bittah.com!~ Fallout 4

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am

Fallout 4

PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 am

in b4 gamebryo again

I mean it kinda looks like they might have used id tech 5, and if so that's great, but I would still bet money that it's TOTES HIGHLY MODIFIED GAMEBRYO YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW IT'S GAMEBRYO I SWEAR ON ME MUM
Last edited by Tobias on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

Gamebyro
Bethesda
Multiplat
topkek.weebm
at least mod support, right guise...
"...Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating [paid mods]."
oic
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:47 am

Looks pretty good. I wasnt that into Fallout 3 though. I enjoyed it, but never rated it as a classic, not like many others. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for Fallout from the original games, not unlike Xcom. This looks pretty good though. Cant really ignore Bethesda these days though, anything they create tends to be awesome.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:05 pm

The environment got to me in Fallout 3, this one looks a bit less dreary.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Looks pretty good. I wasnt that into Fallout 3 though. I enjoyed it, but never rated it as a classic, not like many others. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for Fallout from the original games, not unlike Xcom. This looks pretty good though. Cant really ignore Bethesda these days though, anything they create tends to be awesome.
Bethesda make good games but have the worst QA team in the history of anything. Always have so many fucking bugs in their games at release, sometimes they cant even fix them and release their GOTY editions to resolve them.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:14 pm

I wanted to be hype but graphically it looks like fallout 3 and from what I saw in the trailer the brotherhood of steel is back to being the big dick, which for me personally is a turn off not a huge fan of the story surrounding them but I guess we will see, can't wait for the bug fest on launch though.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:18 pm

Wont be playing.

It's not witcher 3.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:21 pm

The environment got to me in Fallout 3, this one looks a bit less dreary.
the trailer makes it seem like there will be more colour but from what I've read you get to play before the nukes dropped and then after they drop (dude gets frozen or some shit) so that may explain the vibrance in most of the scenes.

Game will be centered around The Institute (MIT) so yeah brotherhood of steel will be back but it would also make sense that rogue androids are the baddie in this one.
in b4 gamebryo again

I mean it kinda looks like they might have used id tech 5, and if so that's great, but I would still bet money that it's TOTES HIGHLY MODIFIED GAMEBRYO YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW IT'S GAMEBRYO I SWEAR ON ME MUM
This is why your mother doesnt love you.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Apparently there is a ps3/360 version coming on a modified skyrim engine outsourced to one of zenimaxs enslaved studios, which confirms that the game is using gaybreo and not carmacks 'shit the bed' idtech5 (which imo is just as bad overall ) But then again some of the textures look pretty shitty so could still be idtech5.
DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:44 pm

IMO it's pretty obviously using gambryo. Those animations... especially when they're all running up to the silo or whatever. It's like the same run that Fallout 3 characters had.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:07 am

So after getting a hard copy so I wouldn't have to download anything... I had to download 18 gigs.

Whelp.

Anywho, stayed up late for it to finish then was up until 3:00 AM completely ignoring the plot in favour of playing dollies and looking for copper and duct tape. That statement will make sense about an hour into the game.

Game plays good, lot of lessons learned coming through - really enjoying the gun play when I need to tear myself away from playing dollies and go looking for more copper.

Game didn't crash once either.

Tonight, I think I'll reroll given the lessons I've learned, mostly surrounding making dollies - I accidently destroyed a couple of things and lost precious copper.

Fucking copper... sooner or latter I'll snap and player.additem Fwhateveritscodeis, but until then, I'm scouring the countryside looking for junk.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:56 am

Haha there are still some Bethesda's Gamebryo (TM) bugs, like when you pick something off a shelf and all other items jump 2 inches into the air. Or my dog falling through the steps and getting stuck.

Overall I'm having fun, but the magic's not there. Preferred NV to FO3, and FO4 so far feels like a suped-up FO3. Gunplay is a good deal better, though, and the weapon mod system is pretty cool.

The map feels sufficiently large, and since I'm a masochist and don't let myself use fast travel, it makes it 'larger'. Playing on the hardest difficulty is okay, but enemies like ghouls and... wild dogs are way too spongy.

Base building seems fun at first, but quickly becomes a chore. Needs a better UI; maybe mods will fix that.

New power armour is very cool and I like the way it's implemented, but be careful coz NPCs will steal your power armour so make sure to remove the core. :dev:

And yeah, never scrap anything you may want to use again later; just store it.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:29 pm

the base building options look pretty amazing (apart from console UI) but what's the point in a single player game?
feedback i've had is that the game is full of bugs and to avoid for a while.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:37 pm

the base building options look pretty amazing (apart from console UI) but what's the point in a single player game?
feedback i've had is that the game is full of bugs and to avoid for a while.
I don't think there's much point outside of passive bottlecaps, and a timesink.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Yeah Ive played about 2 hours so not a tonne but it feels more like an expansion to 3 than a new game its really more of the same its good same but nothing magical so far. I think the witcher 3 spoiled me for open world games its gfx were light years better than fo4 as well I wonder if fallout spent a bit long cooking.

