bittah.com!~ What are you watching? TV Megathread (now with added sticky) - Page 35

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:30 am

K'noath. Red Dwarf, Black Adder and The Young Ones remain my 3 favourite TV comedies and they all came from the same place at around the same time. What an era.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:36 am

i would murder for more black adder. sadly the peoples poet is dead ... but we still have his poetry

also
Spoiler: Show
Red Dwarf S11E01 WEB h264-spamTV
Nasty Hobbit .online
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:45 am

Noice. I've been looking forward to this time of year for ages, now the floodgates are opening.
South Park, Red Dwarf, the rugby league finals and FH3. My weekend is sorted.
And there's so much more just around the corner.

*edit - Rumours of a Black Adder return have been floating around forever. About a year ago Robinson said it's likely, then joked about Laurie's fee. Fingers crossed.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:37 am

I really liked the black adder series, but all of the post release little specials/movies were all fairly average I thought... not sure if a new series would hold up.
ColonelBlair

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:56 pm

Out of interest, had you read Preacher before watching the show? Not judging, I just seem to be in the minority for loving both the comics and the show.

Also, Red Dwarf is back as of yesterday. Timely reference.
Nope I never read comics. But I read reviews from lots of comic book fans saying they didn't like the TV series as it was too different to the books. But I didn't have that knowledge behind me so I went in blind and just loved it. I thought the little things, like what happened to Tom Cruise only appearing in the background, was cleverly done.

p.s. Will be watching red dwarf too and oh man would seriously love them to do a new blackadder ... and a new drop the dead donkey too ... dont know if you ever saw that show but it was brilliant ... it was a comedy set in a newsroom in england in the 90s and it was always about that fortnights current events, so it was always up to date (even more than South Park is) and they only had one week to write the script for the show. Needs a modern version.
AoD
calm

[ignore]

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:51 pm

luke cage is out.

ep 1 summary
luke needs money, he owes his landlord money because the boss of his 2nd job owes him money. a mob boss appears who was expecting some money, but because nobody in harlem pays anyone, he didn't get his money. a lady who lent the mob boss money wants her money too, because she owes someone else money. meanwhile a solitary white guy shows up, who also wants his money. they accuse a young niglet of having their money, but he doesn't have any money. luke then has sex with a lady, who happens to be an auditor, who is trying to keep track of the money.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueyCT8fN64M&t=29s[/youtube]
Nasty Hobbit .online

[ignore]

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:06 am

Luke Cage was good.

All the antagonists were excellent and compelling, baring one over the top 70s Blaxploitation throwback who was, admittedly, pretty good fun.

Shades in particular was awesome - so rare to find a straight up villain who has brushed up on their Evil Overlord list.
Rougey
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:45 pm

so walking dead resumed :shock: :shock:
Nasty Hobbit .online

[ignore]

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:22 pm

:shock:
HOLEY FUCK!
Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:40 am

I reckon they fumbled the fuck out of that. Some epic performances but after all their stunts the only impact was from gore.
I'll keep watching (Shiva and badass Carl) but Westworld is kicking their arse.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:52 am

HOLEY f**k!
Yeah that reminded me of a certain Mountain moment in GoT.

I get why they needed to establish a decent villain given the walkers are not much of a threat any more. It really didn't need to be that brutal though. I didn't need to see closeups of main characters getting their brains smashed to a pulp.
IMO they took it too far.
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:40 am

HOLEY f**k!
Yeah that reminded me of a certain Mountain moment in GoT.

I get why they needed to establish a decent villain given the walkers are not much of a threat any more. It really didn't need to be that brutal though. I didn't need to see closeups of main characters getting their brains smashed to a pulp.
IMO they took it too far.
I can't fault the gore itself, the scene played almost identically in the comic and it worked wonderfully there. The difference here was that the comics didn't already have us mourn Glenn after the Lazarus Dumpster incident, reduce Abe to a decoy, or draw out the moment for 6 months.
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 am

it was brutal
Nasty Hobbit .online

[ignore]

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Nasty Hobbit .online

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 am

if it would make them money they would show worse, look at televangelists
philmarcracken
bittah doyen
bittah doyen

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:34 am

I see how it fits the comic now. Having said that the show was much more brutal and graphic, the comic looks tame in comparison.

I wish i had just read that page of the comic instead of watching the episode.
Duff5000
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:53 am

I see how it fits the comic now. Having said that the show was much more brutal and graphic, the comic looks tame in comparison.

I wish i had just read that page of the comic instead of watching the episode.
Those 2 pages aren't the entire scene.
http://imgur.com/gallery/myPlM
Gore doesn't bother me in a show about zombies. The biggest difference between the 2 representations for me is that the TV version teased, telegraphed, faked and drew out the resolution until gore was the only impact left. That is what leaves it feeling exploitative and gratuitous. I feel no shock or loss, simply relief that it's over and that shouldn't be the case. The comic didn't milk it as much and as a result the scene was more of an emotional gut-punch. That one panel of Maggie looking to Rick has more weight than the entire TV depiction despite some impressive acting (especially from Rick).
If I found the TV version a little jarring it was only in contrast to the Disneyfied dialogue. Given comic-Negan's love of "fuck" and all its derivatives, and Abe's defiant "Suck my nuts", this scene may be the gold standard for demonstrating America's insane sensibilities regarding what is appropriate for TV. They can linger on the face-pizza all day but if a character extended a middle finger it would be blurred out.
Am I the only one that found the morgue scene in Ash vs Evil Dead harder to watch? Not enough for me to stop eating when it came on during dinner but still...
Bongoloid
banhammer
banhammer

[ignore]

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:46 pm

TWD was borderline pathetic. Piss poor cliff-hanger that devolved into a mini-cliff-hanger that was poorly written. The only good part of that entire episode was the axe hitting the table as I kept having flashbacks to Rick having his hand taken off by the Governor - that was suspenseful.

Victim #1 had more of an impact than #2, if they had any balls they would have topped Darryl to really send a "no plot armor" message.

I watched Westworld afterwards to remind me how HBO leaves AMD for dead in production values.
Setanta
bittah freak
bittah freak

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:13 am

Producers of The Walking Dead went to extreme measures to ensure the identity of Negan's unfortunate victim remained a secret going into the season 7 premiere. As well as hiring body doubles, 11 alternate endings were filmed all showing a grisly end for each of the 11 characters kneeling at the new villain's mercy.
:lol:

<rant>
that scene should definitely have been at the end of last season. as far as shitting all over buildups and impact go, it's up there with ending the 2nd hobbit movie just as smaug was about to attack laketown. i had no problem with the dialogue or events but 100% agree the way they put it together with flashforwards, flashbacks and fuck it, let's have some flashhypotheticals after a 5-month-gap-mid-scene was totally unnecessary and annoying as fuck. compounded further with the 'think about what could still happen' bit later where rick imagines everyone gettting a tok to the head. my missus was firing up "WTF R THEY ALL DEAD? OH COME ON!" before i assured her "nup, he's imagining it. i know, it's stupid"
</rant>

anyway, the marketing hype and shitty editing are done and i just want to see what happens next :wink:
Nasty Hobbit .online

[ignore]

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:08 am

What I'm Still Looking Forward To
Steven Ogg
Badass Carl
Badass Maggie
Badass Jesus
Badass Ezekiel and badass Shiva
Expanding their world, meeting new communities