bittah.com!~ Space Hulk: Deathwing - Page 3

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:46 am

Gameplay footage on a PC not using a controller? well ill be a ham sandwich

Id still fuck off the head bob, the massive huds, the sword that absolutely must be in front of your face, the full screen red flashing circle of 'ur damaged' over just the actual hud for that purpose flashing once.. the AI controls look nice tho
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:47 am

pew pew pew
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:57 pm

Beta which was supposed to happen in a day or two has been delayed by about a week. They're addressing bugs from the technical beta of ladst week.

devs also said the voices in the footage were bugged and speak far too often. Had been adjusted for final build. I also suspect they will adjust head bob and weapon proximity as they're showing to be common comments.

Phone typing ftw
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:01 am

Beta for pre-orders is live but the initial reports are that it's pretty bad - we might need to refund this one brothers.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:41 am

Bad performance wise or bad as in the game is shit?
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:20 pm

I think more performance wise than gameplay, but the results seem mixed across the board. Reading how combat feels solid, graphics look sweet, yadda yadda. I note the voices have been "Terminator'd" and are deep and heavy with bass which is good. Will see how it is when I get a chance to play it
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:45 am

My impressions of this - i actually really like it. I managed to play a bunch of rounds over the weekend and think the main game will be really enjoyable.

It's buggy as shit however and definitely in need of polish. Performance was mixed, front end ui sluggish and not particularly well designed. Have been affected by crashes (where the game shits itself you if a player joins your game - but not always), to suddenly being able to walk around but not interact/use weapons/do anything.

BUT - the times it does work, the experience is pretty fucking rad. For one, there's no item or level grind - a big turn off for some people, but for people like me who feel that games dont neccessarily need this, im quite happy. Your skills level per game - moba style. ie a level 1 Librarian has only his aoe force push. By level 3 he unlocks chain lightning, level 5 he can choose the force axe instead of his starter force sword. A level 1 heavy weapons terminator starts with an assault cannon, level 3 he unlocks a plasma cannon. Level 1 apothecary can heal othter terminators, level 3 he unlocks a self-heal, yadda yadda.

There's back tracking in the map but it's huge and designed to be a massive ship interior. There's a ton of variety from corridors to open spaces and you often dont realise that where you're walking is above/below where you were earlier. This ship in the beta is a Cadian vessel and has remnants of old Imperial Guard units all over the place.

The environments look mad and are rich in fluffy 40k detail. Likewise the Terminator models look amazing, and have had their voices tweaked to be deep and boomy as we'd expect. Genestealers are likewise really well implemented and come in a range of varieties. Have been playing on a harder difficulty as this kind of game sucks when its easy.

Overall i'm glad i purchased it as i think going through single player with the story/missions will be fantastic. There's 7 entire ships in the game and 9 chapters across them. If they're all the similar quality to this Cadian ship then good times brothers, good times. Particularly looking forward to checking out an Astartes vessel - i know one of them is a Black Templar's ship, another Mechanicum, not sure about the others but would love an Inquisiton or Xenos ship - but highly doubt there'll be a xenos ship (aka like Eldar).
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 am

Sounds good. From what I have read, impressions are actually really good, just marred by terrible performance for a lot of people and bugs.

I think I'll wait for retail release before jumping in but looking forward to it.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:10 pm

Here's a dude exploring the beta map / ship. How anyone can say the game looks shit graphically beats the hell out of me, the environments are sexual as. This is just one of 7 ships and it's bloody massive
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:10 am

I see its (the beta) popped up in my steam library, will download it tonight (woohoo adsl) and see how terrible it is
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:13 am

Dont get too excited jester, i believe it ends today!
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:52 pm

This launches today - although i think it'll be very early morning overnight.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:19 pm

Yeah was presuming it would be in the morning UK time. But, given its been pushed back 15 times already, I'm assuming they have until 23:59 Baker Island time to keep that promise.

Whats your steam ID?
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:13 am

i sure hope its using textures etc from the beta without having to redownload the entire game ...
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:56 am

aaaand the AI in the single player makes me want to kill myself
jEstEr
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:11 am

Steam id - dont know off the top of my head, but i dont tend to connect with people much these days anyway as i have so little time.

I saw Rogue One last night so barely got to play, but played through the first and half the second missions and really enjoyed them. The design of the ship interiors is so damned sweet. That first ship, mechanicum, loved it.

Didnt have any ai issues but they dont appear particularly self sufficient. Real-time trying to get the apothecary to heal you and the heavy weapons guy when buried under a horde is no easy feat ffs. This will be killer good as co-op on max difficulty
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:29 pm

This guy is astartes irl
Deepjay

[ignore]