bittah.com!~ Homeworld Remastered

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 pm

Homeworld Remastered

Yep - I'm pumped for this as I couldn't get it running on my new system

http://store.steampowered.com/app/24416 ... 4_4__100_2

Includes 1 and 2 but no Cataclysm which makes me a tiny bit sad.

First game I ever Alpha tested was Homeworld... they sent me a CD and I played it religiously since, more so than many other games I own.
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:31 pm

What's up with all the HD remasters/collections lately not being the complete package?

I also find it funny how the steam page for the remastered collection already has a metacritic score of 93. They could totally butcher it and it won't be the same as the original.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:13 pm

To be honest, I like the HD remasters, I'm actually playing the remaster of Wings for nostalgia's sake.

It's rose coloured glasses I know, but a lot of the old games have been done well. I lashed out on Grim Fandango too :D
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

I don't mind some of them either. The Last of Us and GTA V I grabbed because I didn't get to play them on the PS3 (not that you could really call them remasters, they are only like 2 years old?) as well as a bunch of the HD collections like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Ico/SoTC, Zone of the Enders, etc on the PS3.

What does get me though is when they a) remaster shit games that no-one asked for, b) do a shit of a job on said remaster (Silent Hill...) or c) not include every game or DLC in the "complete" or "definitive" collection.

Hopefully they do a good job with the Homeworld games as they are classics but I don't have much faith in Gearbox lately.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:02 pm

Re: Homeworld Remastered

I don't mind some of them either. The Last of Us and GTA V I grabbed because I didn't get to play them on the PS3 (not that you could really call them remasters, they are only like 2 years old?) as well as a bunch of the HD collections like Metal Gear Solid, God of War, Ico/SoTC, Zone of the Enders, etc on the PS3.

What does get me though is when they a) remaster shit games that no-one asked for, b) do a shit of a job on said remaster (Silent Hill...) or c) not include every game or DLC in the "complete" or "definitive" collection.

Hopefully they do a good job with the Homeworld games as they are classics but I don't have much faith in Gearbox lately.
I remember the metal gear and zone of the enders hd collections as being quite complete. Am I remembering wrong?
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Some of these HD remasters are just balls though - like Age of Empires online- i'm not sure i'm sold on that. Age of Mythology either. And Baldur's Gate? Blech - the new one looks like crap.

This particular one though looks amazing. Homeworld was a classic in the RTS world - am keen to play it again. Would prefer Homeworld 3 - or Shipbreakers- or more than anything, Dawn of War 3 ffs, but this will do for now.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I remember the metal gear and zone of the enders hd collections as being quite complete. Am I remembering wrong?
They were. The ones I listed were some of the better collections/remasters, although the Metal Gear collection still didn't include the first Metal Gear Solid.
And Baldur's Gate? Blech - the new one looks like crap.
They are making a new Baldur's Gate?
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:09 pm

And Baldur's Gate? Blech - the new one looks like crap.
They are making a new Baldur's Gate?
The recent remakes
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:10 pm

Yep - I'm pumped for this as I couldn't get it running on my new system

Includes 1 and 2 but no Cataclysm which makes me a tiny bit sad.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Homeworld
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Homeworld_2
Should be enough info there to get it going. OpenGL mode, especially with amd drivers can be an absolute bitch tho, but probably maybe fixed by now.

H:Cata was actually made by another dev studio so there's likely a bunch of lawyer bullshit preventing it being included. Shame, cause cata was pretty amazing.
5 dollar savings for pre-ordering isn't enough to persuade me that gearbox wont balls up the release somehow. No idea how they could, but still. Gearbox.
Dawn of War 3 ffs, but this will do for now.
See they're making a 40k in-space rts?
http://www.focus-home.com/index.php?rub=news&id=832
boner warning:
Spoiler: Show
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 am

Yeah saw that the other day, looks amazing - IF they can pull it off. Also along that same vein, hearing good things about world of warships.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Gameplay
http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/01/26/hom ... south-2015

looks the goods - interface tweaked?
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah i watched that video earlier - looks amazing
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Supposedly the reason why Cataclysm is not in the collection is due to the fact the source code is missing.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Supposedly the reason why Cataclysm is not in the collection is due to the fact the source code is missing.
Wasnt it a different publisher/developer?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm

Can't they just get a retail version and reverse engineer it somehow? Or is that sort of thing not possible?
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Can't they just get a retail version and reverse engineer it somehow? Or is that sort of thing not possible?
It's possible but it there's no way to ensure authenticity - like with emulators and mmo private servers - always a little off somehow
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:27 pm

The dev was Barking Dog Studio instead of Relic and the publisher was still Sierra/VUG and they lost a lot of source codes.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:22 pm

The dev was Barking Dog Studio instead of Relic and the publisher was still Sierra/VUG and they lost a lot of source codes.
"Lost"
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am

So the game and the absolutely atrociously made trailer is out. I suggest getting the game and ignoring the trailer.
I'll even spoiler it so once you hear the first 5secs and recognize the song you can hide it again.
Spoiler: Show
Dropped a good half dozen hours into the remaster of Homeworld last night and if I actually bought the game (got it gifted) I'd be happy with the money spent. Original bugs and everything are included. The AI seems to have been messed with as formations and unit behaviour settings are especially wonky right now. Apart from that everything else is pretty damm impressive. As well as just plain pretty. Texture work is fantastic and the audio cleanup is great. The persistent damage scarring option is definitely the highlight of the game so far.
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:55 am

Yeah I was going to get this but have held off as i picked up total war Attila last week and am giving it some time before dating other games (even though there's like 20 wanting my attention)
Deepjay

[ignore]