bittah.com!~ Matting your own photos (or any artwork really)

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:25 am

Matting your own photos (or any artwork really)

Anyone done it? I'm thinking it might be an easier option than trying to print to precut mat sizes in cheap IKEA type frames, since they often don't seem to match up to standard photo sizes and I don't want to crop out too much of the photo with the mat.

Any words of wisdom?
Chickenboo
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:50 pm

buy the cheap frames and work out how to use the custom print options on your printer.

you get really good prints out of not to expensive printers nowadays
GoZFisH
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:55 pm

yup and when the ink runs out u can buy a new printer cos it costs the same as the cartridge
Bash
bittah tardleader
bittah tardleader

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:38 am

Goz, I don't actually have a printer of my own at the moment, but I guess that would be an option.

Do you do your own printing? Any thoughts on printers? I'm looking at printing up to larger formats around A4 size which I don't think regular "photo printers" will do.

Adding to my earlier question, anyone that does have some experience in matting got any suggestions on where to buy supplies? I can't find anywhere in Stockholm that sells matboard or mat cutters (there probably are places, I just can't find them :P) so somewhere online with international shipping that anyone can recommend? Amazon could be my only hope at this point.
Chickenboo
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:38 pm

I dont know much about matting

i brought an epson r2400 quite a few years ago now when the A3 printer I brought off stan died

it does beutiful pictures with the imnks it uses and some of teh epson papers you can buy are spectacular

I print and frame my own photos and I can do them in whatever sizes I want (up to A3)

I can only think that inks have improved in the quality printers

I got an epson tx800fw for our everyday printing and i use it for quick 6x4 prints. its pretty close to the 2400 without looking to closely
GoZFisH

[ignore]

Post » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 pm

How many prints do you reckon you get from a cartridge with the 2400?
Chickenboo
bittah

[ignore]