bittah.com!~ Star Wars episode VII. Omg [Spoilers+]

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Star Wars episode VII. Omg [Spoilers+]

Plazbot
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:29 pm

Star Wars fuck yeah.

Jar Jar Abrams fuck no.

Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:51 am

dude we can still make out the actors

philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:57 am

Not holding out a lot of hope for this one. Not only does it have a ridiculous amount to live up to – the original trilogy itself, unlike the prequels which were some kind of toy marketing Disney nightmare – but I thought the latest Star Trek was crapola, and if that’s anything to go by, blerk.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Just maybe, they're taking it seriously on the level of "We have to make this a good Star Wars film or our careers are over"

They have to have seen that the prequel trilogy was a piece of shit, and understood why the original films were so much better. They have to know what is at stake here.
Tobias
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Yeah but how much money did the prequels make? I'm thinking lots - and a movies success is generally judged by how much money it made, in which case those prequels, as crap as they were (although i didnt mind the third one to be honest) were possibly deemed voctory.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Comparable, but based on adjusted ticket prices Ep IV > Ep I > EP VI > EP V > EP III > EP II:

http://boxofficemojo.com/franchises/cha ... arwars.htm

IMO the only decent part of the prequels was Obiwan vs Anakin (especially the dialog exchange after Anakin has his legs cut off). Everything else was pretty painful.

Yeah still not holding up a lot of hope for this one tbh.
KFC

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 pm

It'll be no better than the last 3 (or is that the first 3??) But we'll all still watch it. .. just I'll be in the camp that won't be seeing it at the movies. .. I'm yet to remove the bad taste from the last one, they won't be getting my hard earned this time
aristo-
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:44 pm

It could be worse though – at least it’s not directed by George Lucas. There’s much more of a chance that it’ll be awesome and will exceed all of our expeditions than utterly fail for no other reason than old bullfrog throat is not helming it.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 pm

remember watching the new star trek and watching the screen where *spoilers* the evil generals daughter is talking to her dad asking them not kill everyone and i would have gotten into it, felt some emotion but the screen had a big fuking lens flair across it. fuk jj learn some restraint.
TOMbombadill
unsettled

[ignore]

Post » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:33 pm

The only good signs so far are the extra 6 months they've pushed back the release, and Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back) replacing Michael Arndt as writer. Unfortunately he'll share the writing with Jar Jar.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:44 am

Why do you call oh nn derrrrr
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:33 am

Re: Star Wars episode VII. Omg

The only good signs so far are the extra 6 months they've pushed back the release, and Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back) replacing Michael Arndt as writer.
And the music should be good with John Williams doing the score. In fact, that will probably be the highlight since old JJ will get too much control of the rest of it.
Iscariot

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 am

Lawrence Kasdan is good news.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Why do you call oh nn derrrrr
The beautiful thing is that people have been calling Abrams "Jar Jar" for years, long before he was connected to Star Wars.
He's just that loved.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:14 pm

If this movie is only half as good as Empire it'll still be good. Empire was prolly my favourite of any of them by a large amount.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:15 pm

People are a lot more critical of movies these days than they were back when the originals came out... seriously, at the trench run who believes Han Solo gets that close to Vader without someone saying "hey... boss... better watch out for that ship". Let alone the whole idea of having to fly down a really long trench while big guns pick you off... and I guess the Imperials decided missiles weren't needed anymore... just small lasers and massive planet destroying lasers.

C-3PO is the most annoying character in the trilogy.. he is the original trilogies Jar Jar... even more annoying is that you have to put up with BOTH of them in the prequels. Apart from helping communicate with the ewoks does he do anything helpful? And now that we're on the topic of ewoks... fuzzy midget cuddly bears... are they any better than the gungans? The Ep6 Death Star isn't much better than the Ep4 one... except instead of a convenient hole leading to the reactor there's space for big space ships to fly into... and no protection inside.

I'm sure there's a bazillion more things, but for most of us when we watched these movies we were young and didn't care about it all. I find movies 100 times more enjoyable when I don't read up about them online and see all the flaws everyone's pointed out. I honestly hardly noticed the lens flare in the new star trek movie... now if I watched it again it would probably piss me off because I'd know to look for it.

The problem with EP1 was it was probably too childish for the adult star wars fans, and possibly too adult in parts to want to take your kids to see... that and the introduction of a scientific reason for the force.
EP2 was better.. it had its flaws but I found it enjoyable.
EP3 I actually thought was pretty good, and would have no troubles watching again. Obi-Wan vs Aniken... Yoda vs Emperor... Youngling massacre... the Vader transformation was pretty silly, but whatever.

I'll go see the new ones and will hopefully avoid any online discussions about it beforehand so I can just enjoy it for what it is.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:24 pm

At any rate with Disney holding the keys, we'll never get a chance for a good film or series about The Exile and The Betrayer.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 pm

open casting for a part in the movie
http://www.opencastingcall2013.com/
dipp
user

[ignore]

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:00 am

open casting for a part in the movie
http://www.opencastingcall2013.com/
I applied for the Thomas role wish me luck!
XU1
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]