bittah.com!~ ABZU

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:48 am

ABZU

From the guys who made Journey:
Releases August 2 - looks amazing. Journey was a very enjoyable, beautiful experience. There were many times that Journey felt like it was underwater - really stoked to have a game actually set underwater as like the guy in the video, used to scuba dive a lot myself and have always loved the ocean.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:36 pm

nice

subnautica is looking better every time i check on it
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Was tempted to pick up subnautica in that recent steam sale
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:48 pm

I wonder if ABZU will feature music from ABSU?
MetalSutton
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:58 am

Picked this up as it released last night. Holy crap what a beautiful game - very much an underwater Journey. Similar style but so so pretty/tranquil. Almost makes me wish i did drugs.

*edit - oh and also grabbed Sub nautica as it's on sale for 12 bucks usd - am thoroughly impressed with that also.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:30 am

the style and underwater "smoothing" effect looks like it'd make a good vr candidate too

plus you've fkn got me thinking about underwater survival games now, i'd been free of this genre for 4 months :dev:

standed deep ($14usd) uses the same engine as 'the forest' but without the asshole natives and a shark (0:45) that i'm really keen to knife fight. have been disappointed with sharks in video games for a long time. i'm told subnautica ($19usd) is better, gonna give that a go first but the shark and island in that vid look really good. even if i only play them for 8 hours each it's still good value.
</end hijack>
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:40 am

Was playing this last night and it's absolutely beautiful. I'm such a fanboy of underwater stuff though so im biased.

There's barely any game in it though - it's literally swim into a new area, explore it, activate a few nodes that release a number of new species of fish, repeat. I found Journey like this too though - Journey was not about actually playing, any puzzles were barebones at best. It's that same sense of exploration and wonder.

As someone whose always loved underwater environments though, keeps fish, makes it a thing to visit aquariums when traveling overseas and used to scuba dive, this is a great experience.

It's also the kind of thing you play through once in about 2 hours then dont play it again - kind of like Journey
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:42 am

I just finished this - it was super short but holy shit was it a beautiful game. Absolute stunning underwater environments and motion. Must buy for anyone who loved Journey.
Deepjay

[ignore]