bittah.com!~ Civ VI

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Civ VI

Freddy
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah super psyched for this, just about shat my pants when I saw the announcement (though I already knew it was rumoured to be imminent).

Instantly pre-ordered the super mega deluxe version. The game instantly shot to #3 on the steam best sellers list.

The "unstacked cities" and the way that war is the default state early on, and diplomacy only comes later, are 2 of the main changes I would make to civ 5 if I designed my dream game. So I'm happy :) I also like the way research is affected by your surrounding environment, which it kind of was already - the designer talks about how previously you could research sailing without ever seeing the ocean, but the fact is you were very unlikely to actually do that in a game because it'd serve no purpose - but it sounds really cool and basically I can barely contain my squee until oct 21
Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 7:55 pm

Stellaris seems to be the second coming of christ for strategy fans and is also cheaper
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 pm

nah stellaris was very hyped pre-release has been getting somewhat lukewarm reviews. and they're quite different games anyway. its in real time and i was never a fan of space 4x
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 13, 2016 11:05 pm

The Civilisation franchise has always been a pretty good time and money investment. A lot better than other games of that genre such as Populous and Megalomaniac. Not sure if anyone is old school enough to remember those last two games.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 12:06 am

The Civilisation franchise has always been a pretty good time and money investment. A lot better than other games of that genre such as Populous and Megalomaniac. Not sure if anyone is old school enough to remember those last two games.
I had a copy of a populous game on either sega mega system or master drive, can't remember, and I being like 7 at the time could not even figure out how to play it. Shit was too real.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 2:05 am

Won't be preordering - did that for Civ V :evil: But my total disappointment let me to Europa Universalis IV :D

Still playing Civ IV on occasion. Hope the reviews for Civ VI post release are good.
RnR
user

[ignore]

Post » Thu May 26, 2016 12:48 am

one hour of analysis from a civ vet who's played the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzC5cUQcFk

soo hyped. i feel 15 again

RPS loved it https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... n-preview/
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:06 am

Sean Bean narrating :duelsamurai:
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:56 am

Damn that looks awesome. Love the way the cities visually grow
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:54 am

will be grabbing this for sure

while watching the vid I really wanted a hololens version so I could play this on my coffee table. looks perfect for it.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:15 pm

yeah I would love to play it on the oculus, and there are rumours it might support it...
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:17 am

for those interested in this, today is a big day in civ 6 hype, a lot of NDAs have been lifted and youtube/twitch etc have been flooded with footage

No I haven't watched all these but just throwing them out there
^ this one is my fav as it has no commentary
^ this one is good though as its commentated by Lead Designer and Senior Designer
or if you like reading (nerd)

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... -hands-on/

I've been following every scrap of footage until now but probably going to scale back now, satisfied, and try to keep a few surprises for when I first play :)
Last edited by Shakey-Lo on Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:33 am

Can't wait for this. I was so dissapointed with Beyond Earth.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:16 pm

Never really played a Civ game beyond a quick look. I tend to drift towards real time strategy or total war style. What's the overall appeal of these out of interest?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 pm

Just.. one... more... turn... /looks outside and sees daylight.

^sums up civ for me. They are addictive as hell while playing.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Never really played a Civ game beyond a quick look. I tend to drift towards real time strategy or total war style. What's the overall appeal of these out of interest?
The thing about Civ is different people play it for different reasons. Some people play multiplayer on small maps like a complex tactical board game. Others play on high difficulties against the AI as a kind of min/max challenge and like tweaking every last slider and settler placement to get the maximum efficiency, figuring out how to optimise the game system to get the most points by game end. Myself I like playing on huge maps over long games, and it's just kind of chill. It's nice music, a beautiful world, turn-based so there's no stress, just potter about building libraries and shit. But you play from 4000 BC to 2050 AD and when you play on large maps with lots of AI nations, the histories that emerge procedurally from the world are what sells the game to me. I often find myself eager to load up Civ just to find out what happens next in the story of the world I've been 'living in' for the past couple of weeks. Then when I finish the game, it's like I've finished reading a novel, and I start on the next one. For me it is an alternate history generation machine thats also kind of a fun, nice chill aesthetically-pleasing game to play. As I said though, there are also players that like the backstabbing politics of multiplayer or the complex metagame analysis, but I've personally never been one for that.
Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:23 am

Nuking that Gandhi arsehole.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:55 am

civ games - turn based, usually polished as fck and generally an enjoyable and less stressful RTS

"do i siege this city or nuke it and send in the scientists to clean up later"
- gandhi
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]