Works, looks like shit though.Ok, I finally figured out how to fix that damn crash to desktop error when using a GF4TI card.
1) download the Microsoft Framework, do a search on google (+download +microsoft framework)
2) download DXTweaker: http://mrbauer.net/files/dxtweaker.rar
3) Extract to a folder on desktop
4) Run DXTweaker, and goto "New" on the right
5) Point it to your root BF2 EXE (in your EA Sports\battlefield 2\ DIR)
6) Check the 2 boxes that contain 'SHADER' , one is FORCE PP SHADER OTHER IS PS SHADER or something of that sourt
7) Click Apply, and then click RUN on the top.
It will launch the game with no problems and you will be playing very smoothly!
bittah.com!~ New gf4 fix that works
Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.
Moderator: Super Moderators
- Recent Topics
- Bittah all time greatest moments
- November 2018 - Tribes 20yr Anniversary
- Midair (formerly known as Project Z)
- What are you watching? TV Megathread (now with added sticky)
- Dev Log #23 – 1.0.1 Patch Notes
^^^^^^^^yeh I just tried on my 4400 - it loads up the game, everything up to the point where you can click on 'Join Game'.
Then when you click on it, crashes to desktop.
there is more than 2 selections that have "shader" in them
There is another fix around called BF2ShaderMod.zip but it's very dodgy.. crashes for some ppl, only just playable for others. I haven't tried it yet.
Direct link to BF2ShaderMod.zip
Screen shot Screen shot