bittah.com!~ View topic - I want to be leet

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Tribes: Ascend gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance.

Tribes Ladder, tourney, PUG, scrim discussion

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

I want to be leet

I can select an auto and hold down mouse1, any teams need people with this skillset?

DarthBenedict
calm

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 10:22 pm

i like you

kust0m
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:16 pm

You pro man

Something amazing happened tonight in t:a

I witnessed 6 pathfinders murdering a doombringer with their discs.. Just watching that doomy whore with his chaingun then watch disc absolutely Fuxk him up made my night.

gg disc

XU1
verbal diarrhoea

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:52 pm

DarthBenedict Wrote:any teams need people with this skillset?

Quite a few evidently
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 pm

XU1 Wrote:You pro man

I witnessed 6 pathfinders murdering a doombringer with their discs.. Just watching that doomy whore with his chaingun then watch disc absolutely Fuxk him up made my night.

gg disc

Story of my life XOXO
Shazbotaz
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 6:19 am

Shazbotaz Wrote:
XU1 Wrote:You pro man

gg disc

Story of my life XOXO

People taking the flag after I have called it is the story of my life...
Xarax
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 am

DarthBenedict Wrote:I can select an auto and hold down mouse1, any teams need people with this skillset?

If you think that aiming with an smg takes no skill, then please duel the top raiders. Aim is seen as a top skill in every other game, yet not so much in tribes...
mf-
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 9:01 am

It does take skill, I'm just a bit sad that there's so little variety in competition viable weapons. Plus the obnoxious screen cracking takes the fun out of a duel between two good auto users.

DarthBenedict
calm

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am

Oh man I could bitch for f*****g hours about screen shake.

On topic though, myself and Stulittle are looking at starting a sister team to TEAM TRIANGLE in the coming weeks. This would be a larger, new-blood team recruited from pubs so this might not be for you. Let me know if you're keen, though.

From what I remember of you, you're a good player. Good luck finding a quality team :wink:

Shaada
calm

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 am

Darth is a great HD/ HOF and awesome whorer

I'd pick him up asap :)

XU1
verbal diarrhoea

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 11:21 am

mfzor Wrote:
DarthBenedict Wrote:I can select an auto and hold down mouse1, any teams need people with this skillset?

If you think that aiming with an smg takes no skill, then please duel the top raiders. Aim is seen as a top skill in every other game, yet not so much in tribes...

Its not skill-less, its just boring as ****.
Dkaris
calm

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 31, 2012 11:54 am

Shaada Wrote:On topic though, myself and Stulittle are looking at starting a sister team to TEAM TRIANGLE

Team Tetrahedron ?
thenk
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 am

*shurgs*

I don't mind the autos tbh

castr8or
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:34 am

Dkaris Wrote:
mfzor Wrote:

The thing with machine guns is leading your shots, lets take the soldiers machine gun, it fires a burst of rounds, if you lead it right across a selected path, that path may intersect with whoever you are aiming at.

With a spinfusor you get one shot to lead ahead of the individual to get a hit which is more challenging and in my opinion more rewarding, you also have a reload time to consider between shots, the soldiers machine gun you just fire again.

The CGs you just keep your finger on the fire button and keep leading till you get hits.

While its not skill - less, they do require less skill.
Xarax
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

In other games people don't hover or fly in a linear direction.

Centurion-
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:33 pm

No shot with a low rate of fire weapon (for the most part this means explosives, but also the blaster) helps you aim your next shot unless your target is stationary or moving at a constant relative velocity to you (pretty much never happens). The projectiles are slow, the feedback is irrelevant for the next shot. You just have to be good with these weapons up front. If you miss, you are starting again from scratch.

Every bullet with an automatic helps you aim the next bullet. Even the noobiest noob in the noobiverse can start firing, be way off target, and then correct for followup rounds and get some hits. For people who can actually aim, it means you can often expect to land a large percentage of your magazine.

allmhuran
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Dkaris Wrote:
mfzor Wrote:

Word
overdose
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 pm

DarthBenedict Wrote:It does take skill, I'm just a bit sad that there's so little variety in competition viable weapons. Plus the obnoxious screen cracking takes the fun out of a duel between two good auto users.

A-D A-D A-D A-D is not fun.
danger
cupcake
cupcake

[ignore]