bittah.com!~ Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Community / Games / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Update is up, 4.2 gig
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Can someone explain how the hell energy drinks work by the way?

And painkillers?

And bandages - they only heal a small amount right?
when you take dmg you lose health and max health as well. so if you get shot up your health will go to 50% and your max health to 85%. you bandage up to 85% then take a red bull to slowly bring your max health back to 100%. painkillers are the same thing, they just recover a lot more max health.

there are medkits and first aid as well. one is a stronger type of bandage, the other does health and max health.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:05 pm

Ah right - how is that represented on the ui exactly?

What's the percentage with the stamina bar bottom left? Or is that stamina? I thought the red bulls may have had something to do with endurance.

Game is up btw, just had a round was smooth - only a bit of rubber banding...

And fuck me, i have just realised i joined the AS server...thought that was AU, there's an OC server.

Have to say that Asian server was smooth anyway - still had the door lag, now i know why!
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:13 pm

according to the wiki...
Med Kits - heal a character's health to 100 instantly
First Aid Kits - heal a character's health to 75 instantly
Bandage - heals character's health up to 10 overtime

Painkillers - increase characters boost by 60 instantly
Energy Drinks - increase characters boost by 40 instantly
energy drinks recover health 'over time' tho, might need updating. still figuring out the UI, there are bars that appear above your health when you use an energy drink or painkiller, might be some sort of over-charge that settles back down to 100% giving you a sprint boost or something. haven't seen any solid info on it yet.
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 am

Had a few top 10 finishes last night. Found the key to getting there is finding a hiding spot near the approximate end circle destination and going prone in some buildings corner.

Best result was 2nd but lost my shit when i saw the other guy and forgot how to aim. Really digging the firing mechanics in this - feels very natural tap tap tapping shots at long range against runners. Had so many situations where me and the enemy player are prone, cat n mouse type action. Had this situation where i had this guy peaking out from a tiny shed in the middle of nowhere, i had an AK with an 8x which made seeing him piss easy. -But then he ran out into open terrain and went prone and just disappeared. There was only basic ground cover - does the game not render you or something when you're in cover at a certain range to compensate for non rendering foilage?

*edit - oh and got a pan kill :)
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:01 pm

*edit - oh and got a pan kill :)
DAMN!!! That beats my *sickle* kill from last night :P
Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 am

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:14 am

I Had the worst damned fps lag in those games last night. Jerking every 2 seconds when moving almost like a fps leak from playing a few rounds prior.

That and the damned baby let crying thanks to teething.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:52 am

I Had the worst damned fps lag in those games last night. Jerking every 2 seconds when moving almost like a fps leak from playing a few rounds prior.

That and the damned baby let crying thanks to teething.
Yeah there seems to be a memory leak, we all tend to restart the game after the third or forth round.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 am

Was like constant hitching, made it unbearable and aiming impossible.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:10 pm

you can fix most of the memory leaks by taking memory management away from the game and letting windows handle it. In launch options enter

Code: Select all

-malloc=system
lenny
calm

[ignore]

Post » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:09 am

MikHail
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:16 am

Great game - much better than i thought it'd be. Initially i though the travelling and wait around doing nothing times were a bit much, but the more i've played it's not that bad. If you get in a car early and drive to the centre of a circle, that's when it's a dullfest. I've found myself following the circles in and also going after gunshots in the distance for easier kills - well not easy, i've been pegged a bunch of times doing this.

My beefs with the game so far:

1. Proximity sound seems non-existent -i cant recall ever having heard someone in a house with me but have stumbled across plenty of people. Oher people's footsteps or opening doors - i NEVER hear it, even with headphones on.
2. A lot of sounds seem very slightly delayed - such as your own footsteps. On multiple occasions ive ducked into cover thinking someone else is in a house and in fact it's my own walking.
3. Car sounds seem fucky. They dont seem to generate from the car itself but nearby and also seem slightly delayed frm the footsteps. It's almost impossible to tell what direction a car is coming frm short of knowing its close and spotting it visually.
4. Attachments are a complete pain in the ass - would be infinitely easier if switching weapons dumped the attachments into your inventory or something. The amount of times i've swapped weapons only to have to go through the attachment on/off game is a joke.
5. The last few feet of parachuting is shitty - it's like you completely lose control. Small niggle but a niggle nonetheless. Shiggle my niggle.
6. I have low level foilage enabled, but i see many games in streams where it's disabled. I think it should be enabled by default if it's even in the game as it gives you a false sense of cover when in fact you might be standing out like dogs balls. Only reliable cover are trees/rocks/buildings.
7. Shooting through windows is also ridiculously clunky. Multiple times i've seen someone outside and fired but the bullets have been stopped by the window sill despite a clear aim. it's safer just not firing through windows.

All in all i dont really have many issues but proximity sound is a big one.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:22 am

The directional audio SUCKS. If I'm on the second floor of a house and someone is running around outside it sounds like they are right next to me.

I really like the free falling but the actual parachuting part could really use some work. The inventory management is pretty messy.

I wasn't sure how much I'd like it coming from H1Z1 but its leagues ahead of kotk in every way that counts.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:13 pm

The inventory isnt that bad to be honest - i like the way the contextual button changes on the left of an item for equip or use. It's quite intuitive but could use some work. For a first incarnation it's not bad.

And yeah agreed on the freefalling - that and parachuting is done really well. It's just the landing that's horrible.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:30 pm

atm to drop something you have to drag it across the whole screen. it's a bit clunky.
agree with the parachuting but would prefer optimisation > all atm

impressive
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:06 pm

jeez, h1z1 is pulling in the numbers eh.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:17 am

Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]