bittah.com!~ New rules for comp - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / Competitive / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm

I think you guys have a bit of a misunderstanding about how the discussion actually went...
Pls do tell
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:19 am

Does he, or does he not hold the balance of power?
deadpixel
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:46 am

I think you guys have a bit of a misunderstanding about how the discussion actually went...
Pls do tell
Most of us cried about how strong triple jugg and such was and decided that with tribes being such a fast paced game we should keep a static element such as deployables to eliminate the need to be skillful at the game so everyone was basically on the same level which fixed the population problem in comp.

On a serious note we made mention multiple times to talk about rage on sent, ego on soldier and deployables such as mines at the end as they are a single topic, but it took so long to discuss everything else we stopped (we went through everyone and almost every subject one at a time).
Lummy
calm

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:39 pm

Wow so many limits and hard to police/enforce rules....reminds me of a saying - a camel is a horse designed by committee.
running freedom physics is fuckin retarded, its like if we had played base in pubs for T2 and then gone ohwait lets play classic for matchs lol!
This. Also too many changes - many of them not fully thought through in relation to how they impact on each other & the game at large, however the biggest disconnect is in the physics (unless they give us freedom pubs?). Would have been better to implement max 3 of these changes every 2 weeks and test/react imo, but game is dying anyway so probably doesn't have the luxury of time left to do that.

I'm with WW's assessment. The only ones I 100% agree with are INF & TCN limit plus rep kit ban, but those were things I said were necessary 6 months ago when we did the last lot of changes as an admin team. My biggest beef with this rule set are the class limitations across the board, which are just going to stagnate tactics further...those limits are especially bad for anyone wanting to break out of the current meta with something new as they severely limit your options across both offence and defence. Step backwards IMO but time will tell I guess.
Iscariot

[ignore]