bittah.com!~ C&C: Renegade

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:16 pm

C&C: Renegade

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-bLTYiaqqk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrRj_PLiGuA[/youtube]

I could do some big Rougeyesque spiel but nah fuck that. Shit was hype when I was a kid.
Pertuabo
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: C&C: Renegade

Watching people fly choppers into buildings instead of being useful was a large part of my multiplayer experience
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:02 pm

i see no rts here :(
Nasty Hobbit
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

@hobbit. It's more like Battlefield in the C&C universe. I played it a fair bit at the time, it was awesome. My favorite feature was that when you hop out of your tank to repair it you could lock it so no fucker could hop in and steal it :p. Wish they had that feature in BF4.

Seeing someone got their Mammoth tank they saved ages for killed in 2 shots by an Obelisk of Light tower was always funny :D

Edit: Ooh just watched the video and realised this is a sequel to C&C Renegade. I assumed from the comments it was talking about the orginal.
CrimsonFury
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:11 pm

i see no rts here :(
this
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 pm

had real fun in the original, something about seeing the nod obelisks blasting ppl and playing a chemical warrior spraying down ppl with acid was so fun
TOMbombadill
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:29 pm

I do remember playing the demo MP of this and thought it was pretty fun
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:16 pm

The original was amazing. This was in a time where fps's were restricted to the likes of counter strike, half life and other games (good games but quite typical). The single player in Renegade was actually considerably fun. I have fond memories of stealth tanks, flame tanks, medium tanks, nod buggy's and other assorted vehicle sections. It played alright on the ground, unrealistic but I think that's what made it fun. It wasn't ever suppose to be a battlefield or call of duty (mind you those weren't big titles back then).

There was something about playing such a classic game as a 'man on the ground' and really getting a feel for the size of the things you used to command when you're just one little bloke running around with a gun and some c4.

Ion cannon was absolutely godly to watch go off.

I just remember so much from that game:

'We're sending you a Medium tank'
'Your boys aren't helping much, we're gonna need more'
'What a day'

(I didn't say they were good quotes, just random lines I remember)

And I believe the awe inspiring fear of obelisks was well presented.

Another renegade will be great fun.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm

Pertuabo
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:56 pm

So is it any good?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Ooo new toys. Will give that a whirl as soon as I'm home
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Game is fun, but it's a bit buggy and there's a few areas that need polish.

Main one for me is the fact that the ping column in the server browser doesn't work, and I don't know the names of any of the Australian servers.
There's a few animation bugs for reloading weapons and switching between first and third person, and a few map bugs, but that's about the extent of it. Crashes are a little random, but I've only had 2.

Graphics aren't 10/10 material, but it looks nice enough (especially for Unreal, it doesn't have that fucking plasticine look it usually has) and has plenty of pretty moments and nice details. The fact that it's C&C makes up for everything.

Love the way you can see the retro-thrusters on the Hercules.
Pertuabo
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Graphics aren't 10/10 material
Gotta disagree, turn the graphics all the way up and this game looks amazing, like crysis good, aside from there not being much foliage around. Really sharp and detailed visuals. Runs pretty smooth too.

Got on a games.on.net server and it was a clusterfuck of lag, constant severe rubberbanding, was unplayable. Hope they manage to get that sorted.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:40 pm

Gotta disagree, turn the graphics all the way up and this game looks amazing, like crysis good, aside from there not being much foliage around. Really sharp and detailed visuals. Runs pretty smooth too.

Got on a games.on.net server and it was a clusterfuck of lag, constant severe rubberbanding, was unplayable. Hope they manage to get that sorted.
Thx will avoid

LOL #petty #pertuabostilllovesmen #crysisgfxareshit
jazzymcsleazy
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

You rate these graphics 10/10? As good as current graphics can currently get?

:?

Bad Company 2 looks substantially better than this and it is how many years old?
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm

It's more about looking so good while not sacrificing visibility. Everything in renegade x looks sharp and clear, battlefield games always have this fuzzier, bloom-soaked "so realistic" thing going that makes it look worse.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:45 pm

It's more about looking so good while not sacrificing visibility. Everything in renegade x looks sharp and clear, battlefield games always have this fuzzier, bloom-soaked "so realistic" thing going that makes it look worse.
That thing you described is the very plasticine effect that caused the complaint
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:53 am

So I just gave it a whirl. Other than the issues already said: the GDI vehicles are terrible. Tank shells have no explosion radius, meaning an infantry can dodge your attacks indefinitely. Nod has the edge in pretty much all categories. Entertaining though, very interested in seeing how it develops.

Edit: assets seem to be a straight rip from the old renegade (some, anyway) so that might be an impending C & D issue
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 1:48 am

A perfect game
Rampagegirl123
user

[ignore]