bittah.com!~ Rome 2 ? - Page 12

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:44 am

5th patch has just gone live this morning, includes free new faction, the Seleucids
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:58 pm

FUCK THE FACTION!

Workshop is in, whoop!
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:53 am

Free nomadic culture pack if you add it to steam this week apparently

http://store.steampowered.com/app/258270/
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl-csVA7bM0[/youtube]
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 am

AI feels different since last time I played.

Much better overall - having other states offer military alliances, making client states of those I dominate, and having a tough time on the campaign map. Loving it.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Having played several long campaigns in this so far, I’ve begun to recognise one of the core things this game is lacking. I’ve mentioned before that it’s lacking challenge, but it’s not specifically that- it’s lacking super powerful factions.

Having just randomly had my first civil war occur (ive nfi what caused it – and it didn’t happen in Rome, but some random European city outside of Italy), it was one of the best things that’s happened to my game. It happened around 120 turns in, and suddenly here’s 12 or so very strong armies. These armies then split up and I was forced to scramble all over to stop them.

I actually defeated them all with few issues, but man, this is what needs to occur. You need to go east and suddenly holy fuck @ Pontus, or Parthia, or the Seleucids, or anyone! You need to encounter factions in the later stages of the game that have mirrored your progress and are now massive and powerful, and don’t just have 3-4 big armies, but 15 massive armies.

It is almost unbelievable that this isn’t in the game.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:58 pm

I'd have to agree. 95% of the time the other factions just feel "static" and it kind of makes the game stale and easy as a result. Every faction owns the same cities/provinces in each campaign I've played. Some factions might take out another city or two but I've never come across a rival empire. The closest I've come is a campaign where Egypt essentially got wiped out by slave armies but this just made Egypt that much easier to conquer as there was 0 opposition.

It's probably the main reason why I feel burnt out and have gone back to civ5:bnw.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:10 pm

Ive had games where the Suebi were knocked out within 5 turns. In my 120 campaign, Athens just got nailed, but they were never strong. Sparta is being cleaned up by the 2 city owning Syracuse. Libya is strong, but my military ally - we've just destroyed Egypt, but there was no actual power there. One of the biggest territory holders, Pergamon, is also a military alliance of mine - but nowhere am i seeing big armies roaming around- like 5 stacks - not just 1-2 full stacks.

It's a serious game flaw.

In Shogun 2- i'd go against 2 full stacks and win but have a haggard force that took quite a bit of time to replenish, and then i'd meet the rest of their forces, like another few stacks, and i'd be holy shitting my pants trying to find a way to deal with them (of course then they'd siege me and i'd just beat them back with an army 1/20th of their size due to the broken siege mechanics).

Developers these days......
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:46 pm

This does more justice than the game is currently worth, but still, it's a pretty bloody good panorama

http://d3sfrpv2p43dtq.cloudfront.net/pa ... index.html - Rome vs the Eastern Nomad factions
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:26 am

Beta 7 patch went live today with a lot of fixes aimed at improving siege ai etc.

Will patch up and start a new campaign on the weekend, keen to see if this actually works, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 pm

playing as sparta. there are more factions at war with me than not at war with me. certainly challenging but im not sure why the tribes of britan are hating on me that much when I'm yet to leave greece lol
wackety
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 1:55 am

I've tried the game when it came out and was dissapointed deeply. I'm a big RTW fan and have player the first an all the expansions. But the Rome II was running so bad on my pc when i started it i just gave up. I have a Phenom II X4 955 OC on 4ghz a Sapphire Radeon 7850 and 8 gigs of ram and I can't run it? Come on... It ran on low with minimum unit scale on 16fps and it looked like a beta I could have build in C++ in about 20 minutes.
Rampagegirl123
user

[ignore]