bittah.com!~ The Witcher 3 - Page 8

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:42 am

Fist fights were too easy just use counter attack everytime and youll win them all without being hit unless you get greedy. It gives you a pretty big window of grace just block before they punch then hvy punch a few times dodge back rinse repeat. The very last fight s lol.

I wish they had more gold sinks/things to spend money on from about level 12 I never had money issues at all after reaching novagrad, traded all my coins at the bank for like 4k gold then it just went up like crazy. I did pickup and sell pretty much everything I found for the first 18 or so levels until I realised I had about 30k and wouldn't ever need it, then stopped looting basically anything that basically wasnt a relic.

I am sad that I have finished it. Though happy that the expansion will be "like old school boxed game expansions" and add a new 40+ hours campaign. CDR are defo a studio who have earned my fath.

Bring on cyberpunk!
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 pm

I found the witcher sets to be pretty spot on with moneysink options. Those fucking ingots are super rare and cost a fair bit from the limited merchants that sell them. Times that by 3 complete sets and it adds up.

That said, the entire crafting system is eclipsed the moment you get the griffon designs and just keep on top of their upgrade levels. I never did find anything better than the witcher sets the entire time playing, which just made those dozens of relic swords and shit I got from badass monster hunts just heavy dosh I had to lug around until I found a merchant that actually paid something close to its true coin value. Even if the odd sword is a few points better than your set sword, it likely doesn't have sockets. Those runes carry you pretty hard.
Same with armour, I think I crafted maybe 3 bits while doing the 1-15 struggle then as soon as I got set pieces I never took em off or found anything near as good, which made the next dozen+ designs I found a waste of time. (beyond #fashionwitcher of course)
Actually I think I've just realised that there are light AND heavy punches - christ no wonder i've been doing so shit in fistfights - only been using lights :S
Saw your screenshots on steam and you have the tutorial helper text option thing on, so it would have been telling you what button to press for a heavy attack the whole time. :P
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Real men don't read tutorial texts! Or even bother to disable them. You should see my assemble an ikea purchase!
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:23 pm

It has to be said again - this game is insanely good. Whoever hasnt bought it yet needs to!
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:59 pm

Ok so yeah every fight thereafter has been trivial now :P

The Tailor is a pisser, the dialogue
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:57 am

Finished this a few days ago (main story all contracts but still got about 40 ? On my map)
Pretty good and a step up from dragon age inquisition which at the time seemed amazing
Originally got what would be considered the "bad" ending so reloaded to an hour and a bit earlier and got one of the two good endings, but I actually think the bad ending was better as it suited the darker hopelessness tone of the earlier entries in the series and in particular the same tone all of velen had in this one

4.5/5 great game, looking forward to the expansions but wouldn't replay, 100+ hours is just too big of a time sink to repeat it
wackety
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 am

I fell off the witcher horse (roach) around 2-3 months back and finally got back to playing it again yesterday. Had already sunk 50 hours into it but still feel like I've only scratched the surface.

Once again the game impresses me with the sheer quality it oozes from every pore.

Had a good chuckle when I faced "Tailor Durden" in the fists of fury challenge. The delivery of the lines from Geralt are perfect.

Durden "Do you want to know why they call me the Tailor? Because I sew the faces off my enemies" (or something to that effect)

Geralt "I just knew that was going to be a shitty story"
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Just started the beginning of the end mission which pretty much locks the game world at its current state.

Strangest thing though - I finished almost every single quest, searched every decent ? and did all the contracts, and only made it to lvl 26, still with 2 high level witcher contracts I can't do and unable to use mastercrafted gear.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:12 pm

You've missed something, I was lvl 35 when I finished I think. Had full mastercrafted cat gear for ages before final mission.

I don't know if difficulty plays into the XP gain, I played through from start to finish on the second hardest.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:19 pm

Just started the beginning of the end mission which pretty much locks the game world at its current state.

Strangest thing though - I finished almost every single quest, searched every decent ? and did all the contracts, and only made it to lvl 26, still with 2 high level witcher contracts I can't do and unable to use mastercrafted gear.
If you are talking about the beginning of the Isle of Mist quests then nah you should be fine at that level. Theres still a surprising amount of storyline left to play out. I think I was about level 22 when I started and when I finished I was 30ish
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:58 pm

Just realised that - played 3-4 hours into the main story today (havn't gamed like that in a while) and suddenly jumped up to level 34.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:21 pm

Finally finished the game. Sublime.

Bittersweet though as I didn't want the series to end. Having said that, it's also good to both end on a high note and, wrap up the story.

