bittah.com!~ Dragonball Xenoverse

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:52 pm

Dragonball Xenoverse

So a new Dragonball game is on the horizon and it is coming to pc as well. It is slated to release Feb 27th and will be to my knowledge the first Dragonball game where you can create your own character so hype is rising. There are 5 confirmed races all with unique traits and "transformations"; Saiyans, Earthlings, Majins, Namekians and the "Freiza" race. So far only Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 are the confirmed transformations for Saiyans and Earthlings, The other races are yet to be played by the public but it is speculated that they will kaio-ken type transformations (crazy aura shit and a general power level increase), however apparently the freiza race has no transformation BUT this is all rumors and speculation as nothing has been officially confirmed.
The story is basically 2 new villians somehow can jump through time and are erasing all of the fights involving goku and co so you are wished into existence by trunks to help him stop history being erased, basically you create a character who goes through every major fight in DBZ and DBGT fighting alongside the cast and eventually fighting the 2 new villians, I believe some of the films are also included. According to some comments made by devs failing a fight does not equal game over so apparently there are a ton of diferent endings and such. Have a trailer.
Now as for gameplay, there is a hub city where you can party up with other players to do missions or engage in 1v1 to 3v3 pvp online, you can play offline and recruit cpu characters and venture out to do missions. The fighting looks super duper acradey so expect Budokai style if you ever played it, minus cut scene attacks so no spending 30 seconds watching your self get pummeled while you twiddle your thumbs, if you charge up and miss you are super duper vunerable. Have a dev Livestream.
Now for my thoughts on it all. Personally I am pretty keen for this, I only played Budokai on ps2 and i personally loved the shit out of it, I am not a scholar on DBZ or GT but I do have some very fond memories of dragonball and some early DBZ stuff (freiza saga mostly). Now I am aware this could go either way as there ARE pre order bonuses and musings of DLC support and such so keep that in mind. One thing I am pretty happy about is the fact you get 8 character slots so you can basically have one of each race male and female minus Freiza but fuck all is known about that race at this current time. So are you guys gona pick it up are we gona have some good ol bittard smashing up on eachother? Have some gameplay.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 pm

u am no real super sand....

sorry only if chris from oney does the voice i can play it
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm

u am no real super sand....

sorry only if chris from oney does the voice i can play it
Oh man that would be hilarious if it was some sort of easter egg but I couldn't imagine an entire game of that voice haha.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:48 pm

I want it.....now!

It also gives me a good excuse to watch it again, not that one is needed....awesome show - cept for maybe GT....i mean, it's not bad....just not as good.
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Re: Dragonball Xenoverse

I want it.....now!

It also gives me a good excuse to watch it again, not that one is needed....awesome show - cept for maybe GT....i mean, it's not bad....just not as good.
Consider watching Kai - remastered and with minimal filler/screaming powerup episodes
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:27 am

Consider watching Kai - remastered and with minimal filler/screaming powerup episodes
What is Kai is it something after GT? Is it mandatory viewing?
Also Aristo I downloaed all the series and movies to ground myself in it again haha.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:36 am

Its dbz...but remastered and with minimal filler/screaming powerup episodes (example: tv version of frieza saga 33 episodes (mostly filler and junk)) which kai pulls off in 19 episodes (thank you fan made wikis: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Frieza ... isode_list ).

It's not mandatory, but if one was to consider rewatching the show (or watching the last half of the show that I missed when I was younger) Kai would be the wisest port of call
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:41 am

Cheers for the heads up ill watch that instead of the 297 episodes in dbz lol.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:31 pm

Not really related to the game in any way....but.....I didn't know they released a new movie not that long ago! And another on the way.....crazy shit!

Has anyone seen Battle of Gods? Why hasn't Monk given an in depth review?! Seems like hardcore fanboys aren't huge fans....i dunno, Birus is easily the coolest bad dude since..well, maybe ever for db - i liked the movie...more Birus plz, and more Whis too!
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:42 pm

I saw battle of the gods. It was neat, especially cos it's hinting that they're thinking about canonical continuations which is nice
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:32 am

I've not seen battle of the gods but I have heard it is pretty damned good. In regards to the game, a ton of info has come out since the game launched in Japan.
All the characters in the game.
PS4 & Xbone is at 60fps in single player but 30fps in multiplayer.
PS3 & 360 is at 30fps
PC is at 60fps for everything (master race mirite)

Fem Majins have the thickness
Spoiler: Show
Character creation for all genders and races.
Max level for created characters is 80 people are saying at around level 60 your Character strength is equal if not a bit greater then most of the roster.
As for the PvP the Japanese that are streaming are turbo grinding exp, items and moves so no one really knows how it plays.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]