bittah.com!~ Movie: Split

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Movie: Split

Saw this movie last week - really enjoyed it (as did my wife).

About a guy with dissociative identity disorder and multiple personalities all taking over his body at different times. Except it's a bit more than that...

A few of his 'personalities' are conspiring together & have kidnapped a few young girls and are keeping them for an unknown purpose (explained later in the movie).

There's some nice little twists, as expected by M. Night Shyamalan, but the star of the show is undoubtedly James McAvoy (young Prof X from the latest X-Men movies) who I thought put in a superb performance. The rest of the cast were decent, although I thought the main 'girl' wasn't quite right... and there's some pretty dodgy extras near the end...

But I would definitely recommend seeing it if you're thinking about going to the movies sometime soon.

7/10 from me (7.5 on imdb)
ColonelBlair
bittah, jaded, anti social freak
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:13 pm

Young pro x is good actor. So is young magneto
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Split was a passable movie I guess. The complete absence of any "oh shit" moment or great revelation / twist brought it down for me. If you've seen the trailer, you've basically seen the whole movie, unless you particularly care about finding out if the protagonists survive or not.

Then at the end the movie takes five seconds to say
Spoiler: Show
"hey btw this was secretly a sequel to Unbreakable"
which I hesitate to even spoiler tag because it's fucking nothing.

Worth watching if you're really into "the art of acting"
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]