bittah.com!~ Megic

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

• Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:42 pm

Megic

It's like hearthstone but not for hipsters

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316010/

It's pretty much a pre-alpha at this point though, game barely works
Last edited by Tobias on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Megic

Just when I thought I'd finally escaped this goddamn franchise you have to point out that there's a free to play version.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:32 am

Going to be updated regularly with new card sets, meant to replace the duels of the planeswalkers series where you couldn't keep you old cards in newer versions, this is meant to just get bigger & bigger over time.
Initial release is a big buggy & nowhere near the polish of hearthstone, but I find mtg overall a much more fun game than hs so I'll prob be sticking with this for quite a while.
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:45 pm

Been playing for a few days now. A few thoughts:

The "easy" AI consistently makes really strong decks, and as you have a limited card selection when you start you are forced to play the campaign for a single player fix until your collection grows. Furthermore, the easy AI uses all of its cards flawlessly - it just tends to make so-so combat decisions (particularly on defense). Or maybe I just suck, iono.

Due to the aforementioned limited card choices, there's a few powerhouse combos that you will inevitably get rekt by unless you use the same thing, so the early levels are a bit smelly.

Lastly, planeswalkers are as game breakingly unfun as they've ever been (especially Chandra as getting her on the field AND revved is effortless and cheap). Your mileage may vary.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:28 pm

/side topic

I haven't played magic years but recently I have got quite into Android Netrunner. I loves it, the asymmetrical gameplay is fantastic I highly recommend it if your into card games. Tis also and LCG so mondo cheaper.

Plus cyberpunk theme ftw.

Fantasy Flight put together a nice little vid if you havent heard of it and curious.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Been playing for a few days now. A few thoughts:

The "easy" AI consistently makes really strong decks, and as you have a limited card selection when you start you are forced to play the campaign for a single player fix until your collection grows. Furthermore, the easy AI uses all of its cards flawlessly - it just tends to make so-so combat decisions (particularly on defense). Or maybe I just suck, iono.

Due to the aforementioned limited card choices, there's a few powerhouse combos that you will inevitably get rekt by unless you use the same thing, so the early levels are a bit smelly.

Lastly, planeswalkers are as game breakingly unfun as they've ever been (especially Chandra as getting her on the field AND revved is effortless and cheap). Your mileage may vary.
I also noticed that the AI at easier difficulties still manages to play the perfect cards compared to the older magic games where the AI was braindead retarded. I think they want you to buy some boosters Heff :wink:
dipp
user

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Once the game is a bit more polished I probably will. Right now it feels like a fullscreen Flash app.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:17 am

Didn't have a problem getting through the single player campaign.. a few losses but didn't get stuck anywhere. Gets you enough for a few boosters to get a decent starter deck together.

I went with an elf deck as the synergy seemed to be the best.

My main gripe is that the match-making is quite tedious... can take quite a few attempts to find an opponent.

I'm not too fussed that the visuals aren't polished, as long as the mechanics work properly which seem fine so far.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:07 pm

I get matches quickly, but it seems somewhat random. Had a match against a rank 1 (I was rank 2). After winning (therefore going to rank 3) it matched me against a rank 20 (who probably has no friends as he used a blue/black deck).

I have discovered another gripe: when people concede in a matched game, you get no points or rank up for winning.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:00 pm

I have discovered another gripe: when people concede in a matched game, you get no points or rank up for winning.
Is that true? I find it pretty rare for people to stick around when they know they're going to lose. I only ever quit if the opposition is just dicking around when they know they've won... eg. I've tapped out all my mana, have nothing to stop their next attack and they spend half their turn playing buffs & putting out more creatures to show their dominance... I don't hang around for those people unless there's some chance I could win from their stupidity. For example, a guy was buffing up a creature with trample to stupid levels, keeping me at 3 life... was up to about 90/90 and taunting me in comms... I was just waiting till I could draw my act of treason...
... and I did :) (This was in DOTP 2015)
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Magic is a rage inducing game. Tableflip functionality should've been first cab off the rank.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:13 pm

There was a pro tip with duels of the planeswalker where you could get a friend to vs you and have him concede instantly for the win and the free cards. Wonder if they're trying to prevent that?
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:52 pm

There was a pro tip with duels of the planeswalker where you could get a friend to vs you and have him concede instantly for the win and the free cards. Wonder if they're trying to prevent that?
There's no reward for duelling a friend - the only multiplayer option with rewards is matchmaking, and only if you win, but only if the opponent doesn't concede when they start losing. And even then the reward is basically a penny.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:54 pm

There's no reward for duelling a friend - the only multiplayer option with rewards is matchmaking, and only if you win, but only if the opponent doesn't concede when they start losing. And even then the reward is basically a penny.
When your opponent quits on you do you stay and beat the AI?
dipp
user

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:57 pm

yes
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:13 pm

When your opponent quits on you do you stay and beat the AI?
Yep, and it doesn't give me anything. I think it did at first. Server bug probably?
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]