bittah.com!~ Destiny

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:44 am

Destiny

Couldn't see a dedicated thread for this. Please move post if I missed it.

I have 2 spare keys for the PS4 Americas region beta. I may also have another spare key for the PS3 version. Unsure what the region means as I've not redeemed any of the keys yet (Let my brother borrow the PS4 a couple of months ago as it was essentially an expensive paper weight at my place).
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:43 am

anyone with a console needs to check this game out. Instant preorder status.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:24 pm

It looks okay, really like the lighting and atmospherics in the underground areas with the zombies, gives S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes, but fuck playing a shooter with a gamepad.

Interested to see if they manage to do more with the Diablo With Guns game then gearbox did.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:51 pm

It looks okay, really like the lighting and atmospherics in the underground areas with the zombies, gives S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibes, but fuck playing a shooter with a gamepad.

Interested to see if they manage to do more with the Diablo With Guns game then gearbox did.
Rumour is that the PC port is due in 2015. What I will say is that for a console game that runs on the ps3/xbox it looks pretty fucking nice and I really like how colourful it is.

It has much more of an mmo feel than borderlands does. Hopefully they handle the dungeons well. Angry joe interviewed the dev and they are expecting to make 7 player + dungeons though.

Certainly has a halo feel about it, especially a couple of the vehicles (one of them feels exactly like that alien hoverbike thing). PvP is also pretty fun, Only 1 game mode available during the beta which was essentially capture and hold. It's pretty much no frills pvp. There's no specific PvP levels or upgrades apart from the specials which are class based.

Recommend playing with a group of 4 friends as it becomes infinitely more fun while questing and scales in difficulty and rewards (both xp and items).
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Caved in and picked this up on 360, game kind of looks like ass on last gen but it plays surprisingly well, like aiming with a controller isn't making me want to kill myself. 6/10, score would increase dramatically if 1080p 60fps and more/better game content.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:18 pm

Well, considering the hype and then disappearance of this game, you'd have to rank it up there with Titanfall.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Post-release noise seems pretty normal to me, not counting all the people losing their shit laughing at first the loot cave thing and now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVzn36l13YQ

As far as just being a simplistic ARPG with FPS gameplay it succeeds at that perfectly, far better then borderlands ever did. The majority of complaints with the game I've seen are that the story isn't fleshed out, the PvP only has a few basic modes, and it's easy to burn out on the game within a couple weeks.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Well, considering the hype and then disappearance of this game, you'd have to rank it up there with Titanfall.
Thought Titanfall was pretty well received and is doing pretty well still?

Destiny is a good game. Most value out of a game i've had in a long while now. I didn't pay any attention to its development so didn't have through the roof expectations. I have no idea what the story is, but the gunplay is fun, levelling was fun, and the end-game stuff isn't too different to any other end-game grind.
SoulFire
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Anyone playing the new expansion? I quit before the dlcs came out so havent played them but was thinking of picking up the expansion and giving it another look. I dont know anyone playing though so thought id see if anyone here was and what their thoughts were?
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Anyone playing the new expansion? I quit before the dlcs came out so havent played them but was thinking of picking up the expansion and giving it another look. I dont know anyone playing though so thought id see if anyone here was and what their thoughts were?
It's kind of exactly the same deal as the guild wars 2 expansion, they fixed some of the terrible design decisions and added some new things that make new kinds of explosions so if you got some enjoyment out of the original product and wished it was slightly less bad then this is exactly the slightly less bad you were wishing for.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:56 am

I am actually really enjoying my time with this expansion, I think destiny got a bit of a hard time really, its quite fun and the run and gun feel is very good.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]