bittah.com!~ Rimworld – Dwarf Fortress and Silence of the Lambs IN SPACE - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:13 am

What's a good early food source in Rimworld?

I've found planting very unreliable and prone to disaster. Hunting is ok but again it's prone to either injuring your hunter - or my favourite, attacking something and getting surprise_raped by its packmates. I've tried making a cool room and putting berries in it - but it still takes a bit to get it up and running. It seems you cant make simple meals from just meat, you need something else to go along with it when cooking it. But even hunting for meat and cooking still involves the hunting, someone to skin the animals, the cooking, refueling the stove etc.

Is there something a little more reliable i might be missing? I know it's part of the game to be constnatly having these kind of issues, but i think food has been my main source of problems in all my games - oh the fun when starvation kicks in. I arent looking for a specific walkthrough as discovering this kind of thing is part of the fun, but im wondering if there is in fact some other things i might be missing.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 am

Rice on fertile ground, you should be able to get a harvest before any disaster strikes.

Soil fertility is one of those "oh" moments you'll pick up unless it's explained to you - in crappy soil potatoes are the best.

Planting should be one of the first things you do - rice grows faster than any other crop and keeps for over a season unrefrigerated - it's nutrition isn't great, but you can supplement meals with meat.

Also, berries and corn can be eaten raw without a mood penalty, but corn takes too long to grow and berries require fertile soil to grow at any decent speed, go off too quickly, and have a lower yield than rice - unless nobody can cook, stick with rice.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:33 am

Fuck you rougey. I wasn't going to buy this and now my children are orphans.
punk
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]