not always. i don't have cancer but i've heard it definitely sucks balls.Analysing why something sux without actually experiencing it is error prone
bittah.com!~ Fucking Ben Affleck... - Page 10
Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.
Moderator: Super Moderators
- Recent Topics
- Bittah 5s - Midair LCTF Draft 2018
- good to be backkkk aka freestyler
- Bittah 9s - Midair Oceanic Base Draft 2018
- November 2018 - Tribes 20yr Anniversary
No. And that's a pretty disingenuous version of what's happened.Ok, let's look at this objectively.
The VAST majority of discussion is in the same vein. Joyless "heroes" (in name only) punching and killing their way through a depressing, incoherent mess.
On the other hand we have one of your patented "reviews":
"I liked it. It was good."
You then attempt to counter the overwhelming negativity by repeating "nuh uh" ad nauseum.
And you want me to view it based on that alone AND return to do all the heavy lifting?
I mean, I've put reasons previously why I liked it and some parts I didn't. Beyond just "I liked it." And had some more indepth responses with others who have seen it.
What I've said to you is it's pointless continuing to talk about the specifics of a movie with someone who hasn't seen it. And has based their opinion solely on (overly-biased) other reviews. And imo has parts of it incorrect as a result. Beyond just saying "nuh uh" too.
I'm asking for your own opinion before spending any more time debating those key elements of the movie with you... that's not you doing "heavy lifting" at all. It's the basis of a reasonable discussion.
I'm not going to dissect the entire movie for you, or go through every negative review you're hiding behind instead. So that you might then get up and watch it? No. That's heavy lifting. And a stupid conversation to have. Watch the movie.
I've had cancer. Its not the worse thing Ive ever gone through.not always. i don't have cancer but i've heard it definitely sucks balls.Analysing why something sux without actually experiencing it is error prone
Annoying? yes. Sucks balls? don't think so.
But yeah, if they'd just leave Superman dead and buried, comics, TV and movies, I'd be a happy person because this one was a stinker in a long line of invulnerable mediocrity.
NONE OF IT MADE ANY SENSE.
- It was edited with a blender, stretched out to breaking point, then blended again.
- Inconsistencies. Superman keeps saving Lois in a split second but his mum gets left hanging? "I thought she was with you" You emailed her those DC trailers, you dummy.
- Hypocrisy. Our two "heroes" stop killing people just long enough to work on killing the other guy for being a killer.
- Motivations. What the fuck were Lex's motive and plan? Nobody has a problem with Batman's 1% chance bullshit?
- The utter pointlessness of key points. Superman was clumsily framed TWICE (Lexcorp-unique bullets? Really?) then absolved of any wrongdoing moments later. In fact the whole court scene has no reason to exist.
- That dream within a dream. Dumb idea all by itself but it gets even worse in context. Flash can run so fast he can go back in time INTO A DREAM?
- The massive leaps. Alien goo + alien corpse + human blood = alien supertroll. Mutual hatred + lame coincidence = BFFs.
- I have lost count of the number of times Lois has been a convenient plot device over the course of only two movies.
- SO. FUCKING. DOUR.
And note that I didn't even mention characterisations (hint: they were bad), or how they blew their wad too early, leaving major elements feeling wasted or unearned.
I think the most egregious thing BvS did was having Superman climb into the tub boot-first. It still bugs me to this day.