bittah.com!~ E3 2014

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:35 am

E3 2014

Video games fucking suck.

Hardline is a mod, borderlands was never good and never will be, New open world zelda who the fuck even owns a Wii U, destiny shitty console fps mmo spume, assassins creed co-op mode whoopie titty fucking do (it might not suck), far cry 4 herp derp machine gun elephants, battle cry who gives a shit bethesda cant make games, alien isolation doesn't seem entirely shit so obviously will be, batman arkham dick butt poopy buttface, CoD: Elysium, Dragon Age oh god we need an IP to flog because ME is gone/it took us 2 shitty games to get a basic fucking game right and we ended up just using someone else's engine and making a bunch of maps and dialog trees and we'll STILL FUCK IT UP, Gears of war is fucking puss, Halo 5 can die in a hole, if you like Kingdom Hearts you are just a fuck wit, SPORTS GAMES (I wish I had friends who liked sports games) Mirrors Edge is also a piece of shit and its a pop culture thing too now fucking great, rainbow six: siege will be console bullshit playing at something it isn't (tho i hope not), sunset overdrive is trying so fucking hard.

Idarb looks alright tho.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:43 am

The post quality is going to shit around here these days.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:38 am

E3 is not for pc moosy, its for closed in platforms like cuntsoles while everybody joins in a great debate about who 'won e3'

in other words, which company successfully marketed to them

pc cant compete in that arena because its an open platform and all of those companies are free to create products on it, they just choose to let plebs worship x platform more than the games

pick a side, draw lines in the sand, hunker down with your exclusives and let the creativity die
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 pm

If you are not excited for Witcher 3 / Dragon Age: inquisition / Civ: Beyond Earth then I cannot help you as you have obviously contracted full blown retardedness with a side of homoface.

On a console front I am also looking forward to Mass Effect 4 & Uncharted 4 like no ones business mmmK.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:49 pm

Mass effect 4

Dragon age inquisition

Witcher 3

Hand me a cigarette because I just came.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:05 pm

You left out Bloodborne - (project beast) - the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:34 pm

Re: E3 2014

You left out Bloodborne - (project beast) - the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls.
But demons souls has an -actual- successor that isn't terrible
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:26 pm

But demons souls has an -actual- successor that isn't terrible
Well Dark Souls was quite considerably different. I'm wondering if they're returning to the hub style of gameworld. And 'isn't terrible' isnt exactly how i'd describe Dark Souls - more like, fucking awesome.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:20 pm

Bloodborne is my most anticipated game from E3, comes out early next years PS4 exclusive

see this gameplay trailer from an OLD build that got leaked today:
http://www.onlysp.com/wp-content/upload ... be.mp4?_=1

This is how it looks now, offscreen from E3 press demo:
http://i2.wp.com/a.pomf.se/whhetq.gif?resize=580%2C326

E3 CGI trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G203e1HhixY

:boggle: :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:
MeathaX
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:06 pm

The Halo stuff at E3 looked pretty good except for the part where FPS doesn't fucking work on a console. If I was a disabled person I would be hype for that.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:23 pm

And the fact Halo is shit
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:59 pm

E3 is not for pc moosy...pc cant compete in that arena...hunker down with your exclusives and let the creativity die
JackBootedThug
Official bittah.com Chief Conspiracy Theorist

Yahoo Messenger: Skinski7
[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:08 am

Other games: another mass effect game which will be entirely average, Some tomb raider game, lego batman 3, more stupid suda51 beatemup shit, magicka 2, some world of tanks clones, even more dota clones, a lotr themed ass creed clone, more zombie game shit, some racing games, doom being rebooted and some monster hunter x pokemon thing.

Golly I hope Beyond Earth is good.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
This is meant to be a mega space ship sim which sounds fantastic but it's going to suck because everything is terrible.
Fuck yeah multiplayer Outrun.
Kiefer Sutherland better not fuck this up, not convinced by this trailer. Voice isn't grimcore enough.
And this whatever it turns out to be
Which-ever game ends up being the pick out of this new batch of spaceship combat games I'll be all over.

