bittah.com!~ X-COM 2 – We Terrorists Now - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

• Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Yeah I feel like I'm going to lose as well. I've spent yonks pissing about doing side stuff and the avatar bar is like 50% and I haven't done shit. Super fun though, kinda feel like it tries to rush you a bit much though.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:02 pm

re Rushing - what's the design decision behind putting in time limits / turn limits in seemingly most maps? Cheap way of introducing element of danger?

I ask as this is one thing that bugs me in games in general. I don't mind being put to a time limit or having that fear or missing a cut off or what not, but too much of it gets tiring and i dont like it.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:20 am

Within a day of launch, there where already mods that doubled or even removed the timers.

Mostly it's due to players doing the old "Overwatch for several hundred turns", not so much introducing an element of danger as mandating you stop being a pussy and ramping up the difficulty a notch.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:31 am

Fair enough, that makes sense. I've never had that problem as I'm too impatient to just hang back and wait for enemies to come to me (even if it puts me at a massive advantage).

I'm not against difficulty either. I think super difficult games are a breath of fresh air, they actually force you to play the game rather than just zzz through the motions to get to the end/rewards/itam
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Yeah, one of the other things behind the design limits is ensuring that people play more aggressively, meaning that they'll fast have to come to terms with "acceptable losses" for the sake of completing a mission and soldiers being injured and out of action for weeks at a time, meaning that rather than just spending the entire game with a six man dream team, they're gonna have to field a larger roster.

Apparently the ending is amazing and people keep talking it up. While EU felt like a victory lap, this makes for a shitfight right up until the end.

I had a music festival all day yesterday, so I'm keen to get my next campaign going, but work is currently taking 10-12 hours a day so I don't think I'll clear it this weekend unless I completely neglect the half dozen "I am an adult" tasks I need to do... which I probably will.

One thing I really like is how broken and overpowered abilities feel... at least for one or two missions until the Aliens bring out something equally bullshit. Case in point, having your sniper as a kind of John Woo pistol toting messiah to a point where you feel like white doves should go flying every time they take a shot felt steamrolly for all of two missions.

Mimic beacons for example are hilariously evil tools, but given the amount of crap that can wind up on the tactical map you'll be happy to have them.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]