bittah.com!~ That (other) video game circle jerk 2016

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:10 am

That (other) video game circle jerk 2016

Calm down everyone, I'll post the thread.

Hooray for battlefield and titanfall.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:29 pm

This has me HYPE:
And also the fact that they announced Visceral games in colab with Bioware support is working a Star Wars story driven RPG... hoping its a new KOTOR.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:57 pm

:shock:
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:27 pm

PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:58 pm

Battlefield 1 looks mad in that "gameplay" trailer, but watching some multiplayer footage, not so much. Given I read they're going down the microtransaction and map pack route i think i may just say a big FU. Microtransactions i can handle, but map packs can fuck the hell off.

Also underwhelmed by the Titanfall 2 footage, just like i was with the Titanfall 1 footage
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Would love another Quake game similar to Quake 2/3 but the rumours are that this is a hero shooter. I'm loving Overwatch but I'm not sure I'd want a Quake based one though. No gameplay at all so the trailer is useless, etc.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:46 pm

BF 1 looks fun as fuck but there should definitely be more of a focus on bolt action rifles which would actually lead to the diversified game play they've been touting. It kind of just looks like everyone runs around like spastics with assault rifles same as BF4 at the moment. Still, it'll be fun because battlefield games are fun.

Zeppelins can be steered and leave a big fuck off pile of shit wherever they crash, so its not quite an AT-AT or Gunship. I wonder if any maps will have opposing Zeps spawn at the same time.

They've been releasing map packs as expansions since BF1942 and the micro-transactions to date have just been "battle packs" which are just random attachments or accessories for weapons. I'd be surprised if anything changed, they might start charging for novelty weapons skins since that's in vogue.

Titanfall 2 looks exactly how I imagined, I just hope they haven't changed too much of the MP stuff. Could not give half a shit about single player, though it wouldn't take much for me to get on board a buddy/soldier story about a random private and a giant robot. Trailer is cheesy as heck, and not in the best way. It's obviously a response to the hordes of fucking idiots who whined about the lack of a set of hoops to fucking jump through.
Mass Effect is shit.

Gran Turismo Sport
PREY
BERSERK
Dishonored 2
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:51 pm

oh hey a new quake please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:09 pm

oh hey a new quake please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit
the rumours are that this is a hero shooter. I'm loving Overwatch but I'm not sure I'd want a Quake based one though.
It's Quake Jim, but not as we know it.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Well there was me bitching about overwatch having slow movement and only one gun per character.

Just hope they include a "classic competitive" mode or whatever
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:19 pm

The Technomancer
Agents of Mayhem
Conan Exiles
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:54 am

Looks like microsoft is really pushing xbone / PC crossplay, new forza and GoW will have crossplay co-op, that's kinda nice even though those games suck

Just announced a new platinum game that also gonna be on windows 10, now I have to upgrade
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:50 am

Mass Effect is shit? Forza and GoW suck? Worst reviewers ever. Just bring the news and vids, leave the reviews to people with the correct number of chromosomes.

I'm getting a bit tired of these creative ways to avoid an honest sequel number too. "Gonna get Battlefield 1 (14) and Prey (2) on Xbox One (3) yo. Then I might go watch Ghostbusters."

Stoked to see this announced, loved the first one.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:20 am

How do you even play tribes and not consider gears of war to be the absolute epitome of everything that has gone wrong with shooters over the past 15 years. I've never played forza but it looks like just a normal racing game, this is pretty much the one genre where authenticity is a negative imo, put loops and wallrides and shit in to make it not boring, it's probably a well made game though. Don't even remind me of Press One Of Three Buttons To Pick The Color Of Your Ending Simulator 2012: All Your Choices Didn't Mean Shit Edition Guest Starring Random Stock Photo Girl as Tali, I can't wait to see how much of what the developers say about this version also turn out to be blatant lies.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:45 am

- Master race bullshit (since edited, replaced by "no true Scotsman").
- Never played a game but calls it shit simply because the genre doesn't appeal.
- Focuses on the final (and later updated) page of the Mass Effect book, ignoring how good the other 3000 pages were.

I stand by my original assessment, it's like I clicked on the IGN comments section by mistake.

On topic, loking forward to these.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:22 pm

Completely agree on the sequel namings - that and remaking/remastering old games/movies. It's creative factor 0 out there these days. This morning they've announced a new God of War game. What's it called you ask? God of War.

Re Gears of War - i played the first 1 or 2 at least and they were surprisingly good fun. They also had very well implemented co-op which is a rarity these days. The other thing i loved about them was third person mutliplayer. It was my first real experience of it, and point blank shotgun gibbing people in those games was awesome. God a bit over the game though by the third and i dont think i played the final one or however many there were.

Also disagree about Mass Effect being crap. The second one in particular was amazing. The third was a great game all the way up to the ending where it just lost its shit. The ending deserves every bad word it got thrown against it. I never played the remade version as i couldnt care by that point, but the fact they had to remake it was very telling. Not that they just pandered to internet tears, i think in regards to Mass Effect those tears were justified. The game up to that point was awesome though, as was my hawt sex with Tali. I think ME2's individual character missions (first meeting them, then doing something to help free them up) were the highlight of the trilogy though. So many good characters in those games. By the end of the three, felt like i was in a total bromance with Garrus - that mission where he was sniping people when you found him was so awesome.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:33 pm

I never even said Mass Effect was bad, the one thing I do criticize about Adromeda is the decision to do a "new galaxy, clean slate" thing but not just make it a new IP, marketing bullshit to leech of the success of the previous games. I will talk shit about bioware any day though. Bioware is the Ubisoft of video games.

Also I don't see how it's invalid to say I personally think forza sucks because the style/genre of the game doesn't appeal to me. That's the main reason most people dislike the games they dislike.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:40 pm

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/E3%202016

where is the vr?
is it really exclusive to xbox? ffffffffff :dev:
had no idea about this game till bongo showed me the first one. why nobody else has made a group survival game clone is a serious fucking mystery. it's obvious by now the scope in this genre is too small for 1p, the pve in state of decay shits on anything offered up by dayz/h1z1/breaking point types of games and it could easily translate into pvp.

also
shoryuken?
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Just announced a new platinum game that also gonna be on windows 10, now I have to upgrade
Yeah looks like MS is pulling out all stops between xbox and pc and by that i mean making windows into a console :dev: guess they were really scared of vulkan after all, it did just make it into dota

I'm gonna hold off and see if the cracking groups can strip whatever bullshit makes titles w10 exclusive, unless its entirely directx 12 only, it might be possible. Really dont want to 'upgrade' to games for windows live 2
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Tekken 7 coming to PC brought a tear to my eye. That was the last "too bad I don't have a console" title for me.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]