bittah.com!~ Exhibition match hosted by EL - Page 4

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / Competitive / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 am

how was the test with these physics, i would have played in it but had a dinner thing on
Everyone really enjoyed playing with freedom. It kinda makes capping slightly faster (maybe 20 sanics?) / easier (the stronger upwards thrust helps prevent cratering) but chasing is more viable too. Generally just feels more fun to play! Some more testing may be in order but I'm sold and don't wanna go back to standard lol.
rifter
Fruitacular

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 am

I didn't noticed a speed increase with SLD capping though, just found it easier to maneuver.
rifter
Fruitacular

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:06 am

It made games much more frantic and fun.
I think there is slightly too much air control as it makes tryin to plate at anything longer then very short range complete luck.
Also walk speed should be reduced imo again because it makes it too easy to dodge stuff.
thesoph
user

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:14 am

I think there is slightly too much air control as it makes tryin to plate at anything longer then very short range complete luck.
Also walk speed should be reduced imo again because it makes it too easy to dodge stuff.
Air control is fine. We need it like this so it requires some skill to chaingun and easier to dodge of you're capper. This is a step in the right direction, please don't change it!

I played in kroz freedom physics server an it was awesome. Newbies were catching flags in the air :D these physics give you hang time, battles should be in the air not on the ground(CoD style)
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:45 am

this is good news, i did alot of early testing on them and thought they were excellent

i did find air movement a bit too forgiving but ill take that over the current physics, iago will like it if the community moves across...these physics are much more chaser friendly

good work dudes
whitewhale
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 am

Have they removed passive air movement yet? or Regen?
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Air control is fine. We need it like this so it requires some skill to chaingun and easier to dodge of you're capper. This is a step in the right direction, please don't change it!

I played in kroz freedom physics server an it was awesome. Newbies were catching flags in the air :D these physics give you hang time, battles should be in the air not on the ground(CoD style)
To be honest I don't really get this air movement arguments.

If anything, increased air movement makes it easier to chain and harder to plate, at least relative to each other since the high ROF on a bullet weapon is so much more forgiving, and allows you to "spray" an area that would guarantee hits, whereas a well timed plate is pretty much a spot-on thing.

Although it's been ages since I played T1, I distinctly remember it having LESS air movement than subsequent iterations. Part of that was the much heavier gravity, and of course the difference in feel that thrust vectoring gives (perhaps that is really what people are referring to when they mean "improving air movement"? ie: at the cost of jets) but overall you had less movement than the other Tribes, and this movement really tapered off the faster you went.

It was the predictable nature of player movement in T1 because of the ABSENCE of air movement that led to such glorious MA's over huge distances - well that and the fact that once you learned the map there was pretty much only a set number of paths people could run due to the unforgiving nature of the gravity, skiing and air movement.
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:29 pm

^ the man hits the nail on the head once again! word
been playing a little bit of T1, gotta say your opinion is spot on.
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Why not having your air control based on how fast you're moving? (Assuming its even possible)
System
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

Re: Exhibition match hosted by EL

That's the ideal IMO...just like T1!!!!
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Seriously guys, please try the physics before commenting. The TA freedom presets makes it HARDER to chain because enemies have greater strafe control. This is why EL have opted to test these settings rather than argue for hours over the theoretical consequences of changes.
rifter
Fruitacular

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Rider is spot on.
Iscarrot, test it before ou comment please. Fuck u can be a dipshit sometime
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Re: Exhibition match hosted by EL

Imagine: ADAD strafing. But faster. And with a swift z axis change that isn't a death sentence.

It's beautiful.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:54 pm

It has always required skill to be good at chain. All the increased air control does is make chain an even better option to explosives compared with the normal physics.

The people who having been asking for physics changes should come and play in our exhibition games so you get a feel for how it plays out in 7s. There is more to the game then chasing and those are the things you can't really test in pubs and training mode.
thesoph
user

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 pm

To be honest I don't really get this air movement arguments.

If anything, increased air movement makes it easier to chain and harder to plate, at least relative to each other since the high ROF on a bullet weapon is so much more forgiving, and allows you to "spray" an area that would guarantee hits, whereas a well timed plate is pretty much a spot-on thing.

Although it's been ages since I played T1, I distinctly remember it having LESS air movement than subsequent iterations. Part of that was the much heavier gravity, and of course the difference in feel that thrust vectoring gives (perhaps that is really what people are referring to when they mean "improving air movement"? ie: at the cost of jets) but overall you had less movement than the other Tribes, and this movement really tapered off the faster you went.

It was the predictable nature of player movement in T1 because of the ABSENCE of air movement that led to such glorious MA's over huge distances - well that and the fact that once you learned the map there was pretty much only a set number of paths people could run due to the unforgiving nature of the gravity, skiing and air movement.
You are 100% correct.

The problem in TA is the fact the bullet weapons are so much easier that you have to give players more air movement to counter the overpowered bullet weapons.

Is this build any different from the last build we did tests when APC was around? I didn't like that air control then, it was too much. It did make capping better aka HARDER (snowie didnt like it :P) but made dueling a bit shit.

Hopefully it has been tweaked to improve the slight problems it had but even still back then it was better than the current physics TA has.
rain
annoyed

[ignore]