bittah.com!~ TitanFall - Page 6

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: TitanFall

Krozzy
Kroz-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 pm

I keep worrying about hitting the "oh thats all then is it" wall but everytime I feel its about to happen something giggles as happens or I rip a dude out of his titan with a giant shit eating grin on my face or someone has an absolute blinder of a round and you're wondering exactly how they managed to tear up so hard. Generally I find that more interesting than being the player dominating scrubs cause life is study.

Im really interested to see the player bases skill set evolve, a few players are already all over the game but stacks of people are still playing call of titans and not taking advantage of the games unique aspects.

What makes the game different? The player character is a space trooper ninja who gets a fucking robot dropped from the sky. You get, a fucking big robot, from the sky. The amount of, im not sure what it is, pride? Stubbornness? Over caution due to previous negative experiences? Causing people to dismiss the games strongest aspects is just odd.

My pc sucked too much back in the day to play Shogo so im totes getting off on this.

You get to step on other players and vaporize them with 40mm shells, lightning canons and giant grenades, nailing some fool standing on a roof trying to missle your buddy is pretty damn satisfying not to mention spotting some twit running at your titan only to merely dash back and insta gib him.

Sure the pilot vs pilot gun play is basic but who gives a shit it does the job and accounts for only a fraction of the game experience.

Edit ps Im XV25Oratorio

This game is the closest thing to a "modern/western/mainstream" Virtual On remake I can expect to be on pc, multiplayer and popular so you can bet your ass im shoveling all my eggs into this basket, hell im downright laying droves of new eggs to cram in.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:40 am

Yeah dropping in a titan on an enemys head is possibly one of the most satisfying things ever.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:14 am

The one thing that does appeal to me about Titanfall is how the maps are supposedly story driven – well the campaign IS the multiplayer. It doesn’t look particularly good (IMO) – but I am a fan of that concept. For all its failings, I liked that in Brink – or liked the idea of it. I’d like to see more FPS that set two teams at each other with clear purpose, particularly when things such as objectives being achieved it advances into a new area, or is interspersed with small cut scenes or in-map events. I love games that take you through map progression, like Rush in BC2 – or to a lesser extent those TF2 maps of which the name escapes me.

Im pretty sure i'd enjoy Titanfall for a while, but i couldnt see myself enjoying it more than any of the previous CoD games.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:30 pm

i got no net till end of april cept this shitty wireless so keep it comeing boys, im still realy on the fence about this game. and love to hear if its worth getting or opinions on it.
TOMbombadill
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:03 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocO3E7uZ ... ture=share[/youtube]
Informative. Although the majority of clips used are of pretty poor quality and yes T:A is the Tribes game which is referenced and yes the clip supplied utterly abysmal but not everyone can be elite, then there wouldn't be an elite.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GngNRCgu00M[/youtube]
Not tremendously impressive especially given the thoroughbred (thorough breed?) of this community but indicative of the neat stuff which can happen in a round.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 pm

wow he kicked him in mid air then came in his pants
VGX
AMANOJAKU
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Got bored and made a gameplay vid, nothing special.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 11:05 pm

I just bought this for PC... 50gig install wtf. This must have some massive textures.
KraKen
bittah

Yahoo Messenger: friend
AOL: suck
[ignore]

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 8:57 am

I recall reading that it's the sound unpacked or somesuch - where the actual game download was like 30 gig.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 1:11 pm

I just bought this for PC... 50gig install wtf. This must have some massive textures.
Game was a 20~ gig dl, which unpacked an additional 19~ gigs of uncompressed audio at the time I "installed". Origin is bad at telling you what's actually going on and obnoxious. Unncompressed sound because xbox 360.

First DLC installment was probably included in that, because you & your money doesn't mean we owe you shit.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 pm

Is anyone playing this? ill be on tribesanz mumble if you want some coordination.
KraKen
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Will be keen as mustard on Wednesday night.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 6:29 pm

This game is really starting to irritate me. I've tried 6x to play campaign mode, it just sits there trying to get players, sometimes it manages 1 or 2 and then 10mins later they leave once boredom sets in.

Tempted to return it purely because of its really poor matchmaking.
KraKen
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 7:11 pm

I don't think anyone plays campaign mode. Pretty much a one of play through for achievements/unlocks then no real reason to play it again and I would imagine most people went through it a 1 1/2 months ago. :(
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 7:54 pm

Play the campaign on us servers, youve got a better chance of getting a match and the lag is managable, anyone warping around is likely to have a crappy connection at thier end, be prepared for some annoying deaths tho, but by the same token you can score a bunch of bs kills. The campaign serves only to unlock the big/small chassis neither of which I use much, need a legit team to have them play roles and be more useful than the default/Atlus.

Bit of a sorry state of affairs since consumers are idiots who don't understand what they're buying.
Ragingmoose
bittah

[ignore]