bittah.com!~ For Honor

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:11 pm

For Honor

Game of the week time, gather around, get warm etc.

For Honor - without doubt the best combat game i've played in a very long time, possibly ever. In short - it OWNS.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm

I've seen a lot of stuff posted around about it being a "wholly original" combat system but it's just Mount & Blade's directional attacking/blocking but with street fighter style parries and throws mixed in.

Kind of interested since it's literally a fighting game but I'm gonna wait and see if anyone is still playing it in a month or two.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Having played Mount & Blade i have to say this felt lightyears ahead of it, combat-wise.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:18 pm

I played through the closed beta. It was fun for a while but I got over it pretty quick, didn't have staying power for me really. Close games are rare, its normally a landslide in one direction. I was interested in playing the campaign but not enough to pony up the money knowing I wouldn't really get into the MP.

You should also check out 'Nioh' DJ, its the best game I have played in ages, much better than the DS games imo.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Yeah i'd like to play Nioh but money is tight at the moment - down to single income with the baby.

The For Honor campaign has been much better than i thought it'd be but i wouldnt pay just for it. I've been playing the hell out of the multi and it's intense. There's been a ton of close games and comebacks, it's really surpassed my expectations. I tried it in the open beta just before it released and wasnt sure whether to get it as i thought the longevity would be an issue. I was going to get nioh instead, drawn particularly to the feudal japanese setting but am glad i went with For Honor as it's fucking awesome.

My concern was the combat would lose its appeal quickly and limited maps but it turns out there's a lot of maps when you count the 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 modes, they all have a healthy list of them. But the combat itself is where this game shines. It's buttery smooth, responsive, feels meaty and it's just so easy to reccomend.

The only issues have been P2P related - they definitely should have gone down a server route. They're not game breakers, but they can be a complete pain in the ass.
Deepjay

[ignore]