bittah.com!~ Blood Bowl

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:53 pm

Blood Bowl

Any of you guys got this - or tried it?

I picked up an eval copy of the original game on a whim the other night and damn if it isnt addictive. It was a bit daunting at first as I had nfi what was going on, but I found as I have slowly begun to understand how to play it, it's really damned enjoyable. I shelled out the $40.00 to buy the legendary copy which is a lot more polished and has 20 races as opposed the original 8.

Basically it's like a combination of real-time strategy and turn-based. There is a real-time strategy mode but its reputedly clunky, whilst the turn-based mode is great.

Effectively it's warhammerafied(tm) American football - though not an exact translation. I really like the whole sporting vibe from it, yet it is reminiscent of a strategic RTS.

You have 11 players on the field at any one time and you move them individually. Any time you fumble/get knocked down or anything negative, it's instantly a turnover. So while you can play it safe and make 11 moves, IF you are pressured, or risking something that involves a dice roll, you run the risk of either a big pay-off, or a turnover that can really fuck you up.

So what you’re seeing is this deep level of strategy while you manoeuvre your guys around, trying to get a touchdown on the other team, with a whole slew of Warhammer style shit in between.

From a presentation point of view, the player models and arenas look sweet, there’s a really well done in-game commentary, and it’s a lot better than I would have thought initially.

I’d be really keen to play a few rounds versus a human opponent if anyone happens to have it.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:54 pm

You got vanilla release or Dark Elves Ed or Legendary Ed?
3havoc
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Legendary edition for $40.00 via steam
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:46 pm

I picked this up a while back - dark elves edition. It takes a lot of getting used to but it's a decent amount of fun
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I have it, but havnt even put it in my xbox yet. Dont think i have the patience for it.
Last edited by Sinister on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinister
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:32 pm

i played in beta, do i get hipster cred? 8-)

edit: didn't buy the full game though, i lost interest when it went mainstream
Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Looking forward to this!
Deepjay

[ignore]