bittah.com!~ Black Dessert

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:36 pm

Black Dessert

CBT1 starts tomorrow, you can get keys on kinguin for like $3 AUD, don't recommend doing that but it's an option if you're really keen.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:53 am

Black Dessert doesn't sound very tasty.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:17 am

this looks so fucken good , keen as
played vindictus a lot, looks similar as it is also out of corea... will definitely play after helldivers gets old

really want to see which becomes the new king grinder in the west, this, lost ark or blade and soul..
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:23 pm

Played it a few months ago as part of the korean beta. There was a pretty good but not perfect mod that translated it into english. Overall impressions were pretty meh. Looked decent enough but it was very standard mmo, and very standard korean. Was nothing about it that grabbed me in such a way that i felt like actually playing it more than the bare minimum. Then again i find most mmo's are like this these days, all a dime a dozen.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm

have you tried Albion Online DJ I've heard good things from goons
Sarge
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:13 pm

The main deal about this is it's going to have the things we liked about archeage and not fuck them up.

Like it turned out far from being open pvp in archeage, members of the same faction cannot attack each other, and if you invade a hostile faction's land you cannot attack any of them unless they attack you first, really killed the risk/reward of the trading packs transport gameplay. Black Desert's western version looking like it's going to be a real pvp sandbox for once, with guilds fighting over towns so they can tax the local auction house and stuff like that.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Sounds good but highly doubt it.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:22 am

Game's pretty good

We have yet to really see the pvp and guild wars mechanics since that's fairly absent at low level but as long as they manage to handle that stuff adequately it'll be great

http://imgur.com/a/3Hc8H
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:44 am

Here's the thing though, it's never adequately handled. If any mmo does end up nailing it, it won't be a Korean one. Imo. They just never deliver in the end.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:01 am

Whats going to hold BD back is the upgrade stone system, while it is not as horrific as archeages system it is still fucking terrible. I know its a pretty much a Korean staple at this point to just slip slap slop the grind but putting RNG on progression is just bad. Also the fact that you can just buy the stones in the cash shop lol k. Oh and on top of that if you dont have a + 15 at least set enjoy not being able to compete in pvp. It could have been so good. Wonder if they will change it for the dirty western release doubt it though.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:04 am

The problem with korean mmo's as opposed to western - korean games are built with p2w in mind. It's the standard model over there, vastly different to ours. It makes porting one of their games to a western market extremely difficult, as was evidenced in archage which was riddled with it in the end.

Archeage was bloody awesome at first i thought, but the land issues, the way land was auto-grabbed by hackers and literally never freed up really shat on it. Chances of a ported game working is just so slim, far better for it to be built from the ground up for western audiences.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:35 am

Archeage was bloody awesome at first i thought, but the land issues, the way land was auto-grabbed by hackers and literally never freed up really shat on it..
fuck that sounds so gay, how was there no server side detection for that shit, they never trust the client for this reason. people are scum
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:48 am

Whats going to hold BD back is the upgrade stone system, while it is not as horrific as archeages system it is still f*****g terrible. I know its a pretty much a Korean staple at this point to just slip slap slop the grind but putting RNG on progression is just bad. Also the fact that you can just buy the stones in the cash shop lol k. Oh and on top of that if you dont have a + 15 at least set enjoy not being able to compete in pvp. It could have been so good. Wonder if they will change it for the dirty western release doubt it though.
I looked at a guide for weapon upgrading, it doesn't seem too hard to get a + 15 blue item and then upgrade it to a yellow item, since failure only removes a bit of durability rather then destroying the item and all you need to repair it is another blue item with the same name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGTLuPh56Ew

I feel like this kind of system is necessary for providing a drain on the economy to prevent currency becoming completely worthless
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:17 am

Archeage was bloody awesome at first i thought, but the land issues, the way land was auto-grabbed by hackers and literally never freed up really shat on it..
fuck that sounds so gay, how was there no server side detection for that shit, they never trust the client for this reason. people are scum
Exactly.

First problem was that property had signs on them that told you when they would expire. This should never have been in the game. People should have found space by physically checking areas. The property signs would tell you when their payment was due, and then if it was expired, you knew exactly a week later it would free up.

So what happened was on the minute of it freeing up, suddenly there'd be literally 100+ people crowded around this tiny plot of land, all clickclickclickclickclick trying to place their housign base object. This brought in all kinds of fast-click macros to super do it.

BUT despite there being 100's of people, the same dudes would claim multiple sites - aka impossible luck. Turns out there was software to detect it from not even at the location. One fix they brought in was to limit the range you could place a house to stop it but it was clearly still happening.

Property just NEVER freed up, except for exhorbitant prices. OF course you didnt need property to play the game, but it was such a big part of it, a fun part and a key part to trading/producing that just not having it sucked ass. I had 3 small plots i managed but they were limited and a pain in the ass to manage across multiple characters. Anyway fuck Archage, example of a korean port poorly managed. Trion did a terrible job with the game. There was so much good in the game, the whole sea side, the ships, ocean pvp - awesome. But gimped by the rest. MEH i say.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:39 am

Whats going to hold BD back is the upgrade stone system, while it is not as horrific as archeages system it is still f*****g terrible. I know its a pretty much a Korean staple at this point to just slip slap slop the grind but putting RNG on progression is just bad. Also the fact that you can just buy the stones in the cash shop lol k. Oh and on top of that if you dont have a + 15 at least set enjoy not being able to compete in pvp. It could have been so good. Wonder if they will change it for the dirty western release doubt it though.
I looked at a guide for weapon upgrading, it doesn't seem too hard to get a + 15 blue item and then upgrade it to a yellow item, since failure only removes a bit of durability rather then destroying the item and all you need to repair it is another blue item with the same name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGTLuPh56Ew

I feel like this kind of system is necessary for providing a drain on the economy to prevent currency becoming completely worthless
As someone who got to + 15 everything, it took about 3 months of solid playing without buying stones from the cash shop. I ground imps and cyclops for hours and did my daily scrolls and it still took far too long to even get to the bare minimum for late game content gear wise. Compared to the whales in my guild who where sitting on maxed gear after 2 weeks after paying through the nose for it, that system is not going to last in a western market at all.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:39 pm

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/inde ... -1-survey/
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LH2rRG ... =send_form

I know most of you guys didn't play this beta, but go in here and tell them to increase potion cooldown and decrease pvp penalties / war costs anyway. It's for a good cause.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm

BTW this game has a game system like ArcheAge's labour points that determine how often you can do actions such as harvesting plants etc - but get this, it's also spent to use the ingame chat - ie the chat channels. Solution to toxic fucks or e-controversy?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Sounds like a mobile game. Not a fan of games that limit you like that. Even Battlefront with it's 25 charges on those special cards is stupid (why is there a limit anyway?)
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:18 am

Because grind, bitches. Play because you have to, not because you want to. Less (content available from the start) is more (compulsion to unlock what you paid for).

Currencies, levels, unlocks, charges and progress walls in round-based MP can EABOD.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:24 am

Sounds like a mobile game. Not a fan of games that limit you like that. Even Battlefront with it's 25 charges on those special cards is stupid (why is there a limit anyway?)
They're very easy to recharge but i absolutely agree. The picking up of energy icons ingame (that adds +1 charge) is also stupid. The game wouldnt change any bit at all by just removing that particular feature.
Deepjay

[ignore]