bittah.com!~ Warcraft the movie

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:29 am

Warcraft the movie

looks pretty damn cool. With this and assassins creed having the highest video game movie budget of all time (beating out prince of persia lol). We could be moving away from the era of uwe boll shittyness?
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:44 am

Haha I heard that they might be making a movie on warcraft. And they have! Looks awesome.
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:59 am

Haha I heard that they might be making a movie on warcraft. And they have! Looks awesome.
Been in the works for a while now. The main Human actor is Ragnar from Vikings.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:45 am

Ragnar Lothbrok is the human king.

I think I can get on board of this.

edit: fuck, beaten to it.
Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:03 pm

Considering what it is - it looks a lot better than I expected it would. But you know how these things turn out.

Warcraft was better back in the earlier days of it when it was straight up Orcs vs Humans. At least the Orc's look pretty decent and Warcrafty, that's a bit of a feat in itself. If it looks to fake and CG though, it'll be meh. That or it does too much fan service to the legions of hyper WoW nerds out there these days.
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:08 pm

The orcs look better than the humans imo. The armor looks very warcrafty which for non wc fans might be a bit of a turn off it also looks very cg but is apparently not cg at all but that might make it stand out when near everything else is cg. That being said blizzard have put their name on it so its gonna have production quality out the ass.
Ragnar Lothbrok is the human king.

I think I can get on board of this.

edit: fuck, beaten to it.
Looks to be a paladin rather than the king (whos shown in a different scene)
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Pretty sure Ragnar is playing Lothar.

Not expecting much out of this, seems they're rewriting lore for Hollywood purposes and in all honesty blizzard's writing and 'polish' leaves a lot to be desired these days. It is a far cry from the company it was 10 years ago,
ta|on
calm

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:41 pm

Needs bigger shoulders on all the characters - and AQ colour schemes
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:52 pm

This is looking shit hot!
RaVPup
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Needs bigger shoulders on all the characters - and AQ colour schemes
did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] ??
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:57 pm

For this movie to truly be a warcraft movie it needs at least one guy that always stands in shadow traps and doesn't switch dps to adds. A cameo from Leroy would be amazing too.
ISimmoI
calm

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:45 pm

For this movie to truly be a warcraft movie it needs at least one guy that always stands in shadow traps and doesn't switch dps to adds. A cameo from Leroy would be amazing too.
No - that would make it a world of Warcraft movie.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Maybe in some way it will be about World of Warcraft, though?

One can hope.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 am

Straight up warcraft to me takes me back to the Warcraft 1, 2 & 3 days - where the world was rich and interesting and primarily about the orcs vs humans conflict (although bloody simplistic compared to where wow has taken it).

When I think of wow - it's an interesting world but all i think about is this hyper nerd i used to work with who would use wow terms irl and relate everything irl back to wow - fucking disgrace. And that's the kind of horrible people i can imagine filling a cinema for a movie that's based on wow. I'd sooner cut off my own nuts than endure that.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:51 am

Straight up warcraft to me takes me back to the Warcraft 1, 2 & 3 days - where the world was rich and interesting and primarily about the orcs vs humans conflict (although bloody simplistic compared to where wow has taken it).

When I think of wow - it's an interesting world but all i think about is this hyper nerd i used to work with who would use wow terms irl and relate everything irl back to wow - f*****g disgrace. And that's the kind of horrible people i can imagine filling a cinema for a movie that's based on wow. I'd sooner cut off my own nuts than endure that.
Not based on WoW, about. It seems to me that when taking on a gaming juggernaut like Warcraft that, at one point, was the face of 'modern gaming', you need to make your movie about WoW in some capacity -- whether that be about the legions of nerds it enslaved like your co-worker, or whatever.

You know, a Nero element (Star Trek). Or a Holloway element (see Prometheus). Holloway was this dumb scientist who had this whole fan-fiction written out in his head of how their scientific expedition would play out, and when it didn't play out the way he wanted, he got depressed and sulked.

A bit like everybody who cried about Prometheus not being a 'true prequel' to Alien or whatever the fuck.

Warcraft should be* about what WoW was, at one point, to contemporary culture, and also about the nerds it bred that people like you hate so much (and, to be honest, they kind of earned that scorn).

I'm not talking plot or anything here, or which 'world' the movie is set in, or any of that shit. Nor am I talking about who will see the film in a cinema because I really don't care who watches movies.

My guess on why they're setting it in Warcraft 1's time (I've only played WC1 and 2) is because it makes for a simpler origin story. They've probably got a trilogy planned.

*And it will be, necessarily, as it is a film, and film is art. There's probably going to be a pretty interesting racial reading in there, somewhere, as Warcraft has always had a disturbing racial component.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 pm

I dont mean it shouldnt reference wow - of course it will, that's where the whole warcraft story was really fleshed out (although war3 and its expansion were pretty detailed). If you took the story from warcraft 1 - it'd be - human town attacked by orcs. Oh no orcs! Attack the orcs!

2 was pretty much the same except it greatly expanded the amount of units. It wasnt until 3 that they started to really inject lore. Well 1 & 2 had lore, the accompanying manuals with them were pretty good, really nice artwork etc - but yeah wow was where it really expanded in a super big way.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 pm

It wont feature anything from wow really no elves or undead at all I doubt. The movie is based on "The First War" which you can read in the book Warcraft: The Last Gaurdian which matches up with the story arc from warcraft 1 to war 2 the dark portal. Its an awesome story and was published before wows release. WoW contained most of this info in quests and backstory though, eventually.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/First_War

The shot in the trailer of and orc female putting a baby in a basket on the river is Thrall no doubt. There will be sequels a plenty.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:56 pm

It wont feature anything from wow really no elves or undead at all I doubt. The movie is based on "The First War" which you can read in the book Warcraft: The Last Gaurdian which matches up with the story arc from warcraft 1 to war 2 the dark portal. Its an awesome story and was published before wows release. WoW contained most of this info in quests and backstory though, eventually.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/First_War

The shot in the trailer of and orc female putting a baby in a basket on the river is Thrall no doubt. There will be sequels a plenty.
Well you can see Redridge in the trailer (being attackde from above) and the.....ive gone blank on the zone name the one with those harvesters and all the fields - that's very obviously based on the wow zone too. Not that you could ignore the look of how they are in wow anyway.

ANYWAY bs aside, the movie is looking better than i thought a warcraft movie could look, i am keen to check it out, just not holding my breath. Prepared to be pleasantly surprised though.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Yeah but the first war was in the continent of Azeroth ie where Redridge and Stormwind etc are. Those areas existed in the lore already and wow made them into a visual reality for sure. I just meant the story isnt from the stuff written new in wow. The timeline of vanilla wow (rebuilt Stormwind, adult Thrall etc) is quite a bit after the story the movie will be focused on imo.

I would love the movie to be good but ill hold my hype meter at a 7 just incase.
Larno
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Dalaran (if thats what that floating city is) didn't start floating till The burning crusade expansion if I remember correctly.

I want a warcraft 4.
PeTtY
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]