Ive actually put about 5 hours in Rise of the tomb raider which i am enjoying a tonne more so will finish that up then head back to FO4.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Yeah Ive played about 2 hours so not a tonne but it feels more like an expansion to 3 than a new game its really more of the same its good same but nothing magical so far. I think the witcher 3 spoiled me for open world games its gfx were light years better than fo4 as well I wonder if fallout spent a bit long cooking.

Ive actually put about 5 hours in Rise of the tomb raider which i am enjoying a tonne more so will finish that up then head back to FO4.
It certainly feels like 90% of the work was done in the last 9 months... it feels rushed and skeletal. Like, the setting is there, but there are hardly any NPCs you can actually carry out a conversation with, for example. There's only 1 or 2 proper vendors, and only 1 real "city".

FO4 feels more "use your imagination" than even FO3 did, and while I can appreciate that, I far preferred NV's more tightly interconnected story.

For all PC players, since this game has so much focus on looting, just cheat yourself extra carry weight because it is not worth it shuttling back and forth to your base to drop off loot to break down into building materials.

player.modav carryweight 500

should do the trick
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:51 pm

We've spoken about this before but loot has become such an excessively large chore in games these days. Personally I detest the continual draw of picking up anything and everything that is the modern RPG. Loot no longer feels special or unique as you're picking shit up every few seconds. You're not even looking at the detail in rooms/locations because you're picking up shit like there's no tomorrow.

Junk loot came in with WoW and initially I thought it was good as it made every kill more valuable than just mindless XP as it gave you a lot more money. But too often in modern games you're spending huge amounts of time staring at the inventory, trying to determine what's a slight upgrade or not, too paranoid of selling an item that might be slightly better, or holding onto shit thinking it's going to be used in crafting, then never get around to crafting shit anyway as you rarely need it.

Or on the other hand you'll spend a few hours collecting items for this uber item you craft and then replace it in under 10 minutes to regular loot anyway.

It's a fucking farce. This is where games like Dark Souls are great as they are closer to the older school games - you're not getting loot of every fucking thing out there, and when you do get something it's infinitely more special because it's not a given.

Back in Everquest 1, you could slay monsters for hours and only receive a handful of items. There is no chance in hell kids these days would stand for that kind of system, but the modern RPG lootfest is a joke. Actually - then you get games like Wildstar that have the same amount of loot but dont provide you with an auto-junk selling option by default - that's even more rage inducing.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 pm

Diablo popularised junk loot (basically all white weapons) but that wasn't really an "RPG". But now loot needs to be collected, and broken down into "parts". This goes back to KOTOR 2 even with the crafting system there (cryogel?) and I'm certain some game had it before that.

I agree with you, but mostly because I can't stop myself from obsessively picking up every single thing I can.

FO4 definitely has some Borderlands-itis, too, with randomly generated loot (guns w/ mods).

If you want to base build in FO4, you have to spend so much time looting and carrying junk, it's really just very boring. However, just for regular play, there is less emphasis on loot except for with guns (if you want to craft em / mod em).
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Four hours in so far and while I'm not hating it, I feel underwhelmed.

The bad: The world itself looks good but the character animations and textures are quite simply bad - and I'm playing on PC ultra settings. I swear some of the animations are straight from Skyrim. The lip-sync is pathetic. The UI is shit, once again it's a poorly ported Bethesda game - in fact the UI is worse than vanilla Skyrim, that's no mean feat in itself. The building UI is average. The in-game PIP-boy is clunky. The storytelling is "meh" so far. The starter zone never once grabbed me and dragged me in - RAGE did it better in 1/10th the time and the story line was pretty much the same. If you are looking for quality production values and storytelling then stick to The Witcher 3.

The good: It's Fallout and it's "sort-of" open world. But to be honest the number of times the screen popped up with the message that I couldn't go there was annoying.
Combat is great and I've found that I never quite have enough ammo to feel comfortable... and I'm cool with that. Upgrades and crafting are ok but I got over that shit in WoW.

As I mentioned earlier, it's not The Witcher 3 by a long shot but it's an ok game. In terms of its story, Mad Max did it earlier and better and that was an ok but nothing special game. It might pick up soon (I hope). I'm predicting that the mod community will put the finishing touches to the game and I really hope there's an enhanced texture pack somewhere in Bethesda's vault.

In terms of keeping my attention... I'm going to play the SC2 expansion tonight instead and come back to it in a few days.

Edit: Get the PIP boy app - it makes it all so much better!
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]