bittah.com!~ Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy) - Page 42

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:01 pm

All this buying of ships and insurance ect makes me think i am not even going to bother with multiplayer.

It sounds a bit pay/timesink to win. Is the dogfighting part using equal machinery at least? StarLancer dogfighting was quite fun.
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:46 am

I must be the only one that thinks that this game won't live up to anyone's expectations and that Chris Roberts is on a ride he doesn't know how (or want) to get off because people won't stop throwing money at him.

I think I bought 3 ships but f**k I wish I could go back in time and slap myself stupid.
In what way did that multicrew ship demo from gamescom not look like everything they promised and more? That's the game I bought right there
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

Got into the PTU alpha for the social module, would not recommend downloading it, 30gb just to run around an area and look at cool stuff for about 10 minutes
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

30gb patch or did you not use the new launcher which doesn't cause you to redownload the entire client?
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 pm

30gb patch or did you not use the new launcher which doesn't cause you to redownload the entire client?
PTU is a completely separate install as far as I'm aware. I ran that shit overnight but when it started it was downloading at full speed and said 30gb left.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Really with the new launcher all you have to do is copy the files over to the Test folder and the launcher will calculate the differences and go from there.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:03 am

CitizenCon looked promising. Derek Smart expressing Huey Emmerich levels of denial on twitter.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Was going to post a run down of what happened but was too lazy
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:30 pm

some pretty well known names in that cast list
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:44 pm

I know I was pretty happy to see a few familiar names, hopefully later installments will have Malcolm McDowell.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Interesting read - long story short a bunch of ex-employees at CIG think that Chris Roberts and his wife are extremely hard to work with and that the entire project is doomed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... he-Company
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Def an interesting read. (a bit of a further look into this, sounds like pretty dodgy work by the author... dont know how much stock I'd put into it)

I think I pledged $100... which I'm not unhappy about considering how much time I spent playing wing commander / starlancer / freelancer.. heck I even spent 10-20 hours this year playing freelancer and it's 12 years old.

I wouldn't be pledging anymore though... not because I don't think it'll be released.. just that I do think they should've had a cut-off for new features available at release, polished the game up and got it out, then worked on add-ons after that. Dragging it out like they have makes me think there is an element that they're focused more on the crowdfunding.

With the number of people pledging for this game, there's going to be a lot of happy people, but a lot of disappointed people. Guess which of those groups usually has the louder voice? There's a major shit storm coming for star citizen - they have to live up to the marketing hype that they've created, and I have no idea how they're going to manage that.

I've been holding off upgrading my PC for ages - star citizen is probably the game I've been waiting for so I can run it well... so some delays are OK as it gives me more time to save :)
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:53 pm

Interesting read - long story short a bunch of ex-employees at CIG think that Chris Roberts and his wife are extremely hard to work with and that the entire project is doomed.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... he-Company
I read all 3 articles that the escapist pushed out and they left a lot of questions, the usual veracity of the sources is questionable, the statements made with no proof offensive emails sent, certain statments appearing word for word on Glassdoor Australia, not too mention the bullshit about Robert's response going to the "spam box" and pushing an online article out without his response and the feel of a Derek Smart narrative. I am all for being wary about the future of the project thats your choice but what I hate is people pushing their views on how others spend their money then acting like smug pricks as if they have some imaginary high ground.

That aside AC patch 1.3 went live usual round of balances, fixes, and optimisations, some new weapons, planetside instance selection, drivable buggies on planetside some other minor features. More of a groundwork patch for the mini-PU release that is looming in the Soon TM.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:34 am

Not too sure what those posters have against a Planetside like FPS component but I think that would be potentially awesome. I loved Planetside and I loved Wing Commander and seeing them “merge” the two different playstyles would be sweet. Add to that maybe a global enemy like in Starship Troopers and we can all forget about real life for a while.
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:23 am

SC won't have Planetside scale planetary battles, with the recent anniversary live steam, along with the reveal and sale of Anvil Crucible the repair ship, Avenger variants, P-76 Archameidies snub fighter, Interview with Mark Hamill and the start of the phased release of Arena Commander 2.0 or the nicknamed Baby PU has begun.
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:41 am

In the test server for the big open world area with the fps and the everything.

Shit crashes every minute or so for me, but the game is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_qAtqm4XUI

Managed to not crash long enough to go to the fps station and kill a few people, it feels very much like Arma 3 in space
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 am

Nice video. I watched one last week where a guy explores a derelict station and has a mate pick him up in a super hornet as his mustang was wrecked. The station had no gravity and looked very eerie, so much potential...

Edit: I just got an invite this morning to the 2.0 PTU: Crusader but i dont have internet as i moved house 2 months ago and there are no fucking adsl ports available at the moment.
Local physics grid demo:
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:16 pm

Has anyone tried out 2.0 yet? It is available to everyone and i still do not have internet at home.
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:30 pm

Has anyone tried out 2.0 yet? It is available to everyone and i still do not have internet at home.
It's still fairly crashy, showing really good progress, but the content isn't quite at a point where you can dive in and play all day every day anyway beyond mucking around trying to mess with other players. It's like early DayZ in space.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:43 am

I got internet back in January and eventually got around to downloading the alpha. Must say it feels pretty impressive, especially the scale. I was a bit drunk and hadn't flown for months and months, but it felt good. Eventually figured out how to hyperspace or whatever it is called and had someone jump in my super hornet with me as gunner only to crash when we jumped in system. But its coming along nicely, i really want to get stuck into Squadron 42.
Seab4ss
bittah

[ignore]