucked, but this... Why are those faggots make every single game online? They've made Quake online, they've made TES online. Motherfuckers. God, I hate them! If I want an online shooter, I will play Overwatch. Because it always have been online shooter. And the very existence of Overwatch doesn't break my heart. I'll ratter buy boost for my hero in Overwatch (I even know the fastest Overwatch boosting service on the internet) than buying this shit.
ingrowdisback
user

YouTube: xBTaT7L2_X8
[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Re: That (other) video game circle jerk 2016

I don't know why many people spend thousands of dollars on games in steam or other playgrounds. I'm 42 years old and I have my own Minecraft server where 500+ people play. Despite my age, technical support from ggservers hosting helped me figure out how to set up hosting and launch the server. Now I can't only play my favorite game, but also earn good money on my project, which is enough for me to live. This is strictly my opinion, if there're people here who don't like Minecraft sorry.
ingrowdisback
user

YouTube: xBTaT7L2_X8
[ignore]