As far as I understand, the series is based on the books which start before witcher 1. If what I read was correct, he actually dies before witcher 1 and his amnesia was just a way to explain how he came back to life. It's further teased out in witcher 3 that ciri saved him just before his death.

To get to the point - there may be the potential to further explore the story in a prequel. Given the success of witcher 3 I can imagine they're currently thinking up ways to bring the series (and associated profits) back.

Edit: Even a cursory google search would've confirmed it for me, apologies for the laziness.
CD Projekt Red seems to be backpedaling faster than Geralt fending off a bruxa, now declaring that The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt may not be the final game in the series. In yesterday's announcement press release, studio head Adam Badowski made what seemed like a pretty definitive statement: "People may ask if this is really going to be the last Witcher game. Yes, it is. Why? Because we believe that we should end the series on a high note."

Eurogamer, however, recently updated its story on The Witcher 3 to say that what Badowski meant was that The Wild Hunt will be the last game in the current Witcher trilogy. Furthermore, CEO Adam Kicinski has stated that the "franchise will be continued."

We contacted CD Projekt Red for clarification on the issue. A spokesperson tells Joystiq, "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will wrap up the saga of Geralt of Rivia, but we do leave open the possibility of returning to the Witcher world." So there you have it, nothing can kill the Witcher, not even the monster of errant marketing.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:19 am

There's always New Game+ and the first of two expansions was just released. Going to get that today and say goodbye to my weekend, in fact.
As far as I understand, the series is based on the books which start before witcher 1. If what I read was correct, he actually dies before witcher 1 and his amnesia was just a way to explain how he came back to life. It's further teased out in witcher 3 that ciri saved him just before his death.
Did you play TW1? Almost everybody you meet that knows Geralt is surprised to see him alive since the last they saw/heard he was run through by a lowly peasant with a pitchfork during some anti xenos purging.
I actually got a couple of the books on my kindle but the formatting and translation done by whoever it is that sells em on amazon is pretty shoddy. Keep meaning to get around to them but the Horus Heresy keeps reeling me in.
Seraphic
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:22 am

Yeah, I think they will do something along the lines of Mass Effect 4 where its the same universe but entirely new stories/time/chars etc.

Also if you haven't and you still want some more Sotha, the heart of stone expansion was really really good as well.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:35 am

I'll take that advice - I was imagining the expansion to be more like DLC. How does it fit in with the world state?

And what is new game +? Noticed I unlocked it at completion but there wasn't an explanation.

I did play witcher 1 but I never finished it. I also have very hazy memories of it.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:46 am

I'll take that advice - I was imagining the expansion to be more like DLC. How does it fit in with the world state?

And what is new game +? Noticed I unlocked it at completion but there wasn't an explanation.

I did play witcher 1 but I never finished it. I also have very hazy memories of it.
In most other rpgs I've played, new game+ generally allows you to take data from your completed game (levels, items, currency, etc) and start again from the beginning. Often times it's also.a higher difficulty, and sometimes there's NG+ only content, like bonus bosses. I imagine it's a similar deal here.
SkymarshallHeff
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:25 am

It's hard to go back to the older witcher games (even 2 these days) unless you have a high tolerance for older graphics/awkward older game systems etc. You could likely get what you needed from youtube - i know there was something on youtube that basically recapped the entire witcher 2 story from start to finish.

The witcher wasnt a series of novels afaik but a collection of short stories. I've read mixed things about them as i too was interested in checking them out. I did notice at least 1-2 of them in the lcoal Dymocks. Wouldnt be surprised if there were some novella length stories in there too - giving it a bit more meat.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:51 pm

It's hard to go back to the older witcher games (even 2 these days) unless you have a high tolerance for older graphics/awkward older game systems etc. You could likely get what you needed from youtube - i know there was something on youtube that basically recapped the entire witcher 2 story from start to finish.
im replaying from the witcher 1 and with a bit of sweetfx its not that bad

its inventory system is also miles above the consolecuck editions
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Well to be fair even the Witcher 1 had decent graphics and voice acting, even more with that special edition that released, but it's hard going back to old game systems IMO.

I remember in Witcher 1 - you always ran like you were half bent over. Actually the other thing i remember about witcher 1 was it was fucking difficult - the combat could be particularly punishing. I never completeed it because i couldnt work out where to go next - i cant remember what it was specifically but there was definitely a place where i didnt know where to go forward.

WIth witcher 2 - it's little things like that annoying pause transitioning between areas, passing through an invisible doorway. On my most recent playthrough i actually got semi stuck in them - where i was on the other side but an enemy opposite (and through the door) and couldnt attack me because of the invis door/threshold.
Deepjay

[ignore]