bittah.com!~ Life Is Strange

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

• Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:08 pm

Life Is Strange

Finished the final episode on the weekend and must say I really enjoyed it. My wife looked at me a bit strangely when I was playing a game where I was an 18 year old female photography student... I told her she should be glad for a realistic (well.. somewhat) female protagonist and I'm not running around shooting at people.
It's Telltale "Walking Dead"-esque in play style (without the jump scare mash button events) but I enjoyed this a whole lot more.
Also, the soundtrack is pretty awesome.

Anyone else given it a go?
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:25 pm

i also thought it was strange but then i saw square/enix and the trailer looked interesting :wink:

i'm actually interested in how they put these things together for work reasons. what sort of interactions do you do? is there any replay value or are you done after one go etc? i played the first couple of walking dead telltale games before i'd had enough. it was a bit fkn strong at times eg: jam X to repeatedly axe into a guys shins to free him from a bear trap but still very cool.

imo every fighting fantasy book should be turned into games. those things ruled.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:08 pm

what sort of interactions do you do?
is there any replay value or are you done after one go etc?
Interactions are mostly conversational, with having to use a time travel ability (not really a spoiler, you pretty much get that from the trailer) to affect outcomes in different ways. For example you might have to talk to someone to get certain information, then rewind and talk to them again using the information you now know to get what you need.
You could probably replay it once to see how things could change if you made different choices. I wouldn't think it'd have more than one replay in it though. There's no real 'skill' based element to it, just problem solving and then mostly 'choose your own adventure' style conversation trees.
i played the first couple of walking dead telltale games before i'd had enough. it was a bit fkn strong at times eg: jam X to repeatedly axe into a guys shins to free him from a bear trap but still very cool.
Nothing was more heartbreaking than (walking dead season 1 game spoiler ahead)
Spoiler: Show
having to press a button for every shovel load of burying that kid with his dog
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:30 pm

agh yup. did your missus walk in on you during that? ;)
i love those "let me explain" moments
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:24 am

oh yeah, she hardly saw any of the game but she did walk in for that moment... also some of the more intense moments of Life Is Strange too.. she started off by saying how stupid she thought the game was then as she was walking through in later episodes I caught her watching and getting invested in the story.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]