bittah.com!~ Opinions? - Page 7

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:25 pm

Here's a start for learning squad stuff :)

http://games.internode.on.net/forums/vi ... hp?t=48226
Nice! Thanks!
JHBE
user

[ignore]

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:37 pm

I'm not really sure what some of you are talking about when you say there is no room for a little "flare" or "solo" play. Imho squad play is way more fun, but when i feel like going ranger stylez i can still cap flags, kill vehicles (with abit of nouce), and even on occasion top score, not always mind you, but every so often it happens. ;)

As for accuracy issues, again im at a loss as to what some of you are talking about. I play the assault class a lot these days, and regularily get long range kills, with one or two shots only. :| Imho, it's about finding a weapon you like and playing around with it until you know it's "feel". :)

It's like the gren launcher, for the first 3 days i hated it, thought it was a piece of shit, now i can hit vehicles zooming around from a 100m away and lob grenades in windows a foot wide from a mile away. ;)

Give the game time, stick with it, discover the little nuances, play in a game with a good squad leader, one who follows the commanders orders (if he is any good that is), enjoy the feeling of repairing your teams artillery under heavy fire, then watching the commander rain hell on an enemy encampment which you then storm! :)

Or hammering a flag for 5 minutes and finally taking it, then having all your squad healing and re-arming each other, followed by the inevitable "lets move out!" command from your squad leader and letting it all start over again! :)

Or having your squad take out the enemies art, trailer and radar, then calling in a "pickup" while covering each other, then seeing a big fat blackhawk on the horizon which swoops down and picks you all up to only dump you into another hot zone. All for the sake of a bloody commander whos probably sitting safely back on board the carrier! :dev:

Have a few moments like that, and i can guarantee you wont look back. :)
discuit
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:06 am

One major concern is that new players simply don't join squads.
and the ones that do dont make even half an attempt to follow orders

cept this one time

and that was awesome :)
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:39 am

most new players are too busy trying to figure out wtf is going on to get head around squads (*hand-up*) - it'll balance out over time as more ppl get more familiar with the game.
Shar Chi
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:16 am

Noticed there are a lot less ppl just lifting off and flipping helli's now. im finging myself getting blown up by well organised aartilary + heli + bomber combo. ouch
:|CASK|:
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:42 am

are people using the in game browser? cause i all seeing eye does not support the demo and i tried xfire and its a piece of shit... what else is out there?
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:40 am

gamespy

/snickers
/2aven
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:25 pm

One major concern is that new players simply don't join squads.
and the ones that do dont make even half an attempt to follow orders

cept this one time

and that was awesome :)
8-)
Karmat
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:48 pm

i forgot about cogs, thats a no bullshit browser.

does not actually join the game though = i have read the demo does not support the proper commands?
WerTicus
annoyed

[ignore]