bittah.com!~ miyazaki appreciation thread - Page 2

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm

That is so roleplay
Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:07 pm

nuh uh :dev:

PS he had this super long hair growing out the top of his nose it was quite spectacularrrrrr
liinwaan

[ignore]

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:32 pm

I saw Ponyo last Sunday night, definitely the most kiddy out of all of them which I couldn't help but feel a little flat about.

I think the consensus is

Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke

admittedly I saw Spirited Away first and Mononoke only recently but they were brilliant.

Very looking forward to seeing "Where the Wild things Are"
doopy_loopy

[ignore]

Post » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 am

That's pretty crazy I'll keep an eye out for that.

Ninokuni or Second country. :shock:
HandsomeDave
bittah

Yahoo Messenger: No
AOL: No
[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:04 pm

because luckily for us you're not done yet

http://screenrant.com/studio-ghibli-hay ... etirement/ 8-)
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:24 pm

As if he was ever going to actually retire though. He's the kind of guy whose been doing it for so long that he cant do anything else. He would have been watching his son (was it his son also making them?) or at least the studio and would have been missing it. He's the kind of guy who'd do this kind of thing until he died, pencil in hand.

I went to the Ghibli museum in Tokyo about 6 years ago and it had this re-creation of his study and all the various rooms, coloured pencils and brushes everywhere, was so awesome.
Deepjay

[ignore]

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:25 pm

i want to go to there

and yeah, tales of earthsea was written/directed by his son. i haven't seen it tho
Goro Miyazaki started his career as a construction consultant, and he designed parks or public institutions. Because his father, Hayao Miyazaki, is a world-famous filmmaker, he always had complex feeling towards his father. He decided not to work for anything related to animation, to avoid being compared with Hayao. However, the turning point came to his life in 1990s, which was the new project of construction of Studio Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Tokyo. He was in charge of the whole design of the museum, and became the first Managing Director. While Hayao was filming "Hauru no ugoku shiro" (Howl's Moving Castle), Toshio Suzuki, the producer, decided to let Goro direct the next Ghibli movie since he was impressed by Goro's talent of making decisions quickly and properly, and his ability to draw pictures. Therefore he directed "Gedo Senki" (Tales from Earthsea), which is the first step of his career in the animated movie industry.
rewatched lupin recently. def one of my favorites. rumour is spielberg said it has "one of the greatest chase sequences ever filmed". i tend to agree
Nasty Hobbit

[ignore]