bittah.com!~ Battlefield 1

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:28 pm

Battlefield 1

Beta is out. Anyone playing? Is actually OK. Thought the WW1 era weapons would suck but they are pretty useable. Tanks are fun. The gameplay is a little slower than BF4 and as a result it lends itself to team play with your squad.
Plazbot
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:30 pm

Beta is out. Anyone playing? Is actually OK. Thought the WW1 era weapons would suck but they are pretty useable. Tanks are fun. The gameplay is a little slower than BF4 and as a result it lends itself to team play with your squad.
Went to try it out and my origin account had been hacked :( Almost puts a sour note on the whole thing for me.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:54 pm

It's a lot better than i thought it'd be. I am particularly impressed by the dynamic weather - it's not pre-set like Paracel island in Bf4 - it can change at any point. I've seen clear, partial sandstorm, full fledged sand-storm where it actually has a dust front approach that looks mad, and i think fog - i'm pretty sure the fog was different from the sandstorm which had barely any visibility.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 am

Pretty much the shittiest BF ever, I'd rather play tribe vengeance based off the beta.

Tanks have the same problem the at-st had in battlefront, the career tanker just sits on spawn screen until he can grab the tank then racks up 50+ kills easily while at best having a few K rounds thrown his way.

Planes feel good is about all i can say......feels like im flying a kite, have wrecked and been wrecked by land troops (using sniper/AA guns/roof mount vickers etc).

Infantry combat feels pretty fuckin average, cavalry is magically 5x stronger than a regular soldier without any visible additional armour.
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:34 am

but battlefield always makes such good trailers :(
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:05 am

I think the tank dominance is just player nubbery - the assault class starts with 2 anti-tank grenades and 2 dynamyte - put them on a tank and they're suddenly not so cocky. Combined with the fact they're much slower than any other Battlefield tanks previous and turn slower i dont think they're too bad. They're definitely dangerous but there's tools to deal with them.

The infantry combat isnt too bad either from what i've played of it but the weapons definitely take getting used to. I assume they've slowed down the bullet speed being WW1 etc.

I think what would determine whether i got it or not would be the maps, if they went light on maps like they did for Battlefront then yeah i doubt i'd pick it up. Battlefront's maps made up for it by being superbly designed - but it also had the whole star wars element to it. This setting alone wouldnt be enough for me
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:59 am

Naw thats the thing dj, the bullet speed on the sniper is fast & has nearly no drop you barely need to lead and barely need to aim up, it seems to have an effective range where it just stops hitting them when the drawn projectile looks to be hitting them but doesnt hit (assume some of the unlocks have better distance).

Id like the whole tank aspect if it had a more realistic damage model and needed multiple people to drive it.
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:03 pm

I do have to say i've been getting raped by snipers though.

I'm not 100% sold on the tanks - as someone who used to spend a lot of time in them (found the later BF's too annoying as you'd get constantly raped by lock-ons/helicopters) - they're big ponderous fuckers. That heavy tank that's literally a moving metal box - omg. My favourite is the land raider looking beast but they're all pretty clunky.

Personally i'd just like them to remake Battlefield 1942 on a modern engine, the world war 2 tanks were by far the best tanking action in a Battlefield IMO. I've found this game better than i thought it'd be, but going in i had zero expectations too as i havent been following it.

I'm also pretty impressed by the way they've implemented horses, the cavalary player models are often super sweet, particularly the british one. Kind of fucks me off now that they didnt implement taun tauns in Battlefront.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:11 pm

why can I plough through this metre thick concrete wall but that one is invulnerable?
this was one of the first things i wanted to check out. in bc2 (battlefields peak) you could level anything that wasn't visibly steel re-enforced but the random-ness of the destruction in bf1 would be annoying. the stages of destruction are quite nice tho.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:53 pm

They have said with BF1 they want it to have the most dynamic damage model yet - but not 100% of the maps as that'd destroy a lot of the design of them and basically make it a crapshoot in a wasteland. I agree with that approach as it was the same with BC2 - although some of those maps ended up barren.

So far it's been good - explosions leave very large craters in the ground which can be used for cover - i crouched in one and had a tank roll over me which was impressive. The building damage is also pretty damned good - the town area of the desert map is probably the best to fight in, lots of incidental cover and building ruin. I've noticed you can also interact with doors and shutters to open and close them (but its annoying that you have to hold the button down for a second or so to do so - can get you owned if enemies are around).

It's also a big plus that things like the zepplin isnt on rails and is fully controllable/destroyable. There's a lot of plusses - we'll have to see how the game pans out though,.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:47 pm

you definitely need some stuff in place. they could've put more effort into visuals that indicated what can/can't be smashed tho.

compared to the crap i've been putting up with in other games this is a minor gripe more than anything ;p
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Yeah i must admit it annoys me when you fire at something and dont even get a scorch mark as the result.

One thing ive been noticing about Battlefield 1 so far is it seems vehicle wrecks either linger for a long time or the entire map. It's cool seeing burning tanks all over the place- although i suppose BF4 had that too.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:46 pm

mmm, its just too mediocre for me, fighting the urge to uninstall and seriously doubt ill purchase full unless it has amazing maps and some major changes.
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:14 am

I tried it.. spawned a few times without any weapons... tried different loadouts, etc... same deal... don't think I'll try again
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:48 am

I tried it.. spawned a few times without any weapons... tried different loadouts, etc... same deal... don't think I'll try again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDXPNtaD6ZY
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:41 am

I don't know if it is just the beta map, but i am really feeling the brutalness of ww1. My first bayonet charge kill was exhilarating, and the game sound far out! A bit like this one - listen to the voice after the bayonet kill.

Does anyone know a good alternate site to Origin to get a key?
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:08 am

GMG was doing a 15% off I think, not sure if they still are. I heard CD-Keys are realiable and I think there you can get it at better prices. What's Origin pricing like?
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:55 am

Origin is $110 for deluxe and $170 for ultimate (includes season pass). Vanilla is $90 (AUD). I think it is like the playstation store, they charge more so that the other stores still sell their games.
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm

$62 AUD
https://www.g2a.com/battlefield-1-origi ... lobal.html

have bought steam/origin keys off them before, works fine
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:12 pm

$ 57.84 http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/battlefield-1-pc-origin

need to create account and like on facebook https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom/app/ ... e_internal

Have ordered from here before (although only a $10 game) and got key straight away
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]