I think I'm cranky because Shipbreakers wasn't anywhere to be seen, but I suppose all the cool kids avoid E3 these days.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:49 am

Well Dark Souls was quite considerably different. I'm wondering if they're returning to the hub style of gameworld. And 'isn't terrible' isnt exactly how i'd describe Dark Souls - more like, fucking awesome.
I hope they go back to the hub style of the nexus. The level design was so much better because of it as they didn't have to have big areas of nothing in between just to connect the areas together. They could build a fully enclosed level and not worry about how or why it was connected to somewhere else.

Dark Souls is awesome but it was missing a lot of that atmosphere that was present in Demons, and Dark 2 just didn't hold my attention it at all. I have only played the first 3 hours or so and yes I know that is not enough but it just didn't grab me like the previous games. The level design is woeful at the start :?
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:48 am

This is meant to be a mega space ship sim which sounds fantastic but it's going to suck because everything is terrible.
everything is terrible indeed

also re: elite dangerpants, i dont fancy over the top cockpit dogfighting in space, give me the option of no fugging cockpit obscuring my view and some basic hud in the corner and im happy

they seem alittle too fap happy over this TECHNOLOGY bullshit, what about the game hey, no more of this 'wouldnt id be cool if x did y' sure, maybe once, after that get the fuck out

no wait, we must force you to look to the right in order to use the 'hyperdrive' instead of a fucking keypress because hypesole controllers cant manage that extra key fellas.. IMMERSION INTENSIFIES... sigh.. OCCULUS RIFT, DID WE SAY THAT ENOUGH... yeah sure did buddy sign into facebook to access your account

still looks better than star shilligen lets not get ahead of ourselves and i hope even tho people around here put money on the other guy they don't shit all over elite dangerbus out of petty spite because theres so few being made in this genre on this platform, even if they are top gun 'murrica, fuck yea! in space

even eve:valkyrie deserves a look:
yes yes 'pre-alpha' these idiots dont even understand what that means anymore
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:43 pm

everything is terrible indeed

also re: elite dangerpants, i dont fancy over the top cockpit dogfighting in space, give me the option of no fugging cockpit obscuring my view and some basic hud in the corner and im happy

they seem alittle too fap happy over this TECHNOLOGY bullshit, what about the game hey, no more of this 'wouldnt id be cool if x did y' sure, maybe once, after that get the f**k out

no wait, we must force you to look to the right in order to use the 'hyperdrive' instead of a f*****g keypress because hypesole controllers cant manage that extra key fellas.. IMMERSION INTENSIFIES... sigh.. OCCULUS RIFT, DID WE SAY THAT ENOUGH... yeah sure did buddy sign into facebook to access your account

still looks better than star shilligen lets not get ahead of ourselves and i hope even tho people around here put money on the other guy they don't **** all over elite dangerbus out of petty spite because theres so few being made in this genre on this platform, even if they are top gun 'murrica, f**k yea! in space
It is difficult to judge off a video. You can use a key press in Elite: Dangerous to engage both Supercruise and the Hyperdrive. You can also use quickbinds to target, deploy landing gear and lower your cargo scoop as well.

I have been playing around with the game since the Alpha and it is coming along pretty nicely actually.

I backed Star Citizen too, although I bought a bunch of LTI ships and flipped them and was able to cover Citizen with 5 ships, TrackIR and the E:D Alpha. it worked out pretty well.
JackBootedThug

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:50 pm

It is difficult to judge off a video. You can use a key press in Elite: Dangerous to engage both Supercruise and the Hyperdrive. You can also use quickbinds to target, deploy landing gear and lower your cargo scoop as well.
awesome, so why make that convoluted hud system in the first place? they really want those elusive simulator fanboys?

i spose there is a market for hardcore roleplayers but how big is it really.. jeez just press the go button
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Im sure there are always shortcut keybinds u can just press..but was also watching a e3 video on eve valkyrie, if u are designing games for occulus you have to avoid puting huds in the corners of the screen because the eye lens makes it blurry (and likewise you dont want to bunch them all up in the center of your screen) so turning your head to a side panel in your cockpit seems a fair solution.
DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:47 am

awesome, so why make that convoluted hud system in the first place? they really want those elusive simulator fanboys?

i spose there is a market for hardcore roleplayers but how big is it really.. jeez just press the go button
Hello Folks!

