bittah.com!~ [stats] so what can I read into them.

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:55 pm

[stats] so what can I read into them.

So i'm constantly reading all your little stats sigs now on the forums.

How well do they reflect the player? There are certain things Iam reading into them that seem to me to refelct my knowledge of how certain of you played Tribes. Is it just my imagination or can you tell a teamplayer, solo god etc from the stats.

ta.

ps

fu
Stan
Handsomest
Handsomest

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:59 pm

Teamplayer fo' real baby.
Grinch
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:04 pm

Very little, basically they show aggregates so it's like putting up how many xp points your WoW char has or your player home page for T2 listing total kills/deaths etc (it does show your rank though and I guess you could look at the ratio of team to global score but...). And the bracketed numbers show greatest streaks.
jpr333
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:25 pm

I think things like kill streaks and death streaks can show traits, as can the team points when compared to the combat points.
mentasm
calm

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:34 pm

they don't really mean anything. just a bit of fun.

l o l at medal whores.
KFC
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:48 pm

Re: [stats] so what can I read into them.

So i'm constantly reading all your little stats sigs now on the forums.

How well do they reflect the player? There are certain things Iam reading into them that seem to me to refelct my knowledge of how certain of you played Tribes. Is it just my imagination or can you tell a teamplayer, solo god etc from the stats.

ta.

ps

fu
I think not; mainly because mine show me as some sort of solo point whoring faggot (2:1 ratio represent~); which admittedly I am but I also play for the team. Any points I get is from attacking or defending - I just always tend to be the first one at the enemy flag on a pub so I'm often the one who gets nailed neutralising the flag then some other tard gets my hard earned capture points.

So to an extent - yes~~~~~ but not totally
permaband
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:35 pm

screw you hippy
/2aven
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Hmmm, it really depends on the player. What they want to get out of the game.

e.g. my time spent playing hasn't been a point whoring exercise, and any future play won't be either. I tend to go commander / destroying or repairing assets and there isn't much scope for point whoring in that role.

I am actually not too huge on the FPS side of the game. A little bit every now and again is OK as long as it is structured. Being a random grunt ingame isn't my bag either. And I certainly don't need medals.

I find the server / other players who are on it can be important too.

e.g. I can't stand being on a server and not having people around who don't understand how to work as a team. Joining squads, giving and receiving orders etc. I can live with not knowing many of the players if they "get it."

It really shits me trying to get squad leaders who don't know what they are doing.

If the teamwork element isn't there then I really don't enjoy hanging around being a lonewolf trying to get the odd flag / destroy the odd arty placement with no overall strategy.

I had a few good games with some AE guys and another clan (I forget the name but it had Concept in it) because we were able to work as a team rather than a group of randoms.

lol, unfortunately pubs mostly suck. I personally don't attach much value to any statistics gathered from them.
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:03 pm

CLan wars will be a different story, there, it is ALL about the commander and the SLs.

The command infrastructure will make dynamic tactics work a fucking treat.

It's like the game has taken away all the hard parts(aka the co-ordination, fucking about meeting up etc) and allows you to concentrate on the combat element, as far as the actual capturing and holding vs defense.

Im really excited about how clan wars are going to pan out.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:43 pm

Hmmm, it really depends on the player. What they want to get out of the game.

e.g. my time spent playing hasn't been a point whoring exercise, and any future play won't be either. I tend to go commander / destroying or repairing assets and there isn't much scope for point whoring in that role.

I am actually not too huge on the FPS side of the game. A little bit every now and again is OK as long as it is structured. Being a random grunt ingame isn't my bag either. And I certainly don't need medals.

I find the server / other players who are on it can be important too.

e.g. I can't stand being on a server and not having people around who don't understand how to work as a team. Joining squads, giving and receiving orders etc. I can live with not knowing many of the players if they "get it."

It really shits me trying to get squad leaders who don't know what they are doing.

If the teamwork element isn't there then I really don't enjoy hanging around being a lonewolf trying to get the odd flag / destroy the odd arty placement with no overall strategy.

I had a few good games with some AE guys and another clan (I forget the name but it had Concept in it) because we were able to work as a team rather than a group of randoms.

lol, unfortunately pubs mostly suck. I personally don't attach much value to any statistics gathered from them.
I pretty much agree with all of this.
alThor
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:57 pm

the rank/unlock/medal system is purely a gimmick

but you probably can read a little bit into it stan, for example if a player had a 1:5 k/d ratio you can be pretty sure they are retarded
Raiden
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:12 pm

i like points
Cruger
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:59 pm

and the ranks.. ranked relevant to what and out of how many peeps and is it global?
Stan
Handsomest
Handsomest

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:26 pm

you can tell how many hours people have played.
Sansius
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:42 pm

yer global rank
Sarge
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:53 pm

Out of curiosity, if you disconnect before the end of the map do you still accumulate any stats?
doopy_loopy

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:54 pm

Out of curiosity, if you disconnect before the end of the map do you still accumulate any stats?
This is a good question. One which i wish to know the answer to also. I think it does.... becaue i was accumulating points earlier and i was joining and and exiting servers.. so who knows
:|CASK|:
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:18 am

everyone is a stats whore at heart, this is evendent by the fact i now have to run the bf2.slawed page off 4 servers to keep it alive.

its also great for clans so they can see where people are strong/weak and train and or position people in such roles.
3x0dus
calm

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:07 am

Every stat is saved afaik
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:08 am

Further to this - i have seen people disconnected before the end of the map for whatever reason, and still be awarded a medal at the end...unlike the previous two BF games. So it definitely remembers.

The children are saved!
Deepjay

[ignore]