bittah.com!~ Bloc N Load - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu May 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Still enjoying it but the one sided games are getting boring. Defence is also really tough against switched on opponents.
That one game we played together tonight DJ was just terrible.

They would rocket boost around and plant the laser onight the base again and again, often undeneath. They would constantly have three of the around harassing me and murdering the defensive set-up until it was gone. I will admit my defence is still rudimentary at best. I still like the game though

EDIT: Horrible english due to smart phone.
Last edited by Sotha on Fri May 15, 2015 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 15, 2015 8:45 am

Yeah but to be fair that's a problem with any multiplayer game which has random matchmaking. I get the same problem in Heroes of the Storm - games alternate from one-sided to even, completely randomly.

That one sided thing though can mean just not enough people on defence. That game i was 100% useless incidentally - or mostly :P I was playing the ninja and achieving basically nothing. Really dont like that class.

Was engy for a game or two afterwards, lost the first but it was close, but won the second. Sentry's make a huge difference. I've found that they're the most suseptible to long range spam, so i build walls in front of them from those sides, usually realtime while it's happening. Also if i find people getting onto roofs to shoot down at them, i'll actually remove the roof.

That map the other night where they were continually up on the ledge? Played a game last night where i completely took that ledge down, then scattered a few mines up there.

But still you'll always get those unfair matchups
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 15, 2015 10:08 am

Yeah I definitely like the options available - its such a great sandbox, the limitations of your defence/attack are limited only by your mind and a few map restrictions. I found a similar thing with sentrys (in that game we played). I put two sentries on the roof and two near the Cube, and placed a brick wall in front of the sentries on the roof so they were protected from spam, but still able to defend the roof and thus defend the bottom sentries. They got beaten after a while just by being completely swamped in defence.

Thats the beauty of the game though - I would love to see what 4 co-ordinated players could create in defence. A giant trench with fake bricks, traps and turrets? A completely solid wall all the way around the cube hollowed in the middle for defence with spawn points inside and outside? Massive tunnel into the enemy base? Sky bridge? Who even knows? That's the greatest part.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 16, 2015 12:10 am

That one sided thing though can mean just not enough people on defence.
This is exactly why I have switched to engie also. Basically my build phase now is made up of the first 45 seconds mining around the first cube for more resources. I tend to dig down as far as I can with a two block radius. My mate will continue to dig down and outwards for the whole 5 mins making the pit around the cube as big as possible.

While he is doing that I build a platform two blocks wide around our cube then 4 blocks high to make a solid brick cube around our cube. Inside I place four turrets - one on each corner along with a health kit and ammo kit. The rest of the interior floor is covered with glue. Game starts and I then just re enforce the outer walls as much as I can i.e. build another layer around maybe two so it is 2-3 blocks deep, all the while repairing turrets and helping my mate mow down the waves of enemies. Have not lost a game yet doing this strat.
lenny
calm

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 am

I change mine up map to map, but i have pretty solid sentry gun skills now. It's important to brick them in so they cant be picked off at range, at least if you create a semi bunker they are a lot harder to kill.

I also have taken to removing any high approaches. THere's often ledges they can control and rain down pain - solution is to just knock the whole building down. I also put fire mines all over the approach. They work 2 blocks down and buried but i usually just dig down one layer and hide it there. Also put them around the side entries, just around corners etc.

Engy is great, but his real problem is he lacks weapons to deal with any enemy defences from range. I move from defence to setting up a mid map fire control zone with 2 or so sentries, to shoot pricks coming to our base via that path. It's difficult to get setup but can be effective.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:54 pm

A new melee champ went into this over the weekend named Sweet Science. Also a mode called Blockapocalypse or however you spell it. Everythign has been dialed up towards faster matches, free basic blocks, much higher damage against most block types etc. I couldnt get a game the few times i tried to queue, but was interested n checking it out.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 pm

2.99 USD in the steam sale -
Deepjay

[ignore]