bittah.com!~ View topic - i made a short film

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

Everything music & Digital imaging, editing, movie editing, tutorials, tips and more

Moderator: Super Moderators

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 10:24 am

Your artistic flair continues to impress me Shakey. Where are you these days? Still in America?

Sotha
corporal bittah
corporal bittah

[ignore]

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Don't know how I missed this. Really fantastic sound design, I think. Such good combinations of non/diagetic. Did you have much input on that?

Obviously, its a cliched premise. In a sense that's the point... I'm not going to say it's deliberately cliched, but it certainly knows that it is cliched, if that makes sense. I still cringe, though, every time the alarm clock shot plays. The whole concept was to take the cliched cubicle farm setting and simply swap out the salaryman protagonist with a young boy in a spacesuit, while keeping a straight face.

I like this.
Monk
bittah

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:14 am

Yes I directed the sound designer and was very mindful of the movement back and forth between diagetic and non diagetic soundscape, eg:

Shakey-Lo Wrote:during the tracking shot everything is very science fiction, but we cut somewhat jarringly to naturalism in the boardroom. And not coincidentally, [this] is when the concept fully clicks into place for a lot of people.

I think the sound design is a little too sparse though and thats one of the main reasons why the film feels so distant. I think the film could be improved a lot with another layer of sound design and a re-edit by a 'third party' editor rather than myself. but ain't nobody got time for that.

if anyone here is in London, its being screened on Thursday at the Truman Brewery in Shoreditch as part of a sci fi film night. I will be in attendance
Shakey-Lo
It's not Down Syndrome .... honest!

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

I just watched this now. I enjoyed it, but i didnt have any clue as to what it was about. I think i'm losing it.

Deepjay
bittah, jaded, anti social freak

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:53 pm

its funny because there's always been a pretty clear distinction - young people get it, and old people don't. Guess that makes you old DJ :)

Shakey-Lo

[ignore]

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:01 pm

I wish that was a lie ;( Particularly with this years milestone birthday, warghjhh

Deepjay

[ignore]