bittah.com!~ T1 vs T2 vs T:A - Allstars Match - Signup in OP - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / Competitive / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:08 pm

some good old names there dumbo, I'm surprised you are still around let alone can remember any of that :yellow_laugh:
Kroz-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:20 am

I would love to see a t1 defence team defeat me + qhat + citen + guvnaa capping on O. Only thing I could think of would be hurlz (sent), rad (brute on stand) and ambient MPFF / oodles roaming soldier.

Throw petty in there as well depending on how you wanted to play D.

Everyone I listed is pretty much a powerhouse in their respective role. Although Rad didn't play t1 did he... so he would be in the t2 team. Not sure who you would get to play brute on stand then... I can't really think of anyone that played t1 that also plays ta that is a beast stand player.

neo is a ta player isn't he? It would mean we just need a roaming LD / stand player

mf
neo/oxide
citen
guvna
qhat

Seems like a pretty strong team lol... shame that no chance of getting guvna/qhat back at all.

FYI:
Does anyone even rate t1 players that played TA outside of hurlz, petty, oodles, rain and ambient? I'm sure there are some I am forgetting, but no one else really comes to mind as a GOD tier player.
mf-
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:29 am

marv is definitely in that category. great player
*edit - also personal bias comes into all this shit too much imo.
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:31 am

Does anyone even rate t1 players that played TA outside of hurlz, petty, oodles, rain and ambient? I'm sure there are some I am forgetting, but no one else really comes to mind as a GOD tier player.
oodles played t1?

ur forgetting the vgx prophets who beat u all while u learnt from us :laugh:
whitewhale
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:32 am

marv is definitely in that category. great player
I like marv and think he's a great player, but I find it difficult to put him in the same class as the other t1 players I listed. He also plays LD ( i think ) and I woudn't pick him over petty/ambient who both play that position.

FYI: I'm not talking about players that have the potential to be god-tier if they put the effort in, but players who ARE god-tier. Who knows who would be god-tier with enough time to invest into the game.
oodles played t1?
ur forgetting the vgx prophets who beat u all while u learnt from us :laugh:
VGX had a the same lineup for 6+ months (hence best teamwork/coordination), beast players in key roles and your best players (rad, qhat, neo, guvna) didn't play t1. Simply put, amazing team :)

ALso I THINK oodles played t1, atleast he's mentioned it on mumble
mf-
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:35 am

kustom

jazzy

iago

bloody

<---
but players who ARE god-tier
noone is god tier, in this game there is a skill ceiling for most positions that most people hit some time ago, sniper is probably the only one that doesnt

trolololo if u think we won due to our ringins from non-tribes backgrounds, who do u think ran the plays? fun vgx fact - qhat didnt play for first couple of months and neither did guv

we played grrdian instead of qhat at first and guv was the last vgx member to join, me and rain capped before him
Last edited by whitewhale on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:36 am

mf - i dont think you are qualified to pick such godly teams. Sorry mate :).

Xooey is in there for sure. Mr Crutch is what he's known as.

to be cont.

ps. Ambient wants to be in the T2 team - he said that's where he made his name originally. So maybe Oodles/Petty is an option.
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am

btw bloody is tribes king end of story

debate this and u dont understand tribes
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am

Petty isn't god tier and I think you'll find he feels the same, hes a good solid player with great decision making (key). Their trio is extremely tight and in 7's that's clearly the defining factor on their success. Pleasure to watch.

I rate petty very highly but plenty of people can do that job in that D. No disrespect intended.

I rate everyone you've mentioned but think bias may be coming into it to a degree (natural, you play/see a lot of the stuff they do).

Marv has never put a lot of playtime into T:A, you're right there. Honestly though his ability to play multiple D positions to a really high level is what puts him on my pedestal.
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 am

Yep
Can play any position to a very high level..any!
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 am

i dont think we were even a team for 6 months..
neogenetix
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am

T1 Team:
Defense:

hurlz - Sent
oodles/petty - flag D

Offense:
Xooey - Clear(HO)/Cap/crutch
Bloody - Clear/inf/Cap
AceOfSpades - Raider/inf
Damo/Rain - Cap

ps. I rate you WW, but going for versatility.
ImPaLoR
PLEASE EXPLAIN!
PLEASE EXPLAIN!

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am

trolololo if u think we won due to our ringins from non-tribes backgrounds, who do u think ran the plays? fun vgx fact - qhat didnt play for first couple of months and neither did guv
I can only comment on when I started playing TA. When I started, qhat was in your team and was considered strongest chainer in the game. Guvna joined about 7-8 weeks later and I think he's the best capper in the game.
noone is god tier, in this game there is a skill ceiling for most positions that most people hit some time ago, sniper is probably the only one that doesnt
Big call...

Can you always nail a mortar skiing in, can you always pull an MA off against a light/med, can you land over 80% chain bullets or even 100% chain bullets. Do you know every single route in the game thats possible, can you play all 7 roles effectively in a high-tier competitive match. Understanding all the roles would make you a stronger all round player and increase your effectiveness against those roles as well.

None of this was even necessary though because VGX smashed everyone anyway. But to say you guys hit your skill ceiling is stupid.
mf-
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:52 am

I always thought rain was the best capper alongside guv
[EL]Lowrider
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am

oodles played t1?
Since demo. Didn't really like T2 but played like 1 match for AvA, T:V was an abomination in my eyes.
oodLes
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 am

the team u r talking about we ran in the iM cup (sans u of course)

when we played muff we had qhat + giraffe + guv + bloody on offence

we lost and clearing was the issue

sub u into that lineup and now u have no secondary capper for the whole map, no infil, no shrike and noone calling the plays (qhat strong silent type, giraffe inexperienced in comp, guv capper so cant call everything)

that leaves u to run the plays mf, i havent played with u much so i dont know what u do and dont do but i would bet tribes vets see the flow of the game better

the lineup u listed is too chain heavy, when we put me into offence along with qhat and giraffe we wiped out the d nearly everytime but there is alot more to it than that

sorry oodles didnt know u played t1, its hard to relate to GOD TIER players :o
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:02 am

i would bet tribes vets see the flow of the game better
Isn't this what the thread is about? I don't even really fucking care who wins, but it would be fun to play. Big hyped games are always going to be good fun, regardless of the score. The threads / banter are almost always worth it!
mf-
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am

forum flame is easier than suffering through a TA comp game :laugh:
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am

He comes close ;)
He lacks a few things in game I've noticed.. I won't mention them hehe sorry bl00dy

Kustom is great player.. I think he suits jugg O more than capper or flex. Has great awareness

Iago? Hmmm good player but plays the old chaser from t1 does not work in TA.. Although sometimes he mad it work.

If Marv played a lot more he would stand out heaps.. He needs to find his position. I got slayer as stand d with him and light d in a pug. He good back up player/capper stopper :)

Only player that stands out is rad. He can play every role.. That's what tribes needs, a player who can do everything..

ww got 2 kills in a semi final.. Bad player, I can't rate him after that performance.

Oodles best roaming defence(good at killing but is he good at stopping cappers)
Petty lacks killing power but great dodger and nitron on stand.

It's very hard to rate players. All that matters is how teams work together. That's why my darlings that muff is no.1
GG thnx
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am

xui is correct, but i got 4 kills thx

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK8sxngSWaU[/youtube]
whitewhale

[ignore]