bittah.com!~ Strife - Moba Lite

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 pm

Strife - Moba Lite

https://strife.com/portal

Is anyone else in the closed beta? I'm actually enjoying it as it takes a lot from the other MOBAs and adds Torchlight style graphics. The UI is relatively adjustable - you can pin information or have it relatively clean. It doesn't feel busy and the colour contrasts make it easy to follow what is taking place. There's only a limited number of heroes so far and all feel familiar - Bo is Alistaire etc but with a slight twist. I couldn't get into DOTA2, like LoL and have moved on from HoN so this is a nice niche game at the moment.

What I like: Levelling pets that have abilities to help out. Enchanting recipes for items to boost them (but also make them a little more expensive). The courier system to get items to you. Regen Health/mana rapidly when OOC. Great interface that I'm still learning the tricks to. No fighting it out for last hits! In fact, if you are pushing with another player, you both get rewarded for the minion last hits. Auto-levelling - you can program in the order you want to level abilities (plus an easy item editor), The best: No team picking. You select your hero and the game matches you to a set formula (tank etc). No stupid waiting screen as you wait for others to load. You load and can be shopping as you wait - but are locked in place. No wards, no food.

What I don't like: Toxic trash-talk. It seems that MOBAs just bring out the worst in players. Having said that, my first game I played I announced that I was only level 2, had locked in as support, and got MVP even though we lost. you're also locked out from communicating with the other team until the game ends - so there's still 4 other players to give you shit.

It feels like it's in a good spot so far - it really is a light version of DOTA2/HoN with similarities to LoL but again with even more of an emphasis for staying in the field, not hearthing back for mana/life/items.
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:47 pm

Made a thread couple months ago, got a key but didn't make it past the mandatory tutorial.

Is the pet gimmick neat?
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Pretty much a nice gimmick. You level them as you level - that gives you additional pet skills. So my current one can return mana to me on a CD - but can also do a little damage.

Didn't realise there was an earlier post - or forgot.
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm

this and dawngate.... dawngates map is cooler :p

you base is literally a brick shithouse that gets mad and starts chucking shit at the enemy, called a 'guardian'
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:04 pm

I grabbed the client for this Set, curious after you posted this, and it looks boring as shit.

Seriously, if you're going to splash time in a MOBA, the only one worth your time these days is DOTA2 - or LOL.

DoTA2 has the benefit of the international tourney which is starting soon. If you get involved in the game then watch those games live - it's really good.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Heh - I'm not going to defend it - I just found it a nice alternative to LoL (which I play a lot) and DotA2 which I gave up on because I just couldn't get into the whole rhythm of - there's just something that I cant get into about it.

Strife to me is a sit back, don't think to hard kind of game.

I'm getting old - I need that :D
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 pm

MOBA's are a dime a dozen these days. The new blizzard one actually looks quite good.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 pm

S2 games are aiming for the WoW/LoL chill while playing crowd since DOTA2 has the intense gameplay crowd pretty much in the bag, it's a decent business decision I suppose, players who want to git gud will move to DOTA2 as it becomes evident that LoL is actually boring as shit and players who lose interest in LoL because it's become too hardcore might give this a try, and pets!

It seems that this games main competition for the chill crowd will be Heroes of the Storm, but it doesn't have pets! Tho I doubt it will take much to make a game mode/map that included them, which will be HotS real strength, map/game mode diversity, it's basically going to be the Blizzard Map Arcade delivery method in the interim before SC3 comes out (in 20 fucking 30).

The pet thing seems like a neater incorporation of the runes mechanic from Lol, a persistent account based boost to keep dweebs interested in progression because filling bars and fictitious digital shopping is fun or whatever, plus pets!
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:44 am

i thought pets in strife were more akin to summoner spells and champ passives from league

unless it already has those
have you seen dawngate? its kinda like that brief urf mode i guess since like no champs have mana and only a few have 'energy'

then theres also smite, cant forget that unique style of control
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]