bittah.com!~ Divinity: Original Sin

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Divinity: Original Sin

I've been checking out all the reviews on this game and they're all massively positive. Though has anyone actually tried it yet? Tempted to buy but seems like a waste if I throw away after a few hours. As I've heard it quite hard and there's few tips for quests, you're just sent off on your own.
KraKen
bittah

Yahoo Messenger: friend
AOL: suck
[ignore]

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:56 pm

I've played a tiny bit of it but Wildstar etc got in the way. Looks great, runs well, fun so far. If you like this sort of thing then highly recommended.
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:16 pm

I've got about 100 hours logged, on my second run now. The first chapter is decently challenging on the first run as you get the ropes of the enviromental mechanics and what works well with what (leech is op). After the first chapter the game goes downhill imho, the first chapter was in alpha and beta publically for a while so almost all the bugs and niggling issues were worked out of it. Combat is pretty fun, although towards the end it is pretty cut and dry as you just cheese the shit out of the enemies.

Story is pretty good, get your reading glases though because you are gona be staring at a lot of text. The hud is a fucking pain for casters, you get 3 hot bars for spells, however if you have a spell selected and don't mash right click to cancel it enough times and you click on the hotbar or a new spell, you will cast the spell backwards, shit is irritating, it is almost always better to just open your speelbook and put it over the mini map in combat.

The questing is top notch and a damned good casual filter, you arn't blatantly told where to go or how to do quests and some of the puzzles are near impossible if you don't put at least 12 points into perception (seriously insta death puzzles where you need 12 perception to see the solution, unless you are into trial and error with a few hours to burn).
All in all i am digging it so far and have my fingers crossed someone who knows flash is as fed up with the UI as I am and is working on a mod for it.
LoliLoveFart
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 pm

After having a lot of fun in Divinity: OS recently (still haven't finished it, level 9 still in the first area - taking our time as it's just so good ) and after watching videos from gamescom and from the recent backer beta I decided to throw down some money on Pillars of Eternity. Apparently the prices are going up after today so if you are at all interested in backing the game then now might be the time to do it.

https://eternity.obsidian.net
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Backed.

Also got D:OS, haven't got around to doing more than the tutorial.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:36 pm

Looks like no multiplayer on it though, damn.

I just want another crpg like Neverwinter Nights, but all the ones that have come out or shown up on crowdfunding lack either good character customization or multiplayer.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri May 15, 2015 8:27 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... d-xbox-one

Divinity: Original Sin is coming to the PS4 and Xbox One at the end of the year. Enhanced Edition will be a free new game for PC owners. Apparently everything from the graphics to story to the ending have been changed and is "essentially a different experience."

Finished this a while back, was my GOTY for 2014. Great to see it coming to consoles for an even wider audience as it really was a great game.
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]