bittah.com!~ Who or what referred you to the tribes genre? - Page 8

Tribes 1, Tribes 2 and Midair gaming hub for the Australia and New Zealand communities.
We don't mention vengeance or ascend.

bittah:// Tribes / General / 

Moderator: Super Moderators

Discord

Online now

Midair

Playing now
  • Recent Topics
1 2 3 4 5

Who or what referred you to tribes 1 or 2?

Friend
63%
PCPP cover cd
7%
Magazine article
7%
Online review / fan site
5%
Computer games shop
4%
Other
15%

Total votes: 106

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:31 pm

I needed a flatmate, and ended up getting this kinda mousey red head chick who had a boyfriend that worked in internet cafe in downtown auckland. I was playing quake 3 at the time, and he asked me I minded him installing a game on my P3 600mhz(?) geforce 1 machine, which he played during the day while I was at work. The game was tribes, and the guy was Rumble, who was mates with Konishiki(who I met once), Larno(?), and Fisty (pink gerkhins). I'd come home from work and watch Rumble pubbing on splash, but held off playing myself until t2 was released.

Played TM for THAT in the early T2 base, THAT vs DMc match, THAT got owned, I remember top scoring on katabatic because in t2base turret kills counted as kills for the player. Never played clan matches after, but pubbed/lurked in the os/nz scene ever since. Ignored vegrances, pubbed in t2next and ascend (not really tribes). Love this game more than any other franchise, really reminisce about the scene back in the mid/late days of T1/T2c. Still think mojoman was the most talented player to come out of AU/NZ. Hoping mid air brings some of that scene back again.
We may have got our ass kicked but we looked damn cool :P
Otter
user

[ignore]

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:44 pm

*locked*....the poll is finished and the results have already been collected, thanks :buttplug:
Riker
bittah Police
bittah Police

[ignore]