bittah.com!~ Dragon Age - Inquisition - Page 3

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm similar to you larno, have to clear out every zone and every quest for fear that I will miss some interesting story or some important gear.

I am looking forward to playing this when I'm back in a week or so. Any advice that you would give now that you've finished it?
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:10 pm

I'm level 15 atm. A long way to go then. Unbelievably.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Downloading now. Got 11 hours to go.

Decided that I'll play Shadows of Mordor - needs a 3 gig update.

Ok... how about League of Legends - also needs 3 gigs

Righto.. mmm what about Rome Total war 2? Nope - 1 gig update

But surely not Planetsi.. 2 gig update.

Right then. I can officially play zero games on my computer as that is all I have installed so far (new laptop before I left).

Fuck the police.

Edit: I forgot I also have eve online installed - it comes with a big update too.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:58 pm

Hah i totally know the feeling. Last month i completely blew my cap downloading both Dragon Age and Assassin's Creed Unity about mid-month. God - 4 purchased data blocks later, i was still literally down to my last megabytes, having been unbearably shaped twice.

Everything i was playing required updates. Planetside 2 was already updated but seemed to really chug through the data so made it tricky.

Online games these days....brrrr.

Had also been playing Space Hulk Ascension (which is awesome incidentally) - and it's one of those newbie steam games where each and every update, regardless of how small, is 1gb mininum. Everquest Landmark was the same initially, very annoying.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 pm

With the opening up of Skyhold, this game just became awesome. The story missions have really impressed me so far, which is good because the hinterlands were quite boring.

I hope that the main character from origins doesn't turns up - only because I didn't have my own import and the guy it uses as the default looks like a twat.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:58 pm

What'd you think of the song?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:32 am

At first I was like - ugh lame.

Then it was actually sort of awesome.

Sue me.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah same. It worked in the end
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:23 pm

The bard songs in the tavern are fucking awesome as though makes up for that cutscene :)
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:17 am

51 hours in with a long way to go yet.

Still only level 15.

Sort of regret going rift spec now. The knight enchanter and necromancer both look a bit more spicy.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Dragon Age - Inquisition

51 hours in with a long way to go yet.

Still only level 15.

Sort of regret going rift spec now. The knight enchanter and necromancer both look a bit more spicy.
I've found when it comes to games like this you'll inevitably feel.that way regardless of what you pick.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:04 pm

It's true - I've wondered about other classes having gone with Reaver, but i do like reaver.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:33 pm

I've gone Knight Enchanter and don't mind it at all, the only problem is that I was using Vivienne a lot (love her snark, especially with Sera) but she's one too and has become redundant, and I don't like Solas or Dorian very much.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:43 am

After getting quite far with my Rift Mage, ended up restarting as a DW rogue. Just wasn't feeling the the urge to play my mage anymore. The rogue is a lot of fun though - went the british voice (had the american one on my bearded mage, suited perfectly) which seems to suite the more humorous conversation options I'm taking. I'm enjoying the combat much more. The biggest hate I had for my mage is in dragon fights/boss fights I felt like I was the least contributing member of my party. Sure, group fights I could pretty much do on my own, but that's sort of the 'trash' before the challenge. There were times where I actually wished I could've swapped myself out for someone more useful. It's not that my build was bad - it just wasn't the class for single target damage. I sort of wished I went the knight enchanter, but I didn't have a 'pre-spec' save.

On another topic: I both love this game and find it hard to play at the same time.

Often I load it up and I just really feel like killing some demons or apostates etc. I find myself in haven thinking - what do I have to do here right now? (the completionist in me demands everything that can be done is done). So I end up running around going through every conversational tree that I can. I want to rush it though - my real urge right that moment is to kill things so I'm sort of half heartedly paying attention. After around 30 minutes I finally end up in a battle and start to feel engrossed with the game. Then comes the regret - I didn't really pay proper attention to those conversations - I'm missing parts of the game that make it so special because I'm giving it what it deserves.

Then I have other sessions where I play for an hour and don't have a single fight - just bask in the glory of the codex/books/environment/conversations.

Anyway I want to go in with the mindset that if I load up inquisition I need to just take it slow and play it for what it is, not try to rush to play a particular part I want.

Gamer problems.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:50 am

Yeah I burned out and have shelved it for the time being. Funnily enough, there IS such a thing as too much content. Too much of the same type of thing definitely gets old after a bit.

I found this to be exactly the same with the first game, where i played for a while, felt a bit over it, shelved it and came back later then played through to the end with renewed enthusiasm.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:14 pm

You can always just concentrate on the main story you if wish (which I found really interesting after about the half way point) and then once completed come back to it once you have finished as the game lets you keep going to finish all the little side stuff.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:28 pm

Just to note: I have sunk 140 hours into this game and the ending is still nowhere in sight.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]