bittah.com!~ Rogue One

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:50 am

Rogue One

Surprised there's not a thread. First teaser dropped last night, what do you think?
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:37 am

It looks so very very good. The sound and music in that trailer was awesome. Super dooper excited.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:46 am

Did you get any feelings that it felt a bit...low budget?
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 am

Oh look, a white female lead with an English accent! Forrest Whittaker reprising his role from Battlefield Earth! The compulsory slow piano arrangement of the classic theme! "I rebel"!

I think I'm just mad about how many times I've read "rouge" this morning. Too early to call either way, there is as much cause for concern as optimism.

*edit* My favourite bit was actually Hamill recreating his entire TFA role in the 10 second clip at the end. Cool guy.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Have to agree with the music - they did the same thing for the female Ghostbusters remake and it sounded equally as lame IMO. It's all getting a bit samey.

Eh Hammill? What did i miss? *edit - nm
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:14 pm

One really cool bit was how they used the shadow of the Death Star's weapon dish to mimic one of Lucas' wipe transitions. Respect.

Magneto sure loves posing though.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Who is that Imperial Commander in the white cloak supposed to be? I need to look at a trailer frame by frame breakdown or what not, was a lot of stuff that went in there. Always hard to get an overall idea of the story from these teasers though. The experience was definitely tainted by that music, really not a fan of that.

Perfect music choice has to go to that Force Awakens final trailer, that never fails to give me chills - i still wish that was Han flying the falcon in those scenes though.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 pm

They are very deliberately keeping Mendelsohn's role under wraps and loving the speculation. Some are saying Thrawn (lol), some even said Tarkin (LOL), I say a new (and doomed) character. He either dies during the theft or as punishment for letting it happen.

Also Vader is confirmed (size of role still a mystery) and it now looks like the Emperor is there in that scene with the bowing figure in the black hood (we've only ever seen those cool red Imperial Guards in his presence).
They've established that Mendelsohn's character wears white (apparently the colour of an Imperial Grand Admiral's uniform, hence the Thrawn link), could the hooded figure even be Vader? I think I'd be better with that than an all new 3rd Sith.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:23 pm

This is a pretty uncanny casting match for Mon Mothma

Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Grand Admiral THrawn would be fucking WIN thx. It wont happen though.

Also - Mon Mothma could have been:
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:47 pm

I think they had her play Mothma in the prequels too but the scenes were cut. Not bad as a younger version but I feel she should look older given how close those 2 pics are in the story's timeline. Meh, no biggy.

And I'd hate to see Thrawn reduced. A Thrawn-in-name-only is the worst case scenario. And we wouldn't be allowed to complain that they got him wrong either, because reasons.

Does anyone else wonder why this is the only spin-off (confirmed or rumoured) not based on the earlier adventures of an established character?
Reckon it will have direct links to the new trilogy on top of the obvious ties to the OT?
Is Jyn Rey's mum? Is Luke Rey's dad? Neither? BOTH? Is Magneto (or the hooded character) Snoke? They won't spoil the reveal of Rey's heritage in a non-trilogy film, they probably won't even drop hints, but I totally expect callbacks to this film in eps 8 and/or 9 if not a direct tie.

*edit* Ellen looks cute in that pic, the tux and shorter hair suit her.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:51 pm

Atats looked great of course , probably be a decent movie

Just seems super safe , and the donny yen stick fighting just seems really out of place to me

I rebel was cringe worthy, little concerned Disney is gonna ride right down the middle with Star Wars and become less creative as a result
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Just seems super safe , and the donny yen stick fighting just seems really out of place to me
Yeah agreed on Donnie Yen. I really like him, but i find him pretty weak as a strong male char when speaking English - he just doesnt have the voice/presence to pull it off - nfi what they're doing with him in this. He wasnt particularly impressive in Crouching Tiger 2 either (IMO)
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:25 pm

Donnie Yen = Chinese tickets.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:30 am

If anything it's going to be a great looking and film with Edwards at the helm. I don't know how to put his style into words, but after Monsters and Godzilla, it's clear he's got one. I want to say restrained, but that's a negative word when the way he does it is purely positive.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:59 am

Damn, that's gorgeous.
The dialogue, not so much.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:48 am

Seems a bit serene / pouty with the line delivery

Looks great but I have a feeling the characters will be kinda weak

Lead chick seems like generic tough grrl
whitewhale

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:19 am

Damn that trailer was awesome, the fx have come a long way since that initial trailer, some great shots in there. Also feel better about Donnie Yen, looks badass here. The girl was better in this than the first one i thought but who knows.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Love the way this film looks. Edwards has a real knack for 'big thing comes slowly into view' aka Godzilla. In the trailer alone we've got the star destroyer coming out of the blackness of space, as well as the tie fighter rising up over that platform. It's just gorgeous.

Agreed that characters are going to be weak / a series of cliches. Interested to see if Whitaker is more than a sagely black man who can fight aka Morgan Freemon in basically everything, but most specifically Oblivion.

The visuals alone will be enough to make this film a must-see, but Edwards is good at keeping things tense without showing you much. Personally i think it's going to be far more thoughtful than TFA, and will probably be a film I rewatch more than TFA.

Is Donnie Yen's character force sensitive? Glad to hear he hasn't lost that HK accent :P
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:10 pm

Is Donnie Yen's character force sensitive?
OMFG NOT AGAIN :o :shock: :? :shock: :) :D :P :P :P 8-) :lol: :lol:
Deepjay

[ignore]