bittah.com!~ That (other) video game circle jerk 2016 - Page 3

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:23 pm

But MMO

Watch this, comparisons and ambition addressed.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:18 am

is it really exclusive to xbox? ffffffffff :dev:
had no idea about this game till bongo showed me the first one. why nobody else has made a group survival game clone is a serious f*****g mystery. it's obvious by now the scope in this genre is too small for 1p, the pve in state of decay shits on anything offered up by dayz/h1z1/breaking point types of games and it could easily translate into pvp.
State of Decay 2 is cross play with Windows 10, so there is that option, but yeah no Playstation version.

I played at least a hundred hours on the Survival mode of State of Decay on Xbox One. Definitely excited for State of Decay 2 with 4 play co-op.

In the mean time, 7-days-to-die goes retail on PC\Xbox One\PS4 on July 1st. It's been on early access on PC for over a year. It's sort of a hybrid between the gameplay and graphical style of State of decay, mixed with a resource system similar to minecraft, without the tunneling underground. You gather wood, stone, metal etc, use it to build structures and craft items. Crafting using work benches, furnace, cement mixer etc to make more advanced items. Launch price is $50 AUD, I'm keen to check this one out :)
CrimsonFury
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:25 am

Didn't I hear something about all xbox one titles working on windows 10?
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:15 am

But MMO

Watch this, comparisons and ambition addressed.
These days, "But MMO" raises alarm bells IMO.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am

Didn't I hear something about all xbox one titles working on windows 10?
It's hard to tell how they decide what games make the "Play Anywhere" cut. Surely the MS exclusives will make it but I see ARK on the list as well.
Current list - http://au.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/Xbox_Play_Anywhere
Interesting concept but we'll have to see how it pans out. If it was all games it would be a gamechanger but if it was MS exclusives I'd barely notice. It does fit nicely with the apparent resurgence of co-op but many titles are now talking cross-platform play which makes it a bit redundant.

Crim, don't expect much SoD in your 7DtD beyond the 'scavenge in a zombie apocalypse' premise. You can definitely tunnel too, underground is probably the safest place to be.

DJ - Totes, and that's just the first alarm bell of many. The phrase that first springs to mind is "unrealistically ambitious". I'll be watching it though, it will be pretty special on the off chance they make it work.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:11 am

Thing is, more and more games are exploring this planetary/galaxy thing revealing just how much player interest there is in it. Star Citizen, this, No Mans Sky etc. It's only a matter of time before something comes along and nails it. Space Engineers would be a hell of a lot better if it had a higher sense of speed like in the video for this Dual Universe thing. It's actually quite impressive what they've done to that particular game. I bought it in its early days as i liked the idea of it, and it's really awesome - the going from planet to sky is a seamless experience but it's slow as shit. IF you zoomed down, it'd be so much better but they've been going down a realism path.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:34 pm

Are you telling me that Space Engineers now has planets with seamless travel between them and space? I bought it early on too and dabbled in the ship building aspects but it has been quite a while since I've played it. I was very impressed by what I had seen early on so I imagine things have only gotten better. It was certainly one of the few exceptional early access games. They did everything right I must say.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Are you telling me that Space Engineers now has planets with seamless travel between them and space? I bought it early on too and dabbled in the ship building aspects but it has been quite a while since I've played it. I was very impressed by what I had seen early on so I imagine things have only gotten better. It was certainly one of the few exceptional early access games. They did everything right I must say.
Yup, you can fly from space down to a planet and it looks like you're on a planet. It's just as i said, a slow transition down. When you're on the planet, it uses different systems - propeller based engines etc, all with a degree of realism. But there's a full ground based side of the game now, and it's not half-assed either, you should see some of the things that people are making in the game now (and available via the workshop).
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:09 pm

want!
Deepjay

[ignore]