Just thought I'd pop my tuppence-worth into this thread, so you can get a little information straight from the horse's mouth, as it were.

Bindings
It's important to note that although using the cockpit interface shares standard game menu interface elements, navigating it is part and parcel of game play.

So, whilst still being an incredibly important aspect, making it as easy to use and invisible as possible is not the *only* goal. There are elements of player skill and drama (basically, game play) that we feel sometimes justify interactions that can validly conflict with ease of use, at least to a degree.

Just because we could bind every command to its own button doesn't mean that we feel it's the right thing to do.

Now, that's not to say that we get such choices right first time every time. Sometimes ideas sound great on paper and turn out awful in practice. When this happens, we make changes. The alpha process will allow folk to see us making them, and add their observations into the mix.

Dumbing Down
We want to support many different control options. As far as I'm concerned this has nothing to do with porting the game, by the way - we just want people to be able to use mice, keyboards, flight sticks, gamepads and combinations of the above. This makes plain sense to me: the more options there are, the wider appeal there can be.

Now, the *game* that we're making has its set of interface requirements, which always come first. We want the interface to support the game above all else. So sometimes, a particular control method will be slightly less suitable for a particular interaction, other times it will be better suited. We try to make choices in this regard that are best for the game as opposed to best for a particular input device.

We're definitely not "dumbing down" (one look at the bindings screen should make that clear), we're trying to do what we believe will create the best experience.
Sandro Sammarco - Lead Designer
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread ... 324&page=7
Hello folks!

Firstly, thanks for the comments. Agree or disagree, it's good to get different opinions.

I take onboard concerns about the interface. The cool thing about this alpha process is that we can get useful feedback during development where action can be taken.

The interface is likely to be tweaked further because A) not all features of the game are implemented and B) it's a touchy-feely thing (quite literally in some aspects!)

Obviously I don't really agree that we're actively attempting to add bad game play! As with all design though, there is an amount of subjectivity; decisions we make will be liked by some, loathed by others.

I can't promise that we will please everyone. But though we are basing our decisions on goals we've set, we are also measuring the results against feedback received. I'd also finally add that if possible it's worth spending some time with the interface before giving it up for dead based on convention alone
Sandro Sammarco - Lead Designer
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread ... 24&page=11
JackBootedThug

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:05 pm

Jesus... "I assume everything is going to be terrible therefore it is". Case in point phil assuming that one of the original creators of the space sim genre forgot to put a damn keybind in for jumpdrive/supercruise.

I can't say much out of E3 has me terribly excited, but Witcher 3 looks amazing and given CDPR's track record will turn out to be an amazing rpg despite probable issues on launch. E:D I've been playing and its damn fucking good already and only going to get better, it's only lacking in content and a few gameplay systems. Inquisition looks like it might be a return to form for dragon age, still not gonna pre-order, cause if you do that with any "big AAA publisher" on board you are going to have a bad time, hell if you pre-order from almost anyone these days you are asking to get ass-reamed. Mirrors Edge I am excite for, though still cautious as they could very easily fuck it up, though their focus on changing the "combat" to be much more about momentum and staying on the move has me optimistic, they seem like they are going in the right direction with it.

On the console side of things we have based From changing their formula up with Bloodborne, honestly starting to think I might just end up buying all of their games from now on if they continue to be awesome. I reaaaaly like the idea of boss fights being completely random in that you can end up fighting them in completely different areas every time, will provide those who are so used to the idea of bosses being static a nice surprise. Optimistic about Uncharted: A Theif's End, I hope they actually end it end it with this one, which also opens up some characters to possible death (Sully dying for real this time anyone?).

The rest of the games out there either haven't hit my radar/still really early shit or are mediocre console games for the masses to gobble up. But all in all quite a few cool things came out of E3.
Scorch
bittah

[ignore]