bittah.com!~ T:A - Vintage :: Rule set discussion - Page 15

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / Competitive / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Re: T:A - Vintage :: Rule set discussion

Let me know when the next round happens, I'll go tcn again and make notes on the experience
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Let me know when the next round happens, I'll go tcn again and make notes on the experience
Your notes won't count unless ww approves :yellow_laugh:
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 pm

and rain

its only u that doesnt count xui :)
whitewhale
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:11 pm

and rain

its only u that doesnt count xui :)
actually marv n amb decide everything sorry guyz
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 pm

Re: T:A - Vintage :: Rule set discussion

As previously discussed many times taking the LMG away from the jugg makes it next to useless as a combat class, they cant defend themselves very well at all against a LAR/AR. They get melted. I'd love to see it gone if we could lower the LAR/AR lethality by 20%.
Alas, we can't. I'd certainly like to get rid of it, we could test it one time without. I must say, Zoo doesnt need the LMG to do his job.
I disagree - rock, paper, scissor

JUG = rock
SLD = paper
PTH = scissor

Problem is you all seem to think JUG = Swiss Army Knife :p

I just think people have gotten lazy/used to ezmode JUG - as you said Zoo can do it no probs, and plenty of other players who play JUG have equally good disc skills, they just opt for the easier/killfest option.

Also *gasp* if the offence moves as a unit then the issue of getting picked off by SLDs becomes less of an issue +1
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 pm

Soilder O was better than HO anyway.

Jugg mortar LMG thrown discs is a good HOF
rain
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 pm

I don't like any one class being without chain..All three of them are far too lethal.

I kill juggs in pathy lar against the lmg jugg, plenty of people do. i would say i win at least 3/4 times out of 10 against the best of them out of there and in theory juggs should own the arse out of the pathy 10/10 times. a soldier with AR can fuck a jugg up easily. I really dont think it needs to be without the lmg - we're aiming for a 9v9. the HoF won't be able to defend himself against a good clearing team at all - i dont want mediums on flag!

like i said, throwing discs are definitely be up for discussion.
also, a jugg limit per team could be considered, as much as I wouldn't want that.

that said I fuckin hate the LMG, I dislike all the chain as its fucking OP.
alas, it ain't real tribes without chain
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:28 pm

Jugg would be in a bad position both for offense and defense if it lost the LMG imo. Could easily justify banning thrown disc but without LMG I just don't feel like jug would have the kit to get the job done.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:27 pm

Yeah true I guess. Yet again its the prevalence/power of chain that fucks it up for everyone. As much as you try to move away, it's still the main crutch for TA :|

I would actually like to play one game with similar rules, but change following:

- Change PTH to Disc/shotgun (standard)
- Change SLD to Disc/Eagle
- Change JUG to Disc/Mortar
- Remove SEN entirely
- 9v9 or 10v10
- No cap limit, just 25mins of pwn

Just completely remove the cheese and see how it goes. Hitscan with high drop off is a much better option than across the map ratatat imo. I think the larger numbers would be necessary to add some forgiveness, but I reckon we could have some amazing fun with some good players who are forced to take the lower % shot.

Anyway, sorry that was prolly a bit of a derail I'm just thinking aloud after realising that even with these awesome rules, chain wins the day :(
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:51 pm

i would say i win at least 3/4 times out of 10 against the best of them out of there
only if 3/4 attacks start from behind :mrgreen:
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 pm

i would say i win at least 3/4 times out of 10 against the best of them out of there
only if 3/4 attacks start from behind :mrgreen:
haha, whatever trevor :oralsex:
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 am

Yeah true I guess. Yet again its the prevalence/power of chain that fucks it up for everyone. As much as you try to move away, it's still the main crutch for TA :|

I would actually like to play one game with similar rules, but change following:

- Change PTH to Disc/lar/grenade launcher (standard)
- Change SLD to Disc/lar/grenade launcher/thumper
- Change JUG to Disc/Mortar/lar/grenade launcher/saber launcher/plasma
- Change SEN to phase/disc/ lar (non hitscan u gotta lead biatch)
- 9v9 or 10v10
- No cap limit, just 25mins of pwn

Just completely remove the cheese and see how it goes. Hitscan with high drop off is a much better option than across the map ratatat imo. I think the larger numbers would be necessary to add some forgiveness, but I reckon we could have some amazing fun with some good players who are forced to take the lower % shot.

Anyway, sorry that was prolly a bit of a derail I'm just thinking aloud after realising that even with these awesome rules, chain wins the day :(
I fixed for you iscarrot :D imagine the fun we could have with that setup lol I'd play everytnight.
Hard to fix a broken game boys :(
It couldn't be to hard for hirez to allow the players to set up classes and more weapons slots.. They should do this.
I agree with whoever said jugg will be a weak hof w/o lmg. Hofs can't protect themselves just with a disc and mortar :(
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:04 pm

^ i had a dream last night.....
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Balance is what we need