bittah.com!~ Snowdrop Engine - Tom Clancy's The Division

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Snowdrop Engine - Tom Clancy's The Division

Damn that lighting through the bullet holes looks nice.

and some gameplay
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 pm

obviously playing on cuntsole

dude shows up (tablet)

stopping watching there
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:06 pm

dude shows up (tablet)

stopping watching there
Obviously your a faggot
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 pm

dude shows up (tablet)

stopping watching there
Obviously your a faggot
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:57 pm

dude shows up (tablet)

stopping watching there
Obviously your a faggot
relevant.

I'm actually more impessed that this is console gameplay. Looks amazing.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 am

Lol yeh 'console' footage.. aka a high end PC with a gamepad connected.. like just about every other title shown at E3 for the last 3 years. Perpare for the downgradez!
DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Graphics look great... gameplay rather generic...

Hopefully they've put as much effort into the AI engine, those things were always my main gripe with these games.
KFC
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:21 pm

Ai is getting worse and worse these days (or was it ever any good?) Rome 2's siege ai is still broken after 11 major patches
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:42 pm

Ai is getting worse and worse these days (or was it ever any good?) Rome 2's siege ai is still broken after 11 major patches
it was never very good until fear introduced goal based ai over state based

unfortunately, as the article doesnt mention, goal based would more than likely require higher cpu overheads and for many server based games running on thin clients - cycles are tight($$$$)

for the singleplayer experience its probably fine now with multiple cores to throw the additional workload at, as far as co-op it would increase network activity quite a bit

then theres the more direct question of balance - do you want to be able to win? hehe

i put it down to ai being an afterthought, chucked on last minute with difficultly scaling brought on by increased enemy health, damage and numbers rather than actually better goals and tactics. hell in rts dont they just let them cheat and get massive resource incomes

ai derping will never make it into marketing clips
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:24 am

Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 am

Re: Snowdrop Engine - Tom Clancy's The Division

Lmao
flex0r
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:03 am

There hasn't been a fun Tom Clancy game since the original Ghost Recon.

All the new Splinter Cells are so tedious to play, and the Rainbow Sixes that came out a few years ago just smacked of consolitis.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:36 am

There hasn't been a fun Tom Clancy game since the original Ghost Recon.

All the new Splinter Cells are so tedious to play, and the Rainbow Sixes that came out a few years ago just smacked of consolitis.
Was never a Splinter Cell fan but hooooooly moooooly Raven Shield, gosh darn that game was glorious, I still have wet dreams about the using the mouse wheel to open doors for manual breaching.

And then Vegas happened. Still, as a co-op romp it was better than.... Gears of War...(???) and blind fire was.... kind of cool, even though you're supposed to be super elite CT's who probably shouldn't be blind firing, ever. And the cover based 3rd person style was, oh who the fuck am I kidding shit was fucking stupid and the only reason I played it so much was because everything else was just as fucking bad or worse. Fuck.

But golly I loved picking knee pads tho, my dude had like, sick as shoulder pads too! (I'm not actually being facetious, or maybe I am, I'm not sure, I liked the customisation ok)

But why can't we have a game where I get to pick my knee pads and plan the entire mission?
Last edited by Ragingmoose on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:27 pm

Yeah Raven Shield was awesome it was a LAN favorite for me and my mates way back when.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:16 pm

The first rainbow 6 was fucking awesome multi but was bsck in the days where multiplayer games were difficult to get working so couldn't play it as much as we wanted.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 am

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-the ... -visually/

downgradez confirmed, not that you'd need any further proof from ubisoft after watchdogs
DOX
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Yeah its bullshit, they should just publish the best version they can on each platform and let the users decide. It would make console hardware actually have to be able to compete next gen and be win win for all.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Re: Snowdrop Engine - Tom Clancy's The Division

Yeah its bullshit, they should just publish the best version they can on each platform and let the users decide. It would make console hardware actually have to be able to compete next gen and be win win for all.
But then you're essentially making 3 titles. That's a lot of overhead, any way you slice it.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:20 pm

It's also the reason games like BF4 are releasing in such terrible states these days IMO. They're trying to release the game in the same state on multiple platforms - PS3/Xbox 360 & PC simultaneously - god help us when we've got PS4 and Xbone in the mix also.

BF3 was pimped as having super support, attentive developers etc etc - but all of that disappeared with 4, which was all about levelution (though there's stuffall in the expansions incidentally), and none of the uber support promises. They're overextending themselves to the max.

If they're then releasing different qualities on different consoles, it's just exponentially upping the ante.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:30 pm

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-the ... -visually/

downgradez confirmed, not that you'd need any further proof from ubisoft after watchdogs
I came to this thread to post this link, fuck these cunts. I bought Watch Dogs and i thought it looked pretty good, but when i saw the 2012 e3 vid... wtf?!
"We really loved the reception to the demo we showed on the PC version at E3. Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC. This is probably what happened at Ubisoft Montreal. I think that while making stability changes is definitely important, it does not completely obliterate a lot of enhanced rendering applications.

Right now we already took out quite a lot of screen space reflections from the game and are working on asset management the best we can given consoles have that great unified memory. Naturally we will also be using online servers and have to produce a synchronization that higher graphics add to the latency so it had to be turned down. To me it still looks good,but not as good as the original reveal. I am sure as we get closer to launch and the actual console versions of the game featuring SD (Snowdrop) that it will start to seem all too obvious to people especially those on PCs. I just wanted to write and let you know that it definitely is not just stability but marketing politics plays into this a lot as well."

UPDATED 2nd Response from The Division Developer: "Truth be told in regards to your question that while ‘Yes’ the lead platform is the PC, we simply cannot have such a big gap. As you know when the first WATCH DOGS Review was published by that one site, Ubisoft called it a “false review” and I am sure everyone can see how bad that sounded when they saw the game did look marginally better than something that was a last generation GTA IV. But no, they will not admit that they practice this or actively downgrade a game. It is much easier to say they removed things for stability which is often a lie as you can tell by the post-issues which are expected in any production we do.

Also to answer your 3rd question, no…they will never fully disclose what was removed from what build as no laws ask them to do so in terms of consumer rights. If we as developers published that information in very real terms for the consumer such as “Replaced particle fog simulation with 2d layer simulation in 3d space, removed particles from all explosions, lowered explosion volume multiplier by 20x, removed X # of trees and civilians, etc.” we would be out of a lot of sales and probably it would actually require too much time to deliver on the current hype that a lot of downgraded games see which look incredible with a vertical slice. I do share this in the hope’s that my colleagues and publishers and a lot of people who make false promises and do demonstrations which wrongfully create too much hype that they cannot deliver on ultimately stop doing such things. I want to see the industry actually move forward and not be so full of itself by promising too much and delivering too little. Regards."
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]