bittah.com!~ Diablo 3

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Diablo 3

I can't be bothered looking for the original topic since it hasn't been spoken about for some time.

There is a new release date as of two days ago - May 15th

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Diablo ... 40470.html

Amazing.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:12 pm

I will revive the old thread. Because it contains my beta review! :)
Sinister
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Where can I pre-order the CE

[edit]

No EB or JB, but got a copy from Harvey Norman :D

Which is apparently still a thing

Delivery of orders normally takes between (5) five to (10) ten days.

WHAT >:(((((((((
Lewdeh
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm

g2play is my place for this sort of thing, not much cheaper these days though
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Small savings aren't really an issue for me - I'd get everything via download if it was practical with my [shared] internet plan

I used to use Gameswarehouse a lot and got burnt a few times by ozgameshop (fuck UK Mail or Royal Post or whatever) so it's seriously about convenience at this point :]

Wonder how much leave I will have by the middle of May :D
Lewdeh
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm

The game is looking amazing though. Heaps of changes since beta, lots of alterations to the rune system and skill system, apparently they were not happy with how the system was.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

I've deliberately not followed anything about it because I want to enjoy the full story without spoilers

Nah that's a lie. I am gonna grind the fuck out of this
Lewdeh
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm

I wouldnt call it amazing, underwhelming would have to be the key word that comes to mind for me
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Yeh, will be interesting to see how it is recieved. The beta was fun, really easy but then so was the first half of act 1 of D2. There was a lot of potential there and i think it will be fun for a while, whether it becomes the lasting game that Blizz are hoping for by setting up (eventually) all the arena stuff is another matter. The world is a very different place from when D2 came out., but the sheer number of hours i sunk into that game means D3 will at least get a solid try.
Che
calm

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

It is a Blizzard game. It will make a lot of money, steal a lot of time and probably kill a few Koreans.
Lewdeh
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:20 pm

I wouldnt call it amazing, underwhelming would have to be the key word that comes to mind for me
I would say on average we see eye to eye when it comes to most games. I have not played the beta of this, but I know you have. I am hoping this is one of those times we disagree and that you are wrong.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I would say on average we see eye to eye when it comes to most games. I have not played the beta of this, but I know you have. I am hoping this is one of those times we disagree and that you are wrong.
My immediate feeling was it just didnt feel like it had advanced the game from anything D1 or D2 offered. It looked good, and it plays alright, but i didnt feel compelled to play it through to completion (of what the beta offers). The Barbarian at least didnt feel as good (IMO) as D2's Barb.

I dont know, i'll still buy it regardless as i reckon Blizzard are one of those companies that always exceed expectations regardless of things like this - Starcraft 2 for one impressed the hell out of me, while the leadup was mehmeh

*edit - just thinking more on this, some people will argue with these games that they dont need to be changed, but i disagree with that. If there's a sequel, it has to move it forward in some way. It has to build upon the previous and take it forward - even though i enjoyed D2, i would be dissatisfied with a simple remake.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:34 pm

It is a Blizzard game. It will make a lot of money, steal a lot of time and probably kill a few Koreans.
:lol: true that

I got my copy pre-ordered on CDWOW for like $49 a little while ago (not CE though)
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm

The beta has been down for like the last 3 days, they massivly fucked battlenet with patch 15. On the upside man huge improvment, i mean i loved it before beign a hardout d1/d2 fan, but before it was kind of mindlessly easy, yes yes it's the first 1/3 of the first act but if you hadn't played it by easy i mean walk into a pack go get a coffee come back then kill them. However today with patch 15 its heaps better much more like D2, as a wizz you now need to run around in circles castign cc as shit will 2-3 hit you, feels much better and exciting again.

It's going to be fuckign awesome. And if anyone had played the beta but hasnt played it in the last month then it's changed fuckign heaps with patch 14/15.

*edit* If you go back and play D2 again DJ you'll notice you only use 1 or 2 spell at a time as thats all you could have hotkeyed to left and right attack. D3 is much more action packed and skill orientated than just auto attack x 10,000 plus a few spells casts, now nearly all attacks are a spell or somesort which is alot more fun, it has def evolved from what d2 was in heaps of ways. It's alot more titan quest like than D2 imo but obviously much better.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah if its more challenging it will have more appeal for me for sure.

One thing ive had with the D3 beta has been really shitty lag. It jerks and jumps and stuff. Not always, but a lot of the time. It's like it's a 500ms ping or something. This really surprised me as Blizzard betas are usually pretty tight.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Yeah if its more challenging it will have more appeal for me for sure.

One thing ive had with the D3 beta has been really shitty lag. It jerks and jumps and stuff. Not always, but a lot of the time. It's like it's a 500ms ping or something. This really surprised me as Blizzard betas are usually pretty tight.
They are known to stress-test during later beta though; since that's the time we're getting to I'm guessing that they're just shutting down a few servers and intentionally causing overloading just to see if it breaks.

Although, if Cataclysm's release was anything to go by, we could be in for one big clusterfuck
thenk
calm

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Not really that excited for this to be honest. Have played the beta at a friend's place and it just didn't grab me like D2 did. And with GW2 going into beta soon with pre-purchase available now (April 10th for digital editions) it won't be too far away.

Limited gaming time + lots of games to play already = sacrifices must be made :(
dreamstation
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah not excited either. Played the beta a few times. Looking forward to Torchlight 2.
RnR
user

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 12, 2012 8:28 am

Does anyone know where I can pick up a digital edition (key) for cheap, while at the same time be 100% legitimate? (needs to be confirmed with a previous purchase by someone)

The ones on the blizzard store are still pretty expensive.
Sinister
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat May 12, 2012 8:47 am

Diablo 3

Try the US blizzard store?
ShannoX
unsettled

[